PDA

View Full Version : September Picture/Art Contest Poll is open!

Silke
10-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi there,

I'm so excited about this premiere! We have some wonderful entries in this first Picture/Art Contest and I hope you'll give them all a round of applause and vote for your personal favourite. As with the Story Contest, it's wonderful for the people who entered their interpretation of the theme, when there's a lot of interest and people actually show this by voting.

So, if you read this, please take the time and VOTE! The poll will run for a week until October 8. :)

Thanks to everybody who entered and I'll keep my fingers crossed for each and every one of you. Good luck! :)

Silke

Phantome
10-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Would it be OK to post a thread in the general talk section to let people know that they can come vote on the pics now? I get the feeling that a lot of people don't regularly check the photo contest thread, so they don't realize that they can vote now... :)
-Phan

cariad
10-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Giving you a general answer, rather than a specific one.

With the exception of a few forums which have limited access, you are free to post anything anywhere - PROVIDED it obeys the rules of the forum.

These rules can be found at http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4022

Everything which is posted is read by at least one mod, who will check that it complies with the forum rules and who might move it to a more appropriate place. Posts are only deleted if they break the rules of the Forums.

So....please feel encouraged to post whatever you think will add to this community.

cariad

~hellish one~
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
psst...cariad got my vote!

SheepishJaina
10-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Congratulations cariad!

cariad
10-08-2006, 11:46 PM
psst...cariad got my vote!

Thank you hellish one - and thank you also to everyone who voted, regardless of who you voted for!

My thanks have to go at least initially to CC who selected which picture I should enter. Off to tell him in a moment that he did a good job of it! (And yes, in case anyone wondered, we are still the bestest of friends - maybe ever closer in some ways.)

As Q said last month when he won the writers competition - it does feel good but what is even more encouraging is the feedback one gets by posting here. So a personal plea - if you like reading the stories which someone posts - tell them so; if you like looking at the pictures someone posts - tell them so. It does not have to be a detailed critique, just a I really enjoyed reading that, it took me out of where I was at that moment - or something like that. Is quite and easy - and - well it will encouarge the person to post again so you get to read or see more!

Hugs to all the lovely people on this site,
cariad

Phantome
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Love your photo, congrats on winning! Can't wait to see your interpretation of October's contest. :)
-Phan