PDA

View Full Version : Racial change

Denm
05-20-2002, 09:52 PM
I think there should be more stories that involve racial change - whites forced to become (or wanting to become) blacks or Asians and assume their positions in society. There are hardly any stories I am aware of that involve such a scenario (there are quite a few TG stories that have this theme, but not female-to-female ones). There is a good story called Model Maid that explores such themes, but I would like to see more.
- for inheritance reasons (or to avoid the police, maifa etc.) a rich lady changes (or is forced to change) her racial appearance and is forced to live a new life
- lady switches bodies with her uneducated black maid
- white woman accidently kills a black teenager and is forced to replace her by her voodoist grandma
any other similar ideas?
can you recommend any good stories?

g42
05-23-2002, 07:01 PM
I personally don't like racism in stories.

I hate the fact that virtually everytime there is something other than white people in a story, the large-cocked black man is always either a poor man or a rich criminal who talks in stereotypical ebonics. He enoys fucking his "white bitch" thoroughly, and she hates it all the more because she always believed "coloured" folks were below her. Blah blah blah. Or else there's a rich asian man who's into buying white slave girls. Diddo for rich and power leaders of arab states who like to fill their "ahrems" with pretty young women. It just goes on like that.

One of the story codes I avoid most avidly is the code "interracial," because it almost always means that a white woman is kidnapped or blackmailed or something into the arms of a big strong black man with a foot-long where his penis should be and the whld story focuses around the racial relationship between the two.

I do think that these ideas should be explored. However, I don't think many of you are about to argue that litpon is the intellecual medium of choice for such discussions.

While I'm not trying to get these stories removed from the site, and would never advocate that sort of thing, I would ask that anyone interested in discussing this either start a discussion elsewhere or continue this one, because I'd be interested.

Denm
05-24-2002, 02:52 AM
I was thinking more in terms of physical change (operation, magic etc) that leads to social/cultural change. I can't think of many strories that deal with this issue.

g42
05-24-2002, 01:07 PM
It is racism, though, that's the thing.

The defenition of racism that I've always used is: "discrimination with racial or ethnic basis.'" The stories you want are based in race relationships and stereotypes that are attached to people of various coloured skin.

Not again tha I'm not trying to take away your right to fantasize about whatever you want, I'm jsut saying what I tihnk and hoping someone will agree or disagree with me and discuss.

Denm
05-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Where do you see desrimination? There are certain ethnic and racial stereotypes that are widely used by the media and I don't think that exploring them is racist - that is, if you avoid insulting generalizations. I hope you will agree with me that changes in race may lead to changes in social status (and if the story takes place in the not-so-distant past, they must lead to them). Or do think that a racist is someone who uses racial relations as a driving force of a story?

pixierip
05-25-2002, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure why one would be squeamish about such niceties on a bdsm site that is already rife with ageism, sexism, elitism and probably many other 'isms I can't recall at the moment. :confused:

pixierip
05-25-2002, 11:08 AM
"- for inheritance reasons (or to avoid the police, maifa etc.) a rich lady changes (or is forced to change) her racial appearance and is forced to live a new life.............."

This idea of physical change into someone of a different age, race or sex was explored in several children's books I use to read to my younguns.

Denm
05-26-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by pixierip

This idea of physical change into someone of a different age, race or sex was explored in several children's books I use to read to my younguns.

yes, the theme is relatively widespread. It is just that I can't find many stories of this type on the web. There are plenty of strories that deal with sex change, some that deal with age, but barely any that deal with race.

serpentiness
06-26-2002, 06:42 PM
You may be interested to know that around the turn of the centery (1900), when X-Rays were new and the Klan was on the rampage that some doctors tried to turn blacks white by bleaching them with X-Rays. Of corse this didn't work out as the ruslting radiation poisoning lead to a painfull and gruesome death. Please note that the doctors were well meaning and had the goal of giving these people a better life, but were not able to anticipate the effects of the radiation. Perhaps, useful as a be-yourslef precautionary tail. Don't know where the sex goes, though.

Cheers,
serpentiness

PS: As to the mention earlier in the thead of Ebonics, I'm writing a shorty that has some. Here's a snipit (of what will likely be the only use of ebonics in the story): Comments?

At about eight o'clock, the three girls hopped off a bus in the seedy Englewood district, and were immediately greeted by the foul stench of a city in heat. With the temperature still at 32° C, and humidity north of 80% the girls were glad to be wearing their rather immodest attire. As the girls waited for their transfer, Debora remarked, “Englewood sure has fallen downhill fast.” “What neighborhood isn't going down the toilet,” Tamica asked rhetorically. Their conversation was suddenly cut short as a tall dark and handsome mid-twenties male swaggered up, inquiring, “Hey home girls, what'z goin' on?” Debora's inward groan at the outbreak of ebonics, was muted by his dazzling smile and she responded almost in unison with the other two, “We goin' to the cluub.” Mary flashed her own dazzling smile and added, “You comin' with?” With a feint sign of disappointment, he replied, “Nah, that'z a'right. I got some serious digi-groves goin' on back in the apartment. How 'bout you girls come back and party with me? How much you want?” Mary's laughing reply was, “You think we hoe's... shit that'z a'right, I'll take yo money though.” His response was, a nod, a point, a wink, a click of the tung, and a “Bingo baby.” Seconds latter the the corner was bathed in pulsating blue light.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Note on context: the girls are black, and their future tormentor is white. But he is the kind of guy that likes torment anybody he can get his hands on, and doesn't make an issue of race, color, age, or even gendar.

Tang
10-25-2004, 03:51 AM
Yes, I have writtens some racial change stories, mainly in fantasy settings where a particular skin color is admired and the change is from white to black, or from light skinned to far darker skinned, as this reflects my own tastes. I also did a story in which a white woman becomes Chinese, because I had seen two women in a cinema and liked the idea of one stepping into the other's shoes, especially as the Chinese woman was dressed head to toe in shiny PVC clothes and the white woman was in a dull blouse and long skirt. If they had been dressed the other way round, the change would probably have been that way round, the change and the clothes were what excited me.

I always find excitement in change and transformation, though I do not like sex change, I know some people do and many of my stories have a sexual orientation change. I think it is radical to change someone's ethnic appearance, especially if this is something that is such an anathema to them. The racism comes in if you think Black people are naturally more sexually active or that Asians are naturally more subservient, and it says a lot about your own attitudes. However, admiring a particular appearance and skin tone is not wrong, and change can be exciting. When I lost all my hair, I wished I was black as black men look much cooler when bald, but I had no sense my sexual appetite or tastes would change. I think white people find it difficult to imagine themselves as any other race, but there have been many people of different ethnic backgrounds who wish they were treated equally and so welcome such a change, a close friend of mine has expressed such desires, so I think white to other ethnic groups has a stronger 'taboo', hence excitement than other changes.

Eraser
10-25-2004, 06:15 AM
My own comments take um or leave um:

Denm: I could see this to a degree, but whenever I think of racial modification its always been in a comidec sense (white chicks, Soul Man), second as a writer, I tend to have difficulty writing what I can't envision. I've dated more then my share of white girls, and honestly I couldn't make any of them pass as asain or black. To add to that I have an asain and a Northern Euro White fetish (irish, viking etc) when it comes to ethnic. If the focus of the story was to be on the racial aspect then there would have to be a draw to that ethnicity and anyone that is paticularlly attracted to one has specific reasons and another race really can't pass for it when it comes to that. Second of all, its been scientificly examined that people of one race have difficult identifing people of different races. "All asians look alike, all blacks look alike, all you white folks look alike" I've heard from each side to each color. Its just extremely challanging to write as well as a rather uncommon fetish.

Other: As far as all the "racist" stero types. When you write you paint a pictures and its a challange to do. It's much easyer to paint a picture using a stero type and ahereing to that sterotype to maintain a character. Its not racist its a character. There sterotypes for a reason they happen alot. I don't see anyone whining about all the story's about the rich white preppy spoiled rich girls. OR all the naught catholic scoolgirls or the stupid souther white hick or hillybilly. Next thing where gonna hear is people wanting a story banned cause it uses the word nigger. Sterotype's are used to simply and add a common understandable vision to the character. Is every Black person a pimp gansta, hell no. Is ever Black person a drug dealer? no. Is every mexican in california a wet back? no. If you want to see a character in another role other then a stero type write it.

Mobius
10-25-2004, 09:49 AM
sorry I realy do not like racial storys at all. It is demeaning to both partys.
For the minoritys it makes them sound steritipical getto trash. Now if there was a story that had an african american that acted normal. As he dominated a haughy white girl then so be it. But it should not be the point of the story.

Every time I read one of those storys Im thinking of Supper Fly with The Eldorado and the big hat with the feather. Saying yo mama.

Makes me puke.

Those storys pay poor justice to African Americans.

Eraser
10-25-2004, 11:06 AM
almost every character I use in any story is based at on someone or a part of someone I know or have met or have seen on TV as a character. I don't use all of one persons looks/gender/personality in one character unless its written as a request for someone which is most of what I write is.