PDA

View Full Version : Submissive/Slave Names

BDSM_Tourguide
09-18-2003, 03:55 AM
This is by no means meant to be an insult to any member here, but have any of you ever notice that dominants don't seem to be very original when it comes to naming their submissives?

I have noticed, while lurking about online, that many dominants tend to name their submissives/slaves one of the following names:

angel - how terribly original; alas, even I had an angel once. Well, technically, still do, just don't call her angel unless I want something.

kitten (or kittie or some other cat reference) - again, very original; only about 19,000 people have come up with this one. Although, again, even I had a kitten once. She passed away about three months ago from complications resulting from cancer.

little one (or littleone) - hey, at least some people thought originally enough to make it a one word name, instead of two, but still show some initiative.

sunshine (or sunny or other glowing ball of fire references) - at one point in time, the Basement at AFF had no less than four sunshines running about. It got to be a little ridiculous trying to keep up with them all. I say go the opposite way, name your submissive moon crystal; then move to a commune, smoke some weed and wear tye-dye a lot.

slut (painslut, cumslut, blah blah blah, yackity schmackity) - omg, you must be joking. Who would have ever thought to call a submissive "slut?" Probably the same kind of people that name their dogs "pooch."

girl (et. al.) - see slut

Why not try to show some originality when naming one's submissive/slave? Why not interesting shit like "evil bitch" or "asking for trouble?" In my notorious online stint, I have had an "evil," a "devil," and a "trying one." I also tend to get bored with stuff pretty quickly and like to change things fairly often to break up the monotony. Anyone that's been here long enough to see my avatars and signatures change knows this already. I also tend to rename submissives every year or so just to keep people on their toes and to make people wonder what the hell happened.

Oh right... Let's not forget the most original, or at least at the time, name I (or possibly someone I knew) came up with, to date: pookie. I still get a chuckle at that one.

I also say go for description. Name your slut "smartass" for awhile. Be sure to call her that in public. Note the looks you get from people when you beckon, "Come here, smartass!" and she walks meekly to you, head down. Perhaps "bitch" would also work in that example as well, unless you happen to be in a store with militant feminists, then you might get a combat boot up your ass and your wonderful slut might get lesbianized by the right-wing female militia.

Maybe food would be good things to name your slut. How about "milk and cookies" if you have a pair? That would especially work if they are of differing ethnicities. Maybe even "mountain dew." I do not mean to name her after a nasty, neon green soft drink, but reather the gentle dew drops that grow on the flowers and trees in the mountains. Nah. Still sounds like hippie commune shit to me. Oh! And for Pete's sake (whoever Pete is), stay away from "honey." There's another radically overused name that should have been up on my list. Oh well. Even I forget things.

Anyway, think about this the next time you pick up a new submissive or slave or the next time you decide to accept a collar. Show some imagination and originality. Name them well.

MasterTom
09-18-2003, 09:52 AM
TG: Very fine read you have there, I loved and so does my girl who I usually call 'smarty' in public. Partly because she is a damn genious and because I like the looks we get :)

There have been times when that "Smarty! Over here, NOW." has almost landed us in trouble :)

TazDaddy
09-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Master_put name hear Lord_put name hear Mitress_put name hear Knight_put name hear King of_put name hear and of cores any thing with Daddy in it hey now hold on hear....

Lord Thomas
09-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Tourguide, I think it is time someone mentioned the obvious about sub/slave names. Yes, originallity falls short, alas.

You are right though, a great deal of thought must be put into your pet's name(s). How you address them is an important thing. It should be special, for both of you. Simply calling her/him slut, et al., works fine for moments of play, and can be powerful. But for more intamancy, the name must have meaning.

My sub's name shows her adventure and journey towards knowledge and discovery. Makes it more personal. But of course, *wicked evil grin*I still call her slut like everyone else calls Thier's.

~LT~

Fox
09-19-2003, 02:38 PM
are extremely important. Strip away an individual's name and you are taking away part of her self-identity. Control over another is demonstrated by how one uses names.

The military reduces you to a nameless rank, government often to a faceless number. Power over another.

I select names for my subs according to her personality. panda, rosebud, princess, babybird ... each reflects a quality I see in the individual, a quality that attracts me and helps define her. When I address her, it is always as "My _____", denoting possession and dominance: she is Named by Me, according to My whim.

For example:
"My princess" is a mischievous submissive lady who will gloriously submit for her Knight in Shining Armour ... and who will cheerfully take a can opener to him if he fails to meet her expectations. She has a strong dominant streak, and requires much training and taming. And like a princess, she always wants more.

"My panda" on the other hand, is playful, cute, cuddly, with very sharp teeth. She likes to switch - the real-life panda is quite aggressive - and from time to time, I find my own panda is anything but a "teddybear" ...

I rarely use terms like "slut", "cunt", etc ... some of the terms used so casually today are highly offensive and insulting to my generation. If I were to refer to my wife as a slut, even in play, I would quickly be converted from a baritone to a tenor castrati.

By the way, to my subbies, I am Sire or Master. Titles, for I have no need of any name other than my own.

kittenfemme
09-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Pookie? ROFL!

I can't say much. My Mistress calls me her sweet little slut. It's not really a pet name though. She hasn't named me... yet. I'm glad she's taking her time to do it. Perhaps she'll follow your suggestion Tourguide.

woodsman'sgame
09-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Names,

Well, I guess it depends. Slut, whore, cunt are extremely offensive to me when used by anyone in real life, but when my master uses them when we are alone, it's a real turn on. I know he doesn't really believe that I am any of those things. If I thought he did, it would break my heart.

Finding_Fantasy
09-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by kittenfemme
Pookie? ROFL!

Oh if you only knew half of what "pookie" has done. I will not divulge any secrets other than to say that the little bugger really helped get me into some trouble in the past!

Oh and let's not for get about Hot Femme either!

Mobius
09-23-2003, 07:09 PM
come up with there names (jack summers misty rain etc
Maybe we should come up with a formula for slave names?

Curtis
10-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Over a decade ago I began writing a story (am still writing it -- it's a soap opera and as such never ends) in which the dominant male has a girl Friday who legally changed her name to Pooh Bear and whom he referred to as, "Pookie, my security blanket."

Same damn thing happened when I wrote a Star Trek themed story set on Planet Bob and then there was a movie a couple of years ago which ends with the hero naming a newly created planet Bob (apparently everyone else wanted to name in New Earth -- now THAT'S original!).

Subs are no more original than doms in coming up with names. I had an on-line sub who I met through the Library who called me My Sir and wanted me to call her Little Girl (in Deutsch).

masterkurt
10-25-2003, 04:41 AM
Oh, Oh .... I think I got the award for the less immaginary slave owner ... my slave got a slave name, as a consequence of being diplayed on some BDSM magazine and later on the net. So we decided not to use her real name, and we agreed upon caroline.

Only in the past years, when I used to diplay her around as a nude model in EiP pictures, she got the name Pompy ... which was quite humiliating as "pompino" (litt. small pomp) is the italian crude term for fellatio, so that the meaning of the name Pompy was obvious to anybody .... it was actually her sexual speciality and the reward fot those who offered us nice locations for interesting EiP pics.

If you want to see some EiP pic (not BDSM) of Pompy, visit www.voyeurweb.com where we still contribute from time to time.

Here a BDSM pompino

kittenfemme
10-25-2003, 06:35 AM
pompino! *giggles* I love it! Thank you for explaining it to those of us who aren't familiar with the Italian language. I speak French but, while there are similarities between the romance languages, I had no idea what it meant. Fantastic photo as well masterkurt.

*put on my devil's advocate tail and forked tongue*

With all respect to those who have posted here, I offer that cliches become such for a reason... that repetition has its place. Sure, originality is wonderful. I love new experiences as much as the next chica, but that can't always happen. Many times I don't wish it to happen. Hackneyed or not, as a submissive, I can say that being called "slut" or some other common degradation is very appealing to me no matter how often I hear it. The terms mean something to me that I identify with and have become part of me.

Perhaps this has to do with my desire to be common, yet uncommon. I prefer utilitarian tasks as a submissive, something that has purpose... that fulfills a need. I don't always want to be the center of attention. I don't always wish to be the sex toy. I dearly love to be of use, to cook, clean, and yet still adhere to my Dominant's rules. So write off my love of D/s cliches as part of all that if you wish, but few things make me feel as loved, used, or proud as when my Mistress calls me her "sweet, little slut."

*much purring*

woodsman'sgame
10-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Since we don't practice Ds all the time, Woodsman came up with a
code for me to let me know in one word what he expects of me.
There are three names he uses, my real life name for our public relationship and when he wants an equal partner. When we can go into the Ds relationship, he uses the names of two of my characters in my stories. One is a complete submissive and acts accordingly. Another is a bought slave, so she obeys reluctantly, most of the time. He usually uses the slave name when he knows I'm not really up to being submissive. That way I can sass. Of course, I pay the consequences.

I know it's a game, and some here may not approve. But when one cannot or chooses no to really live the life, it works.

Faibhar
10-25-2003, 07:10 AM
Kittenfemme's post is certainly thought provoking.
Cliches become common for a reason

Elementary education frequently taught that it was much better to come up with something original to say, rather than just repeat a hackneyed slang expression. Maybe this was just a way of the faculty to curb student cursing, but who knows. The point being that use of "truly original" expressions nowadays more often than not is met with blank stares, the receiving party either getting awfuly bored or urging one to just be more direct.

Cliches do tend to help with communication.

Meritrix Augusta
Juvenal wrote the above in one of his satires. Roughly it translates into An Emperess amongst harlots.

Saying something like what Juvie wrote is just one example of how avoiding cliches can work only as an antidote to insommia.

Curtis
10-25-2003, 05:37 PM
On reading back through this thread, I see that my previous posting was unfair to my ex-sub.

She had a fantasy that she wanted to play out over a long period of time, she (and I ) were new to on-line scening, and you have to call your partner SOMETHING. If humiliation is part of your scene (and it was a big part of hers), then use of "pet" names (double entendre intentional) can be a scene setter, to put you in the mood or in the mindset. And if it helped her mindset to call me "My Sir", I have no business knocking it.

I suppose you could think of cliches as magical formulae -- they get repeated because they bring results. They MIGHT be the lazy man's way out, but they also form a common ground of experience. Sort of a reassurance that we're all on the same page.

Hmm. This thread has turned out to be quite thought-provoking.

BDSM_Tourguide
10-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Curtis
Hmm. This thread has turned out to be quite thought-provoking.

Thanks, Curtis. That's what I try to do.

I kinda like it when people say something I did made them think.

I guess that's what bugs me so much about the "penis" threads, et al. I feel like this forum should be for intelligent discussion and the exchange of ideas, not a place to have juvenile, mind-numbing and thoughtless content such as that.

Jones, Nikka
10-25-2003, 11:07 PM
My boyfriend (he says it sounds so pretentious to call him master), has a not so original -when out of context- for me. He calls me Lady. Lady Nikka. If we were a vanilla couple it would be cliche but in the middle of a BDSM session it is just hot. I mean who would adress someone who is being flogged while chained to the bed frame, stuffed with a vibrating buttplug and with clamps on her nipples, Lady? For me it is not even humiliating it is just wild. Then again anything and everything he does to me makes me crazy.

Shellyfemme
11-13-2003, 12:53 AM
When my Mistress has me under contract she calls me pet. :) Simple yes, but every time i hear it; it makes me melt.

issyrj
11-17-2003, 11:56 AM
I have to be able to have my slave at my command when in private and in public so to circumvent social stigma of calling your slave a slave, I call mine 'beauty'. I also use her other name, but she knows that when I call her 'beauty' I am being more than her husband, I am her Master.

MasterofBeloved
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Take a look at my username and guess what my girlfriend/life partner/sub (I love being PC, not) is named...

Right on, good one.

I came up with Beloved after alot of thought and after it had been brought to my attention that I hadn't come up with a name for her. We had been using the aforementioned "Angel" but that was her name as in, "I'm your Angel, Master" that she had come up with. Being that I was very new (and still am but learning all the time) I hadn't considered the "name" thing. So after alot of trying to figure out something fitting and not having much luck, I changed my tact. I asked myself, "What is she to me"?, answer is that she is Beloved or beloved if you prefer.

Whatever name you choose, I think at least, it should mean something to the giver and reflect the bearer of the name.

His_sweet_song
12-29-2003, 11:47 AM
smiles......Sir calls me Bitch when in private......but by my given name when amongst friends who are not aware of the nature of our relationship.....

lol would respond to any name He chose to call me...even when it is wench.....lol normally as a joke when amongst afformentioned friends

Jane SC
12-30-2003, 01:15 AM
Hi,

This is an interesting tread as it deals with a subject that I (very quietly!) disagree with my owner about. Maybe I had better explain.

When we first met, my owner used to call me Sam which most people who hadn't met me before took to be a short version of Samantha while my old (vanilla) friends thought it was an innocent pet name. In fact it stood for 'Smart Assed Masochist' which just about summed me up before I learnt that it was NOT clever nor a good idea to try to out-clever my owner. But whenever he called me Sam, with a tiny sneer in his voice, I was reminded just why I had earned that nickname.

Then, after we had been together for about 18 months, he suddenly announced that I wouldn't be known as Sam any longer, as my behaviour had reached a largely acceptable level. So, from then on, he only called me Jane which is my real Christian name.

I was genuinely sad that he no longer called me Sam but, as he owns me, he has ever right to call me what he choses and, although I have told him of my feelings, I have been solely Jane for nearly two years now. Of course what my owner is doing is to reinforce his dominance over me by deciding what I am called, and allowing me no say in that decision.

So, for me, what I am called is yet another tool in the amoury of his control over me. I have to accept whatever name he choses for me, just as I accept his control over me.................

Love, Jane.

Jones, Nikka
12-30-2003, 08:08 AM
I was at one time also called Sam but I was too intimidated by that particular Dom to even ask why he called me that.
I was just starting to explore my submissive/masochistic nature and I was so eager to please that I would have answered to any name he may have used to called me.
Thanks, JaneSC! Not a single day goes by without me learning something from this forum.

Finding_Fantasy
12-30-2003, 10:49 AM
*chuckles*@Nikka, Jones

Yup that's what it means. I remember at one time when I was new both myself and our other submissive were called the sammy twins. We were even going to get sammy #1 and sammy #2 tattooed on our butt cheeks along with a matching bullseye. LOL I am not that bad anymore.

BruceBoxer
12-30-2003, 04:23 PM
I like naming my subbies with diminutive variations of their birth names. Just a way of keeping them absolutely human and let them know they're dear to me. As some here know, while I thoroughly enjoy applying whips, contorting bodies painfully, and working anatomical parts hard, I really love these girls. Currently, my three ladies are TZ, Leen and Booboo. The latter is a yoga instructor who calls me Yogi, thus, she's Booboo (truth is I'm NOT yoga proficient while that lass is SOOO limber). My wife keeps her real name. I just like it that way and it seems so do they.

Finding_Fantasy
12-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Hahahaha!!! TG calls me boo boo too. Though he also calls me wench, slut, bitch, whore, and my favorite...fartknocker!!!! LOL But in all seriousness, he really doesn't have any names for me. The only time I use a psuedonym is online for obvious reasons.

BruceBoxer
12-30-2003, 07:45 PM
I LOVE fartknocker! Where the hell did THAT come from?

Originally posted by Finding_Fantasy
Hahahaha!!! TG calls me boo boo too. Though he also calls me wench, slut, bitch, whore, and my favorite...fartknocker!!!! LOL But in all seriousness, he really doesn't have any names for me. The only time I use a psuedonym is online for obvious reasons.

Finding_Fantasy
12-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. He just started calling me that one day. lol

blackshadowmast
12-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Well I personally like “Hot Sexy Momma”, not original but hay it gets the point across.

kittenfemme
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Tourguide has been watching way too many Bevis and Butthead re-runs!

*giggle* Fartknocker... that's too funny.

Tiny45
12-30-2003, 08:37 PM
You really cannot go wrong with simply "pet".

During playtime, every vile, degrading phrase I can think of comes out. But then again, I probably lack maturity :P

Pet is a nice generic term of endearment which happens to have some D/s signifigance.

Lets see, I'll shit out a nice little acronym for it:

Painfully Extended Tenure? no, needs context
Pet Eats Tar? hrm, definately no.
People Earn This? actually, I like that a lot, being that it is a name and all. Would work well for a sub who enjoyed humiliation... "PEOPLE have names, dear pet. Maybe one day a little *insert derogatory term* like you can have one too!" mmm
Pussy Endures Training? Hrm, sounds forced and vulgar, but I do like it.
Pet Enduring Training... we have a winner! if anyone ever askes me what 'pet' means, after I beat them in the head with an obvious stick, this is the acronym I will give.... yes.

For me, its just a nice way to affirm position in the relationship.

Also, i've come to find out that the southern 'darlin' has possessive connotations to some people. I'm southern, I call the teller at the super market darling.... *shrug*

BDSM_Tourguide
12-30-2003, 10:12 PM
My dad used to call me that when I was like three or four years old and it kind of just stuck. So, I am passing on the family tradition to my wife and, soon enough, my daughter.

Besides, it's kind of funny to call her that in front of her parents. Her dad especially gets a kick out of it.

jazz
12-31-2003, 03:18 AM
OMG TG... Fartknocker!

i haven't heard that since i was a kid....You grow up in southern United States or was your Dad from Southern states? I did, and i thought that was term only used there...i have never heard it anywhere else.

BDSM_Tourguide
12-31-2003, 03:33 AM
Born in Louisiana and lived most of my life in Louisiana and Texas. Not obvious or anything. LOL

Cleo671
01-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Being bilingual can be a good thing when it comes down to 'names'. While English terms such as 'whore', 'slut' and 'cunt' do have an impact ;) at the same time other words that I know in my own language go the extra mile, and these words pretty much mean the same thing as the above words, but the pronunciation and emphasis (in the way they are said) can make them very erotic indeed.

Example being in my language, a word (it might come across as 'weird' here), 'gamias' which means the 'person that penetrates the other person' in masculine.. so when the person with you is in the act of penetrating you (if your a woman or man say..) when they say 'who is your .?. ' in the language while they are 'engaged', it would directly translate to 'who is your 'fucker' ' but it's much more and becomes 'lost' in the translation.

And I have an itty bitty problem with this, because I find that in my language I will get 'turned' on or mentally aroused much quicker (or find it more stimulating) whereas in English, there is the limitation to 'whore' , 'slut', 'bitch'.. etc.

something I'm working on constantly..

Finding_Fantasy
01-01-2004, 01:23 AM
I have always had a facination with other languages (sadly I know only English and sometimes I even have troubles with that!! lol) but I have always been intigued by Ancient Egypt. At one time I went by a hadle called netchit ma Ra. I can't rememeber exactly what it meant for it was several eyars ago but netchit did have to do with slavery/ owner ship.

Cleo671
01-01-2004, 01:43 AM
Ra, is the only thing I remember back from doing Ancient history in high school, denoting the 'sun' or sun god.

this link might help, but there are so many hieroglyphs!

http://www.fnspo.cz/mmm/egypt/hiero/7.htm (Egyptologica)

Finding_Fantasy
01-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanls, Cleo. Actually the place I got the name from was a book filled with hyroglyphics with the translation below. Ma I believe means with. Ra I knew about. I actually have the eye of Ra tattooed on my wrist. :)

Unfortunately when I tried the link, it did not work.

Cleo671
01-02-2004, 01:53 AM
http://www.fnspo.cz/mmm/egypt/hiero/1.htm

sorry about that, this one I found still on my pc history, but I had to type it all in for it to come up.

Hopefully it works.

Finding_Fantasy
01-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah that one works. Thanks Cleo. I will have to take a look at it when I have a little more time. :)

TG and I were talking about it the other nigth and He says he believes it means something like servant/slave belonging with Master(Ra)

pussy_cat
08-28-2004, 10:29 PM
My Master calls me "soldier" or "commie" (great for "interrogations"). He likes it when i wear camo and combat boots. He also uses sweetheart and pussy. i'm glad i have a Master that accepts my militant side.

i guess the best way to come up with an original name is to celebrate your sub's uniqueness rather than trying to mold them into a cliche. Still, sometimes its hard to come up with something completely original.

Learn Humility
08-29-2004, 03:49 AM
I chose a name for mine which embodied her foremost characteristic:

cock lover victoria

jaeangel
08-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Oh right... Let's not forget the most original, or at least at the time, name I (or possibly someone I knew) came up with, to date: pookie. I still get a chuckle at that one.
Believe it or not, my Hubby calls me that! when he's feeling randy and wants me in bed, he'll call me 'Pookie'. And then I turn around and call him 'Babykins'. I just have to remember not to call him that around any other male, or his ego will get bruised.

jaeangel
08-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Take a look at my username and guess what my girlfriend/life partner/sub (I love being PC, not) is named...

Right on, good one.

I came up with Beloved after alot of thought and after it had been brought to my attention that I hadn't come up with a name for her. We had been using the aforementioned "Angel" but that was her name as in, "I'm your Angel, Master" that she had come up with. Being that I was very new (and still am but learning all the time) I hadn't considered the "name" thing. So after alot of trying to figure out something fitting and not having much luck, I changed my tact. I asked myself, "What is she to me"?, answer is that she is Beloved or beloved if you prefer.

Whatever name you choose, I think at least, it should mean something to the giver and reflect the bearer of the name.

The Latin word for 'Beloved' is 'Amanda', which happens to be my r/l name (that does not give anyone the right to use it in public forums, however, please refrain from doing so.)
When I write a BDSm story (not that I've written many; most of them were written in my head and stay in my head) I tend to try and use exotic names. Any astronomer might recognize some of these:
Albali or just Bali: 'The Swallower'
Andromeda: 'the princess'
Adhara: 'the virgins'
Cassiopeia: 'the Queen'
Agena/Gena: 'the knee'
Mira: 'miracle' or 'the wonderful'
Columba/Colombe: 'the dove'
Gemma: 'the gem'
Arrakis/Arra: 'the dancer'
Cursa: 'footstool'
Lyra: 'harp'
Sorry. Just disconncted ramblings. But if you want a name for your sub, maybe try finding out what their own name means, and use that, or try a variation of that. It connects them to you, and yet still allows then to be themselves, in a way most people wouldn't recognize outside of the relationship.

duktig flicka
08-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Sweden never had any concept of sex or sexuality being bad, so there's no "bad words" associated with sexuality, such as fuck, whore, slut etc. The worst swear word in Swedish is "jävlar," meaning "devils.". Sweden has very, very recently acquired "hora" taken directly from the English word "whore," but that's as far as it goes and it's very rarely used.

That's why we always play in English. "Kneel at my feet, you little devil," for some reason, just doesn't turn me on. Imagine that.

kittenfemme
08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
*giggle* Oh, I don't know. I think being called my Mistress' little devil could be fun. It has a sort of cute, sassy, sexy appeal.

And I love your avatar duktig flicka! Too funny.

duktig flicka
08-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Maybe once in a while, but when that's the worst name you've got, it will get a bit old. And thankies!

punksub
10-04-2004, 01:18 AM
I have noticed, while lurking about online, that many dominants tend to name their submissives/slaves one of the following names:

From a subs point of view, I think that there are often repeated names (this referring to vulgar, or demeaning names, not pet names) because there are not very many names to be degrading, and if the dom/domme and/or sub enjoy to call or be called degrading or humiliating names then the word bank is not very large. I do think however that pet names have a much wider variety. Angel is used quite often but for all the repetive one i think there is about an equal number of unique ones. My mistress, has quite a few names for me. The degrading one is slut which is used a lot. But her pet names for me are shmoopy or pookie. i dont know for sure...but i do not think those pet names are extremely common.

kittenfemme
10-04-2004, 07:47 AM
shmoopy! LOL! That's far too cute. I hear pookie often enough, especially from Dominants who are puppy training their submissives, but not shmoopy. I love it.

Mobius
10-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Maybe we can expand this thread by discusing vanila names that sound submissive.

Like:

Tina
Tifiny
Brook
Shelly
Sherry
Sally
and of course
Holly

What would a Dom fem name be?

Curtis
10-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Natasha, Alexandra, Catherine (Katrina would be more sub). Hell, maybe even Magda. Generally speaking, polysyllabic names sound "stronger" in a woman and so do Slavic names.

Sunshine
11-06-2004, 04:59 PM
OK, well my name here has been rubished in the first instance - Sunshine. To be absolutely honest the name comes the from Morcambe ane Wise song which is very British.

coy
11-06-2004, 05:05 PM
a new way to look at people when you hear their names.... this has certainly made me think over names and compare to personalities.... oddly enough they kind of follow each other... at least with the folks I know.

My name is Cecilia... I prefer cc .... NEVER thought about that any further until this evening. weird.

Chuckdom19
11-07-2004, 07:57 PM
(snip)
But her pet names for me are shmoopy or pookie. i dont know for sure...but i do not think those pet names are extremely common.

Pookie is the name of Garfield's teddy bear (in the newspaper comics).
There's a cat in the comic strip "Mutts" who occasionally changes words by adding 'shm' to the beginnings of them.

jaeangel
11-08-2004, 11:12 AM
My hubby calls me Pookie, and he loves cuddling. I guess I should change my avatar to Garfield's teddy bear!

I call him 'Babykins'. His 'second head' is Mr. Happy.
Does anyone have pet names for certain body parts?

BDSM_Tourguide
11-08-2004, 01:25 PM

That's a different thread, sweetie. If you really want to know, then you need to start another thread for that question.

Chuckdom19
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
My hubby calls me Pookie, and he loves cuddling. I guess I should change my avatar to Garfield's teddy bear!

I call him 'Babykins'. His 'second head' is Mr. Happy.

Most often, when talking about others' poor behavior, we talk about thinking with the wrong head.

My youngest (22) somehow has named her fanny "Abe". God alone knows why.

Kelli
11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
I've recently taken on a new sub, and my creative juices just aren't flowing today (others are in abundance ;) Right now her name is pet, any other ideas?

Chuckdom19
11-08-2004, 06:12 PM
I've recently taken on a new sub, and my creative juices just aren't flowing today (others are in abundance ;) Right now her name is pet, any other ideas?

How about "precious"?

BDSM_Tourguide
11-08-2004, 07:02 PM

Be creative... or vulgar. Whichever works for you. :)

I always recommend names like "juicy cunt" and "blonde bitch" (if her hair color is blonde, but any descriptive, not commonly used nomer would probably work well.

myri_SN
11-09-2004, 12:15 PM
i had tons of online names, master took over mimmi as i had that on the profile he found me then decided that he doesnt like mimmi so shortened my real name so i am myri now. sometimes he called me 'me little pain chicken' or ' stiff nipples' :o or anything else he gets in his mind, now it's more anything with pierced....

Tang
11-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Having written quite a lot of fiction in which a climatic point is when the person being enslaved has their full name stripped from them and they are forced to accept their slave name, what I usually call their 'collar name', I have followed this discussion with interest. In terms of fiction, it is easiest to have all the slaves featured with different names, though they may be addressed as 'slut', 'pet', 'cunt', 'slave', etc. In some ways this is a reference back to Roman times, as a citizen would have three names but a slave only one and I find this change for someone from e.g. 'Sarah Jane Smith' to simply 'Lyra' very arousing.

I am always on the look out for suitable slave names, and ones with sibilants in, always appeal to me, like Syntessa, Larissa, Syra, Fush, Lyssa etc., so do 'l's especially if pronounced in a full-tongued Britney Spears pronunciation, e.g. 'Limara', 'Layla', Jilail. 'y's always seem more exotic, so I have used 'Tyta, 'Jyla', 'Cypha'. Names ending in 'a' also seem to have that feel, again because Latin names ending in an 'a' are feminine, and the word for a female slave was 'ancilla', so I have used Cella, Dalia. For chracters like ponygirls, like many writers, I have used pet sounding names, with 'Arabella' and 'Chantelle' and 'Troy' for a ponyboy.

I agree with Mobius's list of sub-sounding vanilla names and will raid that in future, I trust that is alright? Though Holly always sounds too harsh for a slave name, and I cannot shake the image of Holly Martin (a man) in 'The Third Man' movie, though Harry Lime from the same film (and the book) is a good Master name. There are also bimboesque names, notably 'Kelly' and 'Sharon/Shaz'. Names that in North America are seen as ordinary like Sharon and Tracy, have a real bimbo association in the UK.

For Dom/me names, I agree about the Slavic, multi-syllable names being appropriate. Also medieval sounding names, like 'Eleanor', 'Millicent', 'Illaria' (an Italian name), 'Syltera' have the sort of weight, but often Masters and Mistresses are simply known by their surnames, Harrison, Nash (partly influenced by the blond male assassin in 'From Russia with Love') and Edison are three I have used. I have used 'Cazine' on a number of occasions. 'Petra' sounds like a Mistress's name, but I have used 'Petrina' for a slave name because of 'pet' in it.

I think there is an importance in the way the names are to be said. A Dom/me's name should be able to be spat out like a command, and a sub's name should be able to be said in a seductive way, sapping their will and leading them deeper into their slavery and recognition that this is their new true identity. Just my tastes.