PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Photo/Art Contest

Silke
09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey y'all and welcome to the spanking new Picture Contest! :D

Looking through the picture threads, it seems there's a lot of creative potential on this site...and I'm sure we'd all want to see more of this coming out into the open. Now here's the opportunity for all you photographers, painters, illustrators, cartoonists and everybody else I've missed...to show us your work.

Each contest will run for a month and everybody on the forums will get the chance to vote for his or her favourite picture in a poll at the end of the month.

There'll be a monthly theme for the pictures that will be posted in this forum at the start of the contest. Themes will alternate between BDSM related topics and non-BDSM themes.

The style of pictures is up to you...any original picture will do - be it photographic, illustrated, drawings, cartoons, paintings, whatever - anything goes as long as it's your original work.

All pictures must be within forum rules, i. e. no pictures of minors (all people in photos have to be over 18 years of age and remember to ask for permission from your 'model' if you want to post pictures of others!!!) and no pictures of beastiality (while writing about this is legal in the US, pictures aren't!!).

There will only be one entry allowed per person and contest and each entry will be posted in a new thread within this forum. If you have problems uploading your picture, let me know and I'll lend a helping hand. :)

A final rule that I hope is not necessary - everybody, please keep your comments positive, no beating down people and their work! If I see any flaming, you'll have my darker side to deal with...and I assure you that you won't like it.

Sooooo, are we all set? :D

The first topic wil be...*drum roll*...bondage!

Let your creativity run wild on this one and show us your best shot! I'll be looking forward to your contributions and wish every contestant good luck. :)

_ID_
09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
How long do we have to submit once the subject is given, before the subject is closed for submisssions?

Silke
09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
The contest is open from today, September 1st, and runs until October 1st. :)

Sir_G
09-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Way cooooooooool. Now all I need is a model and some rope.

_ID_
09-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Ive already got the photo, just need to clear it through the model.

V/R
ID

Silke
09-02-2006, 04:09 AM

Get creative, Gregsta...it doesn't have to be the classic bondage pic but anything related to the topic that does it for you...;)

I'll be looking forward to your entry, IDCrewDawg...:D

likeafox
09-11-2006, 04:50 AM
Just asking, you said no bestiality, but does that include furrys witch are humans with animal appendages or more.:ra

Silke
09-11-2006, 06:43 AM
All it means is we won't allow photos of sex with animals...you can show off your human ponies or pets any time. ;)

cariad
09-11-2006, 07:00 AM
So a picture of a white rabbit with his ears tied back in pink bow would have been acceptable? Now why did I not think of that before I posted my entry?

cariad

cariad
09-11-2006, 10:30 AM

Well, I could find rope, but no willing human model, hence my non-classic bondage photo.....so no excuses!

cariad

Silke
09-11-2006, 11:19 AM
So a picture of a white rabbit with his ears tied back in pink bow would have been acceptable? Now why did I not think of that before I posted my entry?

*giggles* I'm sure Rabbit would like that one...:p

And yeah, everyone - get creative! If you don't have a model to do your magic on...it's a broad topic! :)

SheepishJaina
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
a broad topic ye say....

ok SB.. ye win this round!

Phantome
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Excellent idea, Silke! I love photography, and I can't wait to see everyone's entries! I think this will be a really fun addition to the forum. Any idea what the next theme will be?
-Phantome

Silke
09-15-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm glad you like it...and may I say, a beautiful entry from you, hon. :)

Nope, haven't thought about the next theme...if anyone has suggestions, please PM them to me. ;)

Phantome
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks! Anyway, I have an idea- the first contest was bondage, right? What if you did BDSM as the next few themes? Bondage was first, then domination (or discipline), then sadism (or slave), then masochism (or master). Either that, or you could do body parts; feet, lips, eyes, boobs, etc. Anyway, just tossing out ideas!
-Phantome

BTW, thanks for fixing my name in my post!

Silke
09-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Nice idea, Phantome...I'll keep it in mind. :) It's always good to have a few suggestions to draw from...keep 'em coming. *grins*

Silke
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
'k, everybody...it's almost time.

I'll put up the poll for you all to vote for your favourite contest entry on Sunday. So, if anyone has a picture still up his or her sleeve and wants to enter - please hurry up and post it before Sunday. :)

Silke

SheepishJaina
09-29-2006, 03:54 PM
/me giggles and starts making bribe lists on Rocky's behalf

shysub
09-30-2006, 02:42 PM
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.

Silke
10-01-2006, 01:59 PM
September's Contest is now closed. Thank you for everyone who put their interpretation of the theme out there - good luck to you all. :)

Everyone - please don't be shy and vote for your favourite entry!

Also, October's theme is posted, so check out whether this might tickle your zoom lense...*grins*

A very excited
Silke :)

cariad
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Sheepish has kindly agreed to step into Silke's rather impressive shoes and take over the running of this competition.

Thank Sheepish!

cariad

dzire2pleeze
10-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Way to go sheepish... hope this won't interfere with Rocky's lawn mowing task.