PDA

View Full Version : The A-Z of BDSM

maddie
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Beginning Friday, September 15, and continuing twice a month from then on, you'll be seeing articles about various aspects of BDSM. We'll be traveling through the alphabet, discussing a variety of topics. These topics, beginning wtih aftercare, will (I hope) provide our members with a means of sharing and gaining knowledge about what brings us all together.

A brief description of the topic will be posted and then that topic will be open for discussion.

Posts for this discussion may only be made by a member of the moderating team. Any other posts will be deleted. Suggestions for topics are welcome; please PM me if you have any. Especially if you have any for the letters 'q', 'x', and 'z'. :32:

_ID_
09-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Beginning Friday, September 15, and continuing twice a month from then on, you'll be seeing articles about various aspects of BDSM. We'll be traveling through the alphabet, discussing a variety of topics. These topics, beginning wtih aftercare, will (I hope) provide our members with a means of sharing and gaining knowledge about what brings us all together.

A brief description of the topic will be posted and then that topic will be open for discussion.

Posts for this discussion may only be made by a member of the moderating team. Any other posts will be deleted. Suggestions for topics are welcome; please PM me if you have any. Especially if you have any for the letters 'q', 'x', and 'z'. :32:

Might I suggest the following link for a souce for your ellusive letters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BDSM_topics

V/R
ID

Silke
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Thank you for agreeing to do the research, maddie. This is going to be such a cool project! I'm looking forward to your take on aftercare...;)

Ozme52
09-14-2006, 06:40 PM
*Oz sits down up front in anticipation of looking up the teacher's skirt... cuz if he's right, she probably has to teach sans panties.*

frankee
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
This sounds like an awesome idea maddie. i can't wait until it starts!

cariad
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM

Putting on dunces cap and getting ready to stand in corner... Miss maddie, how can everyone discuss a topic if only the moderating team can post?

cariad

Qmoq
09-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Putting on dunces cap and getting ready to stand in corner... Miss maddie, how can everyone discuss a topic if only the moderating team can post?

cariad

cari, I think that Joe and Joanne Public has to suggest a topic to the mod team... but once a topic is up there, he and she can post till his heart's content.

Q xx

cariad
09-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Hmmmmm, the person above sneaked past his 500th post without me noticing. Hugs, and thank you for being you.

*screwing up a ball of paper and tossing it across the classroom to Q, determined to get him into trouble for being a clever clogs*

:cae7gler:

cariad

SheepishJaina
09-14-2006, 11:47 PM
ohh this sounds great, cant wait to see

Warbaby1943
09-15-2006, 03:33 AM
cari, I think that Joe and Joanne Public has to suggest a topic to the mod team... but once a topic is up there, he and she can post till his heart's content.

Q xx
Q that's the take I got out of it too.

cariad
09-15-2006, 03:40 AM
muttering things about teacher not knowing the difference between a thread and a post. Can tie a teacher to a post with a thread, but cannot.....

okay, time for me to run and hide...

cariad

Talia
09-15-2006, 03:41 AM
ohhhh I can't wait!

*Walks in with hair in pigtails and ready for the teacher to being while watching cariad throwing paper at Q...and wondering what Ozzy is up to now*

RickBulow74
09-15-2006, 05:05 AM
This ought to be very interesting, and I cannot wait to read and (hopefully) respond to everything.

*sitting in the front with paper and pencil. (maybe a camera as well)*

maddie
09-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Oh dear. Yes, Q is right and I apologize for any confusion. Nobody can post a new topic in the A-Z theme other than a member of the moderating team, but once a topic has been posted, they'll be open to everyone for discussion.

Tojo
09-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Well I have a comment- Wowee! :bdsmsmile

Tojo

dzire2pleeze
09-15-2006, 08:14 AM
~dons school-girl uniform, sits quietly at desk with pen and notebook and waits excitedly for class to start ~

~becomes impatient, looks around room to find the troublemakers ...smiles...oooh...cariad ...i think to myself... she's going to be fun. grins to self.~

~sneaks cariad some more wadded up paper to toss at Q then quickly returns to my position of innocence, with hands folded on desk. ~

Ozme52
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM
*Oz smiles to himself... waiting for SuperB to sit down.*
*Notices dzire walk in and sit down in the chair meant for SuperB*
*Watches to see how long before dzire notices the desktop is ratcheting downward, about to trap her in her seat.*

Ruby
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Oooh, this sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Comment: This a wonderful opportunity to dig up articles written and submitted by forum members on various topics.

Instead of "bumping" those topics, perhaps the updated articles could be posted in this new area and we let current forum members respond.

riverwindsong
09-16-2006, 12:53 AM
I think this is a fabulous idea! Information exchange is always welcome...not to mention helpful to newbies...

And I second Ruby's thought about putting the updated articles into a new area for further review, rather than being lost in subspace...er, I meant cyberspace. :p

Silke
09-16-2006, 03:38 AM
We're working on it...;)

Not sure whether all of the interesting threads will be in there 'physically', but we could link them in the relevant threads, Ruby. *hint hint* Just post away...

Smoke's-Slut
09-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I am looking forward to this. I think it will be a very good learning experience as well as things to be discussed. Thank you.

cariad
09-17-2006, 11:52 PM
*winks at dzire as she hands me some more wadded up paper and points out a little too late to her what is happening to her desk top*

*saunters casually over the sink to fills a glass with water, before returning to desk with it*

*drops one wadge of paper into the water and innocently rests hands on lap*

dzire2pleeze
09-18-2006, 03:24 PM
~looks confused~ pssst...pssst...~trying to get cariad's attention~ what's going on with the desk??????????

~raises hand ~ Miss Maddie, should this be happening?

~glares at Oz...thinks he knows something i don't know. ~

Ozme52
09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
~looks confused~ pssst...pssst...~trying to get cariad's attention~ what's going on with the desk??????????

~raises hand ~ Miss Maddie, should this be happening?

~glares at Oz...thinks he knows something i don't know. ~

*click*

*snap, clack, snick,* Oz returns dzire's glare with a smile as the desktop holds her legs in place... and she finds her wrists suddenly held by automated manacles...

maddie
09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh, good grief. Do I need to separate y'all and take away your desks?

;)

cariad
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
*waiting until Miss Maddie's back is turned, squeezing out the wadge of wet paper and flicking it over to Q*

*looking over a little too late to dzire - errrrrrrr - it could be that you are demonstrating B for Bondage, C for cuffs or D for desks or O for Oz's fantasy?*

RickBulow74
09-18-2006, 09:23 PM
*dropping a pen and pencil, picking it up and looking up the shirts of the ladies, enjoying what I see*

dzire2pleeze
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
~looks at Miss Maddie all sweet and innocent like~ but i didn't do anything.

~turns my head indicating that Oz is the culprit~ I think he's the trouble maker, Miss Maddie. It's certainly not me...or cariad. We are good students and very well behaved ~winks at cariad~

NOW SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!! ~struggles frantically to free myself~

and you...Mr. Bulow...stop it! Did you see, Miss Maddie...did you see what he did? He should be put in the corner. ~sticks my tongue out at Rick when Miss Maddie isn't looking.~

Ozme52
09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
*click* dzire's desk begins to tilt back as Oz's eyebrows arch... and is that an evil mwaaahahaha we hear?

RickBulow74
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
*twiddling my thumbs and acting all innocent, whistling a tune* d2p, you trying to get me in trouble? I do not notice others complaining.
*waiting until Miss Maddie's back is turned and penning a note, slipping it to cariad then moving my hand back twiddling my thumbs once more*

cariad
09-19-2006, 01:03 AM
*checking that Miss maddie is not looking and carefully unfolding the note*

*Fidgets, blushes, looks up at the clock and gives an almost secret nod to Rick, and then returns to looking innocent*

*Wonders if I should point out to dzire that her skirt is falling up as she is tilted backwards*

Echoes
10-23-2006, 06:23 AM
oh my...posted in wrong place! I just read aftercare and somehow posted here

_ID_
11-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Ok, so it seems I have been nominated to take over the A-Z project. I accepted, and know full well that I am by no means an expert on all subjects BDSM. SOOOO that said, I will rely heavily on the members of the form, ALL members. Mods, Admin, Super Admin, as well as the newbies who just found out what BDSM is!.

So that said, I am going to figure out what subject would be best to start out with. We left off at D, and I will strive to find a suitable subject (domination was what was suggested before, but for some reason there seemed little interest in that).

I figure we can leave the subject open for 2 weeks per letter, and if its a high interest item like aftercare was, well then a full month could be dedicated.

V/R
ID

annie
11-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Ok, so it seems I have been nominated to take over the A-Z project. I accepted, and know full well that I am by no means an expert on all subjects BDSM. SOOOO that said, I will rely heavily on the members of the form, ALL members. Mods, Admin, Super Admin, as well as the newbies who just found out what BDSM is!.

So that said, I am going to figure out what subject would be best to start out with. We left off at D, and I will strive to find a suitable subject (domination was what was suggested before, but for some reason there seemed little interest in that).

I figure we can leave the subject open for 2 weeks per letter, and if its a high interest item like aftercare was, well then a full month could be dedicated.

V/R
ID

GREAT to have you here! Can't wait to see what "D" is for....

Just a suggestion but how about "dependency." I know may sound strange... can explain further if i need to though!

Anyhow... congrats on the new job! You will do an awesome job!

_ID_
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
yes, please explain what it is you refer to. dependency on other, dependency on....?

And thanks for the congrats!

ID

Havensov
11-14-2006, 12:34 PM
If i could make a sugestion...

D for Demeanor. As in what type of demeanor do you look for in your BDSM partner. Shy, bratty, soft, loud, gothy, innocent, flirty, complacent, stubborn, etc.

Just a thought.

And congrats!

Guest 91108
11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
May i add in another... devices.... it seems that not just the common ones but the more elaborate ones that someone new such as myself might wish to know.

Dragon's muse
11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
D could also be for "Decorum" as is manners and etiquette in different circumstances

_ID_
11-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I was thinking along the lines of Domspace. I think it was breifly discussed in another thread here, will have to work on that. What I am going to strive to do is do a subject that both dom and sub as well as experienced and new can post their thoughts/opinions about.

Though Demeanor, Decorum and Devices are all good ones, cause they can work both ways.

V/R
ID

annie
11-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Nevermind! Saw the other thread! *smiles*

mina
11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
What about D for "Daddy" or Daddy play?

DramaKw33n
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
This will be very helpful to me in my journey.

_ID_
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
So our A - Z thread grows some... We are now at E for education, please feel free to contribute in the E for education thread (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?p=183572#post183572)!!!

cariad
11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Does that mean it is time to put on our school uniforms again?

_ID_
12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Of course it does, and I had some special chairs made up for all the submissives. The desk is forward, the back of the chair is open, and leans a bit forward, thus causing the ass of each occupant to be throughly exposed.

There is a new uniform item to accompany your outfits as well... NIPPLE CLAMPS!!!

ID

Havensov
12-14-2006, 06:32 AM
F.......

Fetish
Furniture
Function
Fanatic
Freedom
Fixtures
Female
Form
Fragrance

Just a few ideas... looking ahead to the next letter.

_ID_
12-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I considered fetish, but we have such a great fetish thread going. I didn't know if that would just be a repeat of that thread (even though it would be fun). Also considered fantasy, but wasn't sure what kind of discussion we would get going. Domespace and Education weren't as popular as I had hopped. Perhaps its cause people don't like me being the leader of this... had more interest with maddie. Who knows. Gonna test a theory, and see what kind of response I get on the next one. I would enjoy some more suggestions though.

ID

lily27
12-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Floggers, Flogging, Figging, Freedom.....

violet girl{MM}
12-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Moving on to G for:
*girls
*guys
*goth
*Gor
and, of couse, gags (!) of all kinds!

Guest 91108
01-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Smiles........

Since I was given this area to specialize in for the time being I thought I'd use a G word that has been on my mind for while as my way to cum into the doing of the A-Z of BDSM.

Gore

I hope everyone enjoys the journey..

Guest 91108
01-26-2007, 03:14 AM
hrm to drum up readers.. some topics for " I " that you'd like to see ?

gagged_Louise
01-26-2007, 03:21 AM
*inventing
*impaling :D
*introducing (semi-vanilla friends to bdsm)

Guest 91108
01-26-2007, 03:24 AM
I really like " *introducing (semi-vanilla friends to bdsm) "
perhaps you ( anyone) would like to pm me a short version of what you think on it?

cariad
01-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Can it also include introducing semi-vanilla partners/spouses to BDSM?

cariad

gagged_Louise
01-26-2007, 03:31 AM
that seems an obvious thing to me Cariad. Now I haven't had too many occasions to "come out" as a masochist to vanilla friends but I know there's a sort of bdsm buzz and interest, in some sense S&M is more accepted now than it may have been twenty years ago, so I've thought a bit about how to show others what this is about.

Guest 91108
01-26-2007, 03:53 AM
cariad i think that would work as well. We've certainly seen a lot of members lately haveing this very situation.

Introducing Semi-Vanilla Partners/Spouses to BDSM

Havensov
02-27-2007, 07:23 AM
K-
Kill Bill
Kama Sutra
Kiss

L-
Lips
Lust
Lingering
Lingerie
Live-in
Lifestyle
Love
Lollipop
Leash
Lash
Listen

Ok, thats enough for now...

Guest 91108
03-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Having a hard time coming up with a topic that is worthy for the letter K.
I've read some in the past looking for suggestions or come back to K at a later date and time.

cariad
03-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Knowledge?
Knots?

Guest 91108
03-06-2007, 05:51 AM
I had thought of doing knowledge but there's so much posted about the need for knowledge all over the board...
and knots. well the Japanese bondage thread wasn't really appealing to many.

I had thought on a topic with a phrase like
"K for killing the bad Dom/me ego" but i couldn't decide if the people here could keep that a civil discussion while we explored what to do about such a thing.

cariad
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
I am not so concerned about keeping the discussion civil as what we are going to do with all the dead egos cluttering up the place. But, if you can find a place to put them - I would say why not give it a bash - or give them a bash....or......

*tells self to stop there*

cariad

Guest 91108
03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Smiles mischeivously.

orchidsoul
03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Aside from what's been suggested, all I can think of is
Knife play. I also like Havensov's idea of Kissing.

My search for K, came up with a few others of potential interest:

Kinesophilia A paraphilia where a person derives sexual pleasure from exercise.

Klismaphilia A love of enemas. Enema games.

Knismolagnia Sexual arousal from being tickled.

Guest 91108
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Blade ( knife ) play is covered in knowledge section.

" Knismolagnia Sexual arousal from being tickled. " -- Hrmmm grins.

_ID_
08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Hate to see this die off... Looks like we are on the letter Q. Aside from Qmod being the subject of attention, people got other suggestions?

Queening is something, or perhaps talking about a quirt, and how to use one. Though as I was sitting here contemplating, I thought perhaps Quality would be a good one. Quality Toys, Quality subs or Doms, Quality clubs, Quality sites.... Any other suggestions?

_ID_
08-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Or not

gagged_Louise
08-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Queer is one, of course (not in the sense of "bugger" or "curious" but as a keyword of non-fixed gender identities, "the queer movement" - but I don't think we have much expertise of that here). I don't feel up to speed with it and NatalieD has just started sharing her knowledge of the difficult life of transsexuals (meaning physical sex-changer) - taka a look at her own thread here at Knowledge base

_ID_
08-19-2007, 06:25 AM
I have read her thread, and asked the question about Q before she started it I believe. Doesn't matter really, the form admin never really supported the idea of this thread, or there would have been more support for it.

gagged_Louise
08-19-2007, 06:36 AM
I have read her thread, and asked the question about Q before she started it I believe. Doesn't matter really, the forum admin never really supported the idea of this thread, or there would have been more support for it.

Hey ID, can't expect the admins and supermods to come up with all the questions and discussion pieces to keep this thread alive, can we? I agree it could have been more lively, but I guess that's up to ordinary members, I'll even admit I once promised Wolfscout something to help bring out the discussion and then failed to deliver anything. *whips herself*