PDA

View Full Version : cariad's entry - Sept '06

cariad
09-11-2006, 05:48 AM
A slightly different interpretation on the theme, and one I had fun creating.

I have entitled it 'strengths' for reasons which I hope are obvious.

cariad

Talia
09-11-2006, 07:32 AM
oh very nice Cariad....I can see why you picked the title for your pic

MasterRob{cali}
09-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Smiles, oh very nice, its a strong wire you weve

likeafox
09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Wow that is beautiful! Umm I don’t even know if I should enter now. Really great pic.:cool: I think ill still enter though.

Warbaby1943
09-11-2006, 08:48 AM
I again see why you were voted most interesting. Nice.

ColinClout(c)
09-11-2006, 09:23 AM
beams with pride

Yours smugly,

'CC'

suchaminx
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
cariad

I love it, so delicate yet so strong

~hugs~ minx x

Ozme52
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Beauty flourishes in it's submission.

Aesop
09-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Very nice cariad. :)

Dundee
09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Very, very tasteful doll. Good take on the theme.
DM
x

Silke
09-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh wow, what a beautiful shot...and a great interpretation of the topic! Good luck, Cariad. :)

dzire2pleeze
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
cariad...my friend...this photo speaks volumes and is quite "poetic" in nature. reminds me of two people i know. ~winks~

beautiful work.

ssissyboy
09-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Ms Cariad,
Let me first say, what an amazing photo. Perhaps in our online pursuits we become too fixated on the erotic. (Please don't get me wrong...not a bad thing). But what I see in this work, is something that transends that and takes the meaning and perhaps lifestyle to another level all together. I see beauty and strength, dominance without submission. Overall I see triumph, the victory of the spirit. Fantastic work, I'm glad you raised the bar and I will endeavor to meet that raise.
Awesome.
Love Sissy

cariad
09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
A big thank you to everyone for their encouragment, and Sissy, I think that is joy of a exercise like this, we keep raising the bar for each other and I am still intriuged by your entry. As an erotic photo it is clear enough, but combining it with a twist on the compositional technique of thirds was inspirational.

cariad

Asia
09-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Now, cariad - that is truly erotic - so many thoughts conjured up by a seemingly innocent image. Beautiful.
~kiss~
Asia
xxx

samzum
09-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Awsome!!!!! sexy and SO VERY Intelligent :-)

mina
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Very creative! I love it.

cariad
09-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Wow that is beautiful! Umm I don’t even know if I should enter now. Really great pic.:cool: I think ill still enter though.

Still eagerly waiting!

cariad

StillBehindBlueEyes
09-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Love it, I think I just found a new Wallpaper for my computer. "Where'd you get the pic? Oh someplace special. Giggle

Phantome
09-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow!:wow: Love it! The idea, the composition, the macro, everything!

Did you use a tripod, or are your hands just that steady? Also, digital or film? My macro on my digital actually has a pretty long range, so it's hard for me to get a central object in focus and blur everything else, However, I have a great macro lens for my manual that can do this.

cariad
09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Thank you Phantome. I appreciate your encouragement, particularly after a weekend of being asked to take 'pretty' photos for ancient relative.

I use a digital SLR. The lenses I use are the same as the ones I used on my 35mm SLR. Since the size of the cell in my digital body and size of the film in the 35mm are slightly different the readings on the lenses are inaccurate, which annoys people when I am asked technical questions, but since I am not someone who records all the information, slapped wrist, this is only a feeble excuse.

For this photo the lens I used was the standard 28 - 90mm, which on my digital body acts probably - sheer guesswork here - as a 50+mm lens. So it certainly was not a macro lens. I did however crop the shot so it is only about 1/2 - 1/3 of its original size both directions.

I had the 'film speed' set to ASA 100, to optimise the quality, and since I wanted a very narrow depth of field I used the fastest shutter speed I could. Again, I did not record the technical detail, but it was taken late morning on a nice sunny day, so your guess is as good as mine. So in answer to your question, a shortish lens and high shutter speed meant I got away without using a tripod.

I would have loved to have tried using a much longer lens but there were practical difficulties such as an oak tree and a laural hedge in the way!

cariad

Phantome
09-18-2006, 09:43 AM
I wish my digital had interchangeable lenses. But I've been getting into astro-photography lately, so I've been using my manual more. I got a piggyback attatchment for my manual so I can hook it up to my long-range telescope, essentially making it like a huge telephoto lens. It takes some awesome pics! So I can do good pics that are super far away, but I still need to work on the ones that are super close up, like yours.... :)
-Phan

cariad
09-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Now, I have the telescope and I have the camera, have just never linked the two together, guess I prefer to come in close rather than look that far away. Do you have to have a motor on the telescope? Although I enjoyed the science of astronomy the visuals don't do much for me. Typical female perhaps?

cariad

Phantome
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I dunno- maybe just a female with individual tastes! I like astronomy quite a bit, but I also like flowers and chocolates just as much as the next gal...:p Anyway, yes, the telescope has a motor- even though it doesn't seem like it, the earth is moving really fast and any exposure longer than 30 seconds will blur (for shots of the sun or moon, a short exposure is OK and no motor is needed). I usually do exposures that are several minutes to a few hours- The longer exposures are neat because they are long enough to pick up all the celestial colors that you can't see with your naked eyes. When the prints come out, they are tinted in all sorts of shades of pink, yellow, blue, and purple, and the stars are as bright as the sun. That's the part I like best.
-Phan

cariad
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Phantome, if it is okay with you I am taking this exchange to PM, since it is going off the orginal subject of our entries and I suspect we may be boring the rest of the world...

cariad

suchaminx
09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
cariad

never bored, confused maybe but not bored ~giggles~

Hugs and smiles minx xxx

cariad
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
oh well then minxy - just jump straight in with your confusion, and let us try to confuse you a little more!

I have PM'ed Phantome asking there are any scanned copies of the pictures taken through the telescope - I would love to see them.

cariad

suchaminx
09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
cariad

ohhhhhhhhhh I am so excited I have a scanner, almost feels like I know what you are talking about ~giggles and hugs~ minx x

frankee
10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
That's an awesome picture,makes me want to take of the hobby again:)

caligirl{Rob}
10-04-2006, 09:13 AM
That photo is amazing....simple and intricate...gentle and so strong...lovely
hugs and licks!
cali