PDA

View Full Version : bdsm tattoos

abitbent
10-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I was just reading through some of the personal pics and couldn't help but notice a few of you got some ink done, and some of it representative of this lifestyle.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what would make a great lifestyle tattoo. The bdsm emblem thing is ok, but something about it just doesn't do it for me.

The only rule i've heard regarding D/s decorations of the body, is that typically, the right side means submissive, and the left is Dom. Now whether that is common knowledge or even true i'm not sure.

I've procrastinated for years about having an ankle band done, perhaps something that looks like braided leather, slip knotted on the ankle bone and letting the strands come apart running down towards the bottom of my foot. I thought about incorporating the bdsm emblem in there someplace but i'm still undecided.

It would be cool to be able to don something that only those of us "in the know" would understand it's meaning and perhaps pass by with a wink and a nod.

Any ideas?

bent

kittenfemme
10-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by abitbent
The only rule i've heard regarding D/s decorations of the body, is that typically, the right side means submissive, and the left is Dom. Now whether that is common knowledge or even true i'm not sure.

I've heard that too, from a lot of NYC leathermen. I haven't run into it anywhere else. Though I did think about that when I had my armband done and was sure to have it my right, just in case. ;)

I knew a submissive who had the D/s emblem on the back of her neck. I always thought that was sexy as hell. I loved to bite her there. The skin was ultra sensitive to begin with, but adding the trauma of a tat made it even more so. *purr*

I like the braided leather anklet idea. What of using the D/s emblem as the knot... letting the braided leather for the three sections of the circle? Maybe small crimson droplets for the dots?

kittenfemme
10-04-2003, 11:49 AM
I was about to close my web browser and smacked myself in the forehead. Black roses. In my experience (mostly East Coast of the US) they're used by a Domme to mark her property. I'm reasonably sure it's strictly a FemDom thing. I've not known any male Dom to use them on his submissives, but I could be wrong. Each has either designed her own or had it drawn to her specs. Some include their name or initials with the design, but most don't.

Finding_Fantasy
10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
The I'm screwed! LOL. I have a tattoo on my left wrist and I am a submissive. AH well. It's not like mine is BDSM related anyhow... just ancient egyptian

ladyB
10-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Finding_Fantasy
The I'm screwed! LOL. I have a tattoo on my left wrist and I am a submissive. AH well. It's not like mine is BDSM related anyhow... just ancient egyptian

Oh oh oh... Can you (or TG) take a pic of it please?? And either send to my e-mail or post it. I was a graphic design student (seems like a long time ago now) and I majored in Aztec, Northwestern American Indian, Egyptian and Maori art... all very similar in the end... anyway, I'd love to see it... also have a bit of a fetish for tats... :D
Ladyb

BDSM_Tourguide
10-10-2003, 12:38 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=600

Third message down.

ladyB
10-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=600

Third message down.
Now I remember seeing that! ff, it's really beautiful!! TG, thanks for the link... :)
LadyB

Finding_Fantasy
10-11-2003, 12:27 PM
It needs a bit of a touch up though. I love egyption mythology though I haven't had much of an opportunity or time to study it.

I eventually want to get another tattoo but I haven't decided what or where... if I ever do. :)

frankee
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
i was just reading some old threads and found this one. i absolutely LOVE tats! i currently have one only, it's on my lower back. it's a tattoo of my daughter's name in japanese characters. Probably one of the few times that my daughter will think that i'm cool. lol.

i love hearing and seeing about other people's ink. You find out a little bit about there personalities and the meaning behind them.

Anyone else out there who wants to share?

frankee

Proud sub of Mistress Cindy:rose:

Silke
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Yay...a tattoo thread coming back to life!! I'm right with you, frankee - I love tattoos. Only have one so far and that's a celtic ornament with two birds facing each other. It's very abstract, so you don't see past the ornamental work if you don't look very closely. The story behind it is that I've had a strong connection to Ireland for as long as I can remember and when I had this tattoo done - must have been about 10 years ago - it marked a new time of my life. I had finished school, was about to move to Ireland to work and live there and it was almost a feeling of an initiation ritual for me at the time. I still love the look and feel of the tattoo and I've been told it's the right one for me by a huna priest *giggles*...supposed to give good energy for what that's worth. ;)

I've been wanting another one for ages...one to go on my ankle and foot...gotta find the right one, though...and the money. ;)

frankee
06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks for sharing that Silke.

i have always loved the celtic designs (i knew there was a reason i liked you *giggles*)

Let me know when you get your next one:)

frankee

Silke
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Will do, frankee...but it'll have to be as special as the first one, so it might take a while to find something that I resonate with. And the sympathy goes both ways, hon. :)

frankee
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
:wave:

frankee

Proud sub on Mistress Cindy:rose:

chattel69
06-26-2006, 03:33 PM
the slave bar code has always been a desire of mine, maybe at the top of the pussy or on the back of the neck...

arwcuw
06-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I hadn't heard of the BDSM emblem before now. I just looked it up, and I don't think I like it very much, but that's just me.

Any tattoo that wraps around the arm or leg or ankle would be suggestive of bondage, especially if it looks like rope or leather or chain.

I may get a tattoo eventually, but it most likely won't be BDSM-related. I don't want to be that open about it.

servent_o
07-05-2006, 10:42 AM
My Weife {Misstres}Had My SRN number Tattoot on my Ass,Privat Property Tattoot above my Dick and Her Initials B,s on my Haed of my Dick.I cant Say i am not a markt Slave.She informt me tat She sends me to Owk for tow Weeks to Lerne How to be a slave.

_ID_
07-05-2006, 11:25 AM
been thinking of a BDSM tatt, but not sure of the exact make up of it. I do have Master in chinese on my left sholder, and she has slave on her right. I want to get a R (first intital of my first name) done in barbed wire with a reversed k (first initial of her first name) done in a black rose that is interlaced within the R. Though I am not sure (from a Guys point of view) if adding the rose would make it to fem (don't need any shit from guys at work over it).

V/R
ID

frankee
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
ID,

i love Your idea for a tat, especially the black rose.

frankee

_ID_
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
frankee,

Thanks, I wanted it to be original, yet have a BDSM meaning.

ID

frankee
07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
i think you should do it, it will mean something special to both of you and it has the BDSM aspect of it, and it's sexy:)

frankee

_ID_
07-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I've been mulling what to do for nearly two years now, I just wasn't sure about what. Now that I know what, I have to decide first where, and second when. Before that though, I need to find a skilled artist to give the detail I am searching for.

Thanks for the encouragement.

V/R
ID

Ozme52
07-06-2006, 12:11 AM
So... maybe those who have them can share them.

Let's see those tats.

frankee
07-06-2006, 12:35 AM
i have to ask permission but if i'm allowed i'll be posting my pic of my tat

wingsofanangel
07-06-2006, 02:51 PM
IDCREW:

I have designed several tats..... I am not an amazing artist but I was playing around with some ideas at work today.. when I get something worth while drawn up.. I'll send it your way to see what you think (its ok if you dun like it)

Also I have a friend who is a Tat artist up in the Boston area.... and he does amazing work with flowers... I am sure he could do an amazing rose.. PLUS he is into the fetish scene.. so he really understands it well... I shot him an e-mail and he's going to see what he can come up with.

-shrug- hope you dun mind me taking such initiative.

Sera (anya)

_ID_
07-07-2006, 02:58 AM
hope you dun mind me taking such initiative.

I don't mind at all. Was going to see if I could find someone local, but someone in the lifestyle, how outstanding is that!!! Thanks.

V/R
ID

VixeyandPhoenix
07-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Vixey and I are working on tattoos for ourselves. She has never had one before and never quite desired one, until I told her what she was going to get. I am looking at doing Kanji for master and slave on the back of our necks. Obviously master on mine and slave on hers. I am nervous however that the characters that I have found will not be the right ones. Anyone around who is of Japanese descent?

KittenFemme actually posted an example of the rose tat she was speaking of just under 3 years ago in the Personal Photography Section. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=810&d=1064202040)

I just love tattoos, but can only get one that has some meaning to it. If you get something on your body permanently, it just has to have meaning. Otherwise, it is little more than graffitti. There should be a tattoo section in the Members Photos Category!

Silke
07-07-2006, 06:49 AM
I am nervous however that the characters that I have found will not be the right ones. Anyone around who is of Japanese descent?

Check out the picture threads - Mariko's training - lol, first of all the thread is a beauty *grins* and then you have two people there who speak Japanese...;)

A wonderful idea by the way *smiles*.

wingsofanangel
07-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I got bored at work today so I started sketching..... just did what I could remember you wanted... a black rose, initials... and barbed wire... I tried to get that all in there.. dunno if I did or not. Its perfectly okay if you do not like this... I have never taken any art classes before.... and don't really think I am all that great.. but that artist at work loved it.. and told me how to do proper scale. Anyway... if you do think you like it.... its yours... or if you want more pix lemme know.... -shrug- if you have any other idea... feel free to let me know. I am open to criticism.

Also I did the R and the backwards K in the stem... sort of entertwined.. but still seperate... I wanted them sort of camoflaged.... dunno if this is what you pictured.

Sera (anya)

_ID_
07-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Would you mind sending those to my personal email? I can't see them yet as they haven't been approved. I am kinda forgetfull sometimes and don't want to forget what post or section these were in.

IDCrewDawg @ hotmail . com

Thanks for taking the initiative!!!

V/R
ID

wingsofanangel
07-07-2006, 09:59 PM
sending now

Sera

redEva
07-08-2006, 06:09 AM
That rose is amazingly beautifull!

_ID_
07-08-2006, 08:25 AM
It really truely is. She did a fantastic job. I am very grateful for what she did. Unfortunately it doesn't mesh with what I had in my head. I talked it over with her and told her as much.

V/R
ID

wingsofanangel
07-08-2006, 01:18 PM
-nod-

Which I expected. One persons vision rarely matches anothers. But I dun care it was fun to draw and it was nice to have something to do. Thanks for liking it, both of you.

Sera

Qmoq
07-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Anya, you have many talents, and not just the two obvious talents that hit you in the chin every time you jump up and down. I too thought the rose was beautiful, and the way you drew the stem of the rose to have the R and backwards k was exceptional.

I tell ya, if you didn't cyber-kick me in the shins every so often, you'd be perfect!

Q xx

MrDom
07-08-2006, 01:58 PM
hey ID i think the pic's of the rose Wings did for you are great. Wings you syre you are not a artist they in my opion are beauitfull.

MrDom

wingsofanangel
07-08-2006, 02:02 PM
aww thanks Q and MrDom

lol... I am def. not an artist. I just like to draw every now and then. Sometimes its okay... usually its crap. lol..

and Q... I'll try to behave more... but... I thought you liked me fiesty?

Sera

VixeyandPhoenix
07-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Wings, that is definately awesome. Great detail very lovely. I wish there were bigger pictures though.

I personally drew two of my tattoos, the one on my back and the one on my right forearm and I think it means much more when you do it that way.

Zinsho
07-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Not an artist? If that's the case than I'd almost hate to see what you could do if you were an artist, you'd probably blow us away. That's definitely better than anything I could do... I've done a quick pencil doodle idea for a tattoo once... even if I took the time it'd never be that well done

frankee
07-09-2006, 06:07 AM
wings,

the drawings that you did were absolutely awesome!!! You might not think that you're an artist but i definately think that you're very talented.
Beautiful work!:)

wingsofanangel
07-09-2006, 01:00 PM
thanks Zin and frankee...

It does mean a lot when someone likes what I have done :)

Sera

lilmisstami
07-13-2006, 01:37 AM
can any1 show me the bdsm sign thing as i havent seen it. im a bit annoyed as i have a chinese tattoo the sign of water on the left of my stomach just above my knicker line. i had it done for my best friend as it looks like our initials together. also i have my name in chinese on my lower back but thats in the middle. i wish i had the one on my stomach on the right now. grrr lol xx

VixeyandPhoenix
07-13-2006, 03:57 AM
I just did a quick google image search, not quite the best one that I have seen, but it will get the point across. I would certainly consider getting one of these done, if I could find or draw one that is attractive enough.

manshimajin
07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
In reply member request this is kanji for dominate and submit persons it read shihai and fukuju. In Japanese writing style normally is to write top to bottom and this I think look nicer if use for tattoo. first picture shihai is top two and fukuju botom two. In horizontal it is shihai on left and fukuju on right mariko

VixeyandPhoenix
07-14-2006, 04:16 AM
Thank you so much Mariko! You are awesome!

Silke
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh wow...this is great! Thank you for sharing this with us, Mariko!! :)

*sighs* I want another tattoo...

frankee
07-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Thank You Mariko, i love those!!!

TheLordJustice
07-14-2006, 11:06 AM
My tatt has nothing to do with BDSM but i thought I'd share it
http://myspace-983.vo.llnwd.net/00836/38/97/836927983_m.jpg
Please keep in mind that picture was taken the day after i had it done, and was not complete still isnt yet -.-

frankee
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice tat Dahmon. i can't believe that's the day after...barely any scabbing.

TheLordJustice
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM
It actually didnt scab at all, for the first two days i used umm forget its name anti infectent cream and then for 12 days i used Vitamin E balm and use it if i notice it's dry.