PDA

View Full Version : homemade chloroform

Neopadinski
10-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Is it possible to make a short-term anesthetic using very simple household materials that will not harm the person, e.g. cause brain damage, etc...it sounds bad, but if I find a harmless chloroform that works I plan on using it on my girlfriend, completely consensually (well, she'll PRETEND like she doesn't want it...:D).

Neopadinski
10-15-2003, 03:10 PM
*ahem*

Let me just specify, I have no intention of making chloroform to use on an unwilling female in order to bend her to my will. I thought maybe that was a misconception, and that was why nobody was answering. Or, I thought, perhaps nobody knew, which would not surprise me at all.

Escritor
10-15-2003, 04:44 PM
I know this is slightly off-topic but...
Does someone know what chloroform is used besides putting people to sleep?

Thanks!

Regards

Neopadinski
10-15-2003, 04:52 PM
The only use I know it's for is putting people to sleep, but then again, I'm not an expert in this :)

BDSM_Tourguide
10-15-2003, 06:10 PM
A clear, colorless, heavy, sweet-smelling liquid, CHCl3, used in refrigerants, propellants, and resins, as a solvent, and sometimes as an anesthetic. Chloroform, once widely used in human and veterinary surgery, has generally been replaced by less toxic, more easily controlled agents.

Make friends with your dictionary.

Neopadinski
10-15-2003, 06:22 PM
I actually use a dictionary quite often, I just didn't really think it was important enough to look up :)

Anyway, returning to my original question, is it possible to make chloroform from household materials? And if not, is it possible to render a person unconscious (that doesn't involve pain, e.g. running up and punching them in the back of the head)?

Curtis
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
My guess would be that it's not possible to home-make a SAFE tranquilizer/anaesthetic. One reason cholofrorm (and ether) have been phased out is that they can cause people to vomit in their sleep (with predictably disasterous consequences).

It's not at all what you're looking for, but have you considered using an over-the-counter sleeping pill to make your partner drowsy? Depending on what you plan to do, a sleepy/half-asleep/sleeping partner can be fun to work with, but it does require consent, patience and a soft touch (at least until you have her restrained --heh, heh!). Probably doesn't fit your requirements, though. Sorry.

By the way, the first medical use of chloroform took place at Madison Barracks, just ten miles due west of where I'm typing, in 1845.

e.e. norcod
10-16-2003, 07:16 AM
ARRRRGGGHHH!

Chloroform is not used very much at all industrially. Previously it was used a fair amount as an "organic solvent" which means it was used to extract fats away from water based solutions. However, chloroform, like its heavier, much more toxic cousin, carbon tetrachloride, has been known to cause liver damage in some people and liver cancer in rats. Its industrial use involves significant safety equipment to ensure it is not inhaled by workers or released into the environment in significant amounts. Even the least toxic chlorinated hydrocarbon of the one-carbon series (methylene chloride, also known as dichloromethan) has come under tighter regulation.

Most of the things that used to be used for inhalation anesthesia (ether, chloroform) are either highly explosive or are associated with things that are nasty (liver and brain damage). You cannot buy the stuff that is currently used for without a federal license.

I would strongly advise against "putting people to sleep". They have a bad tendency, not generally discussed in BDSM fiction. They have a tendency not to wake up. Auto-erotic asphyxia (AEA) kills several people each year. And AEA is probably relatively safe compared to attempts to induce anesthesia for erotic purposes.

In the old days, after about eight years of post college education some of us got to use very fancy drugs to put people to sleep and then wake them up again. There was someone with five to six years training than you standing directly behind you. And it was still very scary. When I think about all the things that can go wrong! It is probably the reason why so many physicians undergo surgery under local anesthesia (or regional blocks) rather than general anesthesia.

THIS IS A BIG "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME".

Neopadinski
10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Damn. Oh well, I figured it was worth a try. Thanks anyway.

e.e. norcod
10-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey, there are still a gazillion ways to exercise your kink. My particular kink is corporal punishment. Think about chastizing your lady with strap, switch or cane. There are still an almost unlimited number of kinks available. All that matters is her willingness to submitt and your willingness to be the dominant.

kittenfemme
10-17-2003, 06:10 AM
A good blindfold tied down with a scarf or handkerchief coupled with earplugs and tight bondage may do the trick. *shrug* Depending on what you had in mind, of course.

e.e. norcod
10-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Well put kittenfemme. IMMOBILIZATION AND SENSORY DEPRIVATION Imagination rules!