PDA

View Full Version : brattyone/sheepish's third assignment

SheepishJaina
09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
First, I love my spell check. Love it love it love it. Grammer check is pretty close behind in love. For proof reading, the best way I have found so far is to have someone else, a third party read my work. They often pick up on storyline details that I may have missed. If no one is available, I will either hold a piece of paper up to the screen or print it out and do the same, going line to line to break it down.

Loving Embrace

The sexual innuendos bounced back and forth between the two of them like a ping pong ball as they ate a leisurely lunch. Both were mostly oblivious to the third person sitting with them. Shannon flashed a warm smile over at him as she glanced at her other friend sitting to the right. Cath was pushing wilted lettuce leaves around on her plate, and raised her eyebrow when she saw Shannon glance over. He caught their looks at each other and cleared his throat, “Ladies, it’s been a delight, but I’m afraid I have to get back to work, things to see and people to do and all that jazz.”

Geoff pulled some money out of his wallet as he stood and dropped it on the table in front of his plate. He paused to kiss Shannon’s cheek, his cologne wafting over her, making her heart pound as he whispered in her ear before heading for the door, “I’ll call you later babe.” Shannon blushed as she watched him leaving, her eyes appraising and memorizing every inch of his figure. Cath dropped her fork onto the salad plate and flagged down the waiter for the bill. While waiting for the waiter to return, she coughed politely to get Shannon’s attention

“Hmm?” Shannon murmured and turned her attention back to Cath. “Shannon snap out of it! He likes you. You like him. This is the third time in two days you’ve drug me out to meet him now. He’s sexy, sweet, funny, and more importantly he doesn’t give off any creepy vibes. The staring and innuendos is frankly is starting to weird me out. Go for it already!”

Shannon accepted the bill from the waiter and waited till he was out of earshot before replying, “He is. You know me though hon, I’ve been burned before. You’re right though. It’s time to move onto the next stage, despite the butterflies threatening to take over my stomach.” She silently added to herself, “If only I could tell you about the other parts of my life, the submissive part of me that you wouldn’t understand if I tried to talk about. If you only knew the truth.”

Shannon reviewed the check and picked up Geoff’s money from the table. She chuckled to herself as she pulled out her wallet. Cath started to reach for her wallet when Shannon stopped her, “No, I’ve got this, actually, so does Geoff. He’s left enough to more than cover the whole bill and tip.” Cath shot Shannon a knowing look, “But of course, miss independent over here, you’re still paying for us and will find someway to give him back the rest of his money.” “You know it!” Shannon shot back, sticking out her tongue.

Shannon giggled as the two friends stood. They exited the restaurant and after Cath hailed down a taxi, Shannon hugged her. “Thanks again hon, it means a lot to me that you’ve come along.” Cath hugged Shannon back and hopped in her cab. As the cab started to pull away, Cath poked her head out of the window, shouting, “I expect details, all of them!” Shannon waved and took her time walking home, humming to herself.

She spent the afternoon cleaning up her house, her head in a fog, day dreaming about him. She was so lost in thought that when the phone rang she only became aware that it had rung from the answering machine clicking on. “Hello Babe, it seems that I’ve missed you, perhaps tomorrow we could..” Shannon quickly dove for the phone and switched it on, “Hello? You still there?” His chuckle made her sigh loudly with relief. “Sorry, I hadn’t heard the phone ring.” She could envision the grin on his face as he replied innocently, “Something have you all hot and bothered?”

Shannon squirmed slightly, and as she breathed in, she realized that she could smell her own arousal, just from talking to him, “Not as hot and bothered as I intend to make you kiddo. Would you like to come over to my place tonight instead of going out?” Her heart pounded away in her ears as everything seemed to freeze in place, her world completely focused on the voice she desperately wanted to hear. “Babe, I don’t know if..” Shannon cut him off, “Just come over and see my house. We can watch a movie and talk. I promise I wont answer the door wearing a corset and shackles unless it’s what you want..”

This time he cut her off, “You naughty girl. You know I want you, it’s just not time yet. We agreed weeks ago that we wouldn’t just jump into bed. Talking and a movie sounds great.” Shannon gave him the address and when they’d hung up, she skipped upstairs to get changed. As she dug through her clothes she chided herself from wanting to put on the corset anyway. Eventually, she settled on a comfortable skirt and tank top. She was rubbing her favorite lotion on, its sweet candy-like scent causing her to giggle like the teen she felt like, when the doorbell rang.

She took her time walking downstairs to answer the door, wanting him to wait anxiously for her, but also trying to calm the fluttering of her heart. She finally answered the door and blushed. Geoff stood there, clutching a single white rose in his hand, looking very much like a nervous prom date afraid to enter. Shannon giggled and hugged him when he finally stepped forward to enter. He handed her the rose and smiled shyly as she closed the door.

She held the rose in her hand and grabbed his hand as she led him around her house. Geoff had seen pictures of it before, but never up close. Shannon burst out laughing when his attention was caught by the collection of stuffed animals next to her bed, “Oops! Did I forget to mention those when I gave you the virtual tour?” He smiled and seemed to relax, “No I was just counting to see if you had as many sheep as you claimed!”

Together they headed back downstairs still chuckling. Shannon showed him where her DVD collection was and went into the kitchen to get a vase for the rose. She placed the rose into a vase and had leaned down to inhale its scent when she heard him call for her, “Got the perfect movie babe!” He held up her copy of “Ghost” when she came into the room and she grinned back at him, “My favorite.” She started the movie and sat next to him on the couch. They chatted idly while they watched the movie, until the scene with the pottery wheel and “Unchained Melody” came on.

Shannon sniffled to herself and tried to hide the tears that were slowly making their way down her face. Geoff looked over her and opened his mouth to speak but stopped. Instead he patted his lap. She smiled through her tears and moved so that she was sitting sideways on his lap. She leaned her head against his shoulder and focused on his scent, listening to his heartbeat, the gentle rhythm of his chest rising and falling. As “Unchained Melody” filled the room, she felt her heart tighten with desire. She yearned for his friendship, his dominance, and mostly, for his love. Shannon smiled through her tears as Geoff slipped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly as he tenderly kissed her cheek. She sighed softly, knowing that there was no where else she wanted to be at that moment. She was safe and comfortable in his loving embrace.

SheepishJaina
09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Something I didn't mention above. I intentionally left out physical characteristics of the two main characters. It's an experiment on my part, I want the reader to be able to see themself as "Shannon"

cariad
09-25-2006, 11:34 PM
What a lovely start to a great story oh sheepy one. Can I come back tomorrow and read the next part please?

Reading it, I was torn between wanting to enjoy this phase, and trying to guess when he would pick up on her submissive trait. Come on - please don't keep me waiting too long!

cariad

Aussiegirl1
09-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Sheepish,
Sorry it took me while to get to respond. I am visiting my mother for a few days and can't get online till at night.

Anyway, enough about me. What a fantastic story! I too want to know what happens next. The only small error I found the use of the word drug when it should be dragged. Apart from that, I could see no other errors, your commas were all where they should be and your paragraphs were of a good length.

I think you are ready for level three--- so pick up that sheep and I'll let Rabbit know.

Good luck.

Aussiegirl

maddie
09-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Huh. I assumed he knew about her submissiveness. Go figure.

Lovely story, sheepish. I didn't really miss the lack of physical description and I sighed over the ending.

SheepishJaina
09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Hrmm, in my own mind, he knows, hence her "corset and shackles" comment and his "naughty girl" reply. For me reading it, their meeting(s) have been a move from O/l to R/l. But again, I didn't want to spoonfeed too much information when writing this. I wanted to gear it more towards my target reader (women) being able to imagine themself as "Shannon".

In my own heart, i have a yearning for that tender sweet romance, and i think that a lot of ladies feel the same way, looking for that "perfect" romance.

TheKnothead
09-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Great Story!! ...or first chapter....
Had you not mentioned that you left out the descriptions, I'd have never noticed it. As far as I'm concerned, you're experiment was a great success!!

TKH