PDA

View Full Version : What does service means to you?

chattel69
08-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I was asked to write an essay about what service means to me and thought it would be a good conversation to have here. This is what it means to me.

Service is something I can do for another person which will allow them relax and not worry about the task getting done. Any help or assistance I can provide to another person will allow me to provide a service which will give the recipient. A service can be anything from housework, errands, and taking care of business needs, to sexually activity.

Tojo
08-27-2006, 08:58 PM
As a friend said to me earlier, "damn, you ARE spoilt!"

She was referring to my wife mowing the lawn.

I don't have what could 'technically' be called a D/s relationship with my lovely wife, but boy do I get looked after.

My clothes are washed & put away- I have a clean towel always. I have 3 meals a day prepared, drinks anytime I want & the house is always spick & span.

To me that's service. After all these years I'd rather have her as a wife, than Ashley Renee in a maid's uniform & 3 inch collar.

*goes looking for pics of Ash in her maid uniform....*

Tojo

cariad
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
My thoughts are along the same line. It is actively putting someone else before myself, and that can take any form, a task which takes a hours to complete, or a simple phrase at the right time. It is the motivation which gives the key, rather than the act.

cariad

_ID_
08-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I read this thread, and had to think about it for a little bit before I could answer. To me service is doing something for someone that you do without concern of what you will get in return. That to me is service.

V/R
ID

her_Joe
08-28-2006, 04:32 AM
"Love means putting the needs of the other before your own."

That's service. It covers a lot more than the domestic things we think about -- my submissive's life is a service to me, and her service gives me the fulfillment I want of life.

By the way, it's a good idea for dominants to say 'thank you.' Often. Maybe some think that isn't a dominant thing to do, lol, but lots of folk need to lighten up.

hJ

maddie
08-28-2006, 04:55 AM
I think there's some sort of balance in any successful relationship. On the surface, it may not seem fair to outside observers, but if it works for that couple, it's great. For us, it's similar to Tojo, though I won't touch the lawn mower.

I take care of a lot of things around the house, which is only fair since I work, part-time, from home. I schedule contractors, doctor appointments, keep the house (relatively) clean, do the laundry, do the dishes, and try, in general, to have things running smoothly so he doesn't have to worry about things when he gets home. It sounds very June Cleaver, but it works for us. When both of us worked, we'd come home tired and not interested in dealing with dinner or chores. Sure, more money would be nice, but we're doing fine. (Or at least we would be if we could sell our old house.)

For a long time, I didn't feel comfortable with this, but we talked about it and I realized how much of a relief it was to him to not have to deal with these things. And I like having the freedom to do things like book groups and volunteer activities, in addition to pursuing a career that isn't going to have a lot of financial rewards but will make me and lots of other people (I hope) happy.

Psynymph
08-28-2006, 05:28 AM
i agree with maddie a 100%.....

i married young, when i was 18 but since i can remember i was "trained" to be domestic.

service can have alot of different meanings. we're pushing it more towards a definition under bdsm or more specifically D/s. but service exisit everywhere in the world.

every job i've ever had has been direct one on one customer serivice. my job's have always focused around providing a serivice for a paying customer. now some people do an average sort of serivce, merely completing their job, and getting their paycheck. i'm one of the few individuals in this world that takes pride in their job. i give a 200% no matter what the job is. from cleaning a person's toliet (golf resort housekeeper) to tossing fry baskets (mcdonalds) i provided the best possible service.

it's a desire to be perfect and to generally make sure the customer is happy. these people afterall, are my paycheck. alot of my jobs have been waitressing,so my money depends even more directly on the satisfaction of the customer.

this same idea exsist in D/s relationships. Instead of receiving money for your service (although that may actually be the case sometimes, hehe) you receive fullfillment of your desires and support for them. you should naturally desire to provide the best possible service for those you care about.

i have that natural inclination to do these things. i think that what makes up the essence of alot of submissives (not all mind you, but most i've met).

although i get all of really werid stares from people when they find out i'm married at my age (gasp!) but then, oh here's the kicker, i'm domesticated! (dramatic drumroll in the backround).

ok none of that probably made any sense......i've been awake since four am....i hate the darkness.....