PDA

View Full Version : Information bugs

cariad
08-27-2006, 02:37 AM
"Bugs are turning up in garbage bins in Britain -- and they're not the insect kind.

Some 500,000 "wheelie bins" have been secretly fitted with tiny electronic devices, each with a unique serial number, the Mail on Sunday newspaper reported.

The little gizmos are scanned as a bin is emptied when the garbage truck comes around -- enabling local authorities back at their offices to track the garbage habits of each household..."

Extract from http://uk.news.yahoo.com/26082006/323/electronic-bugs-turning-britain-s-rubbish-bins.html

I just read this and having finished laughing, it led to a discussion about what information is stored on each of us, and whether it is an invasion of our privacy or the means to provide better services.

Would be interested to hear what others think.

Oh, and I am willing to give details of my garbage habbits to anyone in return for chocolate and/or ice cream, if they can prove they are over 18 AND really wish to know.

cariad

MasterRob{cali}
08-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Well they have had (bugs) in lots of things here in the USA for a while that show they can track down exposives so fast etc...

smiles Big Brother has arrived

cariad
08-27-2006, 10:35 PM
And, Master Rob, so have a very nice set of initials after your name. Congratulations to you both. Rarely have I felt so happy for two people, and wish you both joy and contentment with each other.

cariad

redEva
08-29-2006, 06:58 AM
cariad ....

bugs? recording ... what, exactly? it is not like garbage cans are usual socializing area, like water container in offices ... I’m confuseled. I do agree with you ... they can have all my garbage info - especially if they are paying in chocolate lol!

MsUther
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
The flow of information of each and everyone makes me vary and a bit rattled.
Its possible, by my creditcard, moblie phone, security cameraes, passwords and god knows what more, to track my day, my week my year and when it comes down to it my whole life almost... Its very unsetteling.

Information has become a currency. And the info of me i dont own myself.

I wonder if people was told that their trash bins had been bugged.
(heehehe)
(but really its eeeeeeek, 1984 George Orwill)

DungeonMaster6
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
You might be surprised what could turn up in someone's trashcan. The FBI, CIA or whoever has made a lifetime of going through peoples' garbage. Yes, I agree it's unsettling to most of us, but if they can stop some terrorists from blowing up airplanes, I have no problem with it.

ladywrites
08-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Can we get round this if its happening here by sticking everything in a black sack or
....... are they super tricky infared xray bugs.....

lol and do they have ppl watching said bugs like the store detectives in shops..

Wow what an exciting life theyll lead then

"3 empty baked bean tins , an old pizza carton and a pile of carrot peelings Sir"

Ill just have to make sure in future I bury all bodies under the flags in my backyard .

cariad
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Oh, I quite sure there are super bugs on each street corner checking that the others are doing their jobs as they should.

No, I suspect bodies go into the black wheelie bin, or purple if you are in Liverpool, since they are not generally considered to be recyclable, and are most certainly not garden refuse. The flags however cannot go into the black wheelie bin since they are fabric, and should therefore go into the white bag, which should be put out with the blue recycling box.

I am also sure that there is an acceptable average number of bodies which can be disposed of per annum, and disposal in excess of this will incur a surcharge.

cariad

Warbaby1943
08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Too many freedoms are being lost in the name of stopping terrorism but maybe we can all save some money on garbage pick up if we just give it all to them and let them dispose of it.

Gee just think how many more people the government could employ if they picked up all trash and garbage. At least they would be doing something constructive for a change.

SheepishJaina
08-30-2006, 01:11 PM
this scares me a bit. we know that they're monitoring alot of our activities already. If i found something like that in my garbage can, i'd prolly freak out and go live in the woods alone. I know its happening, and there's nothing i can do to stop it, but i dont want to know specifically what. that'd just make me as paranoid as hell.

Warbaby1943
08-30-2006, 08:27 PM
this scares me a bit. we know that they're monitoring alot of our activities already. If i found something like that in my garbage can, i'd prolly freak out and go live in the woods alone. I know its happening, and there's nothing i can do to stop it, but i dont want to know specifically what. that'd just make me as paranoid as hell.
Would you take your sheep with you or leave them to fend for themselves?