PDA

View Full Version : My favorite authors on BDSM LIbrary

GaryWilcox
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Kallie, Allene, Quin, Terry Madison, Parker, and Rod Harden are my favorite authors.

I am super critical of writing, but I wouldn't bother to read something that was coherently written and a good, worthwhile story, so when I'm critical, it just means the work is good enough to want it to shine. And these folks do good work, consistently.

I think Harden only has one story here (The Hooters Girl-- which is entirely too short, waaaaah!), but a number of really good BDSM stories over on his website, and some humor and lighter fare too.

Parker's stuff usually draws my immediate interest when I see the boards have been updated-- have to read his stuff first, every time. His plot twists are really the stuff of genius. Easily one of the best writers on BDSM, if not the best.

Terry Madison's "Coming of Age" is brilliant. Great writer-- super kinky stuff.

Lately... I'm not sure if she's having a bit of a personal rennaisance or if she's just posting older work she's been saving... but Kallie Thomas' stuff just gets better and better. Must have finally got her mojo working... I think that excerpts from "All Good Fun" should be on the backgrouns of her website-- that's such a good introduction to her work. But nowhere near as good as her recent offerings, to be sure. "Coldwater" & "The Perfect Girl" are two recent greats; although "Apple For Teacher" and "The Workout" remain favorites.

Allene Blake, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for her to produce the great American BDSM novella. :p

Quin's "Captured Caroline" is one of those stories you REALLY wish the author would update. One of the best in the library.

THere are some other folks who written stuff I really enjoy:

I enjoyed Ladyvet's "JoAnn's Last Anniversary"... home to see more by her in the future. Not a lot happens, but the writing does a good job of telling a story and conveying a mood.

I follow along with Andromeda's "Holly's Home Invasion", although I was enjoying the story more when it took place in the home then when the plot recently changed. It's well written and believable, so I'm sticking with it.

"Molly", by Semiater, was a good read...

'Kira's Island', by Dino Dave, is arguably my favorite, and it's consensual.

There was another romantic tale about a woman wh embezzelled some money and was running from the law in Colorado-- wish I ciould remember the name and who wrote it.

Anywho-- those are my favorites. If the authors are ready, please take a bow!

Lauren
04-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Most of my favorite authors have only written one or two stories up to now, like Richard Alexander, thumb or Allie the slick.

But I also adore everything PARKER writes!!!! Well, everything but the bestiality or scatology stories. Not my taste...

I don't like the typical hardcore authors who can't stuff enough torture and snuff and gang-bang in one story or worse: in one chapter.

I also don't like the completely plot-less stories, because I think the more plot, the better the author.

Lauren

GaryWilcox
04-04-2002, 12:35 AM
You should check Rod Harden out. (www.rodharden.com) His stuff covers the spectrum, and he's pretty up front about what to expect. Try the kinky section-- might be close to what you like in a story.

I like *some* bestiality, particularly where it plays with primal human fears. Clever, real, and not yet another situation with a dog (climb, insert, spunk, knot, pool). Parker's recent romp with gorillas, "Keeper", needed plot work by a good editor-- more research on gorilla behavior and how a zoo works-- but it's still extremely well written, and well, it's Parker. :D

Scatology is just gross, to me. Can't get into it. Haven't read anything that makes it remotely appealing as Dom or Sub.

Sometimes a story doesn't need much of a plot... "JoAnn's Last Anniversary" has one, but it's in the background while cavity searches and bully prison guards are in the foreground. It wasn't gratuitous or the purely "blondes with big tits" sugar candy that is prevalent on the forum. The characters are believable and the heroine is sympathetic.

GaryWilcox
04-04-2002, 01:39 AM
"Alone Again", which is called "Along Again" in the Library (typo!), by Klik. Great romantic story.

Ladyvet
04-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Hi Rubbr,

Thank you for mentioning me and "JoAnn's Last Anniversary." Several of my other stories are also posted. More will come. I'm glad the mood of helplessness, hopelessness, loneliness and frustration conveyed to you. I agree that this was not an action-oriented tale. Some of my others are. You might enjoy "Waiting for Him to Come."

I tried to open a window into that world of desperation, the parallel universe known as the "justice system." Not much happens outside inmate's heads in women's prisons. There is torture, but it's primarily psychological, internalized and usually and self-inflicted.

Ladyvet

GaryWilcox
04-04-2002, 02:23 AM
I couldn't find the story in your directory... is it about to be published, or under different name?

g42
04-04-2002, 03:08 AM
RubbrSpatula,

I love your handle. I love spatulas! It is such a fun word! As it happens I'm currently wearing my shirt that says "spatulicious" on it. hehe

I used to call myself Mistress Spatula. You get funny IM's with a nick like that. ;)

GaryWilcox
04-04-2002, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Miss Spatula... errr, Gwen.

I used to carry a big wooden handle rubber spatula in high school, so it's sort of a long-term identity thing. A sly reference to my earliest BDSM musing...

Freemaster
04-04-2002, 06:29 AM
My all time favorite author up to now still remains Thumb. There have been many stories that have come close, but none that has surpassed the well orchestrated and extremely erotic tale of a teacher being dominated by her student. I read that story frequently. I do hope that Thumb can muster his/her health to finish the story.

Ladyvet
04-04-2002, 06:56 AM
Hi Rubbr,

I submitted "Waiting For Him To Come" today. I hope you'll enjoy it.

ladyvet

g42
04-04-2002, 11:24 AM
I used to carry a big wooden handle rubber spatula in high school, so it's sort of a long-term identity thing. A sly reference to my earliest BDSM musing... [/B]

LOL

I don't think I've ever used a spatula fr sex, although I wouldn't discount the possibility. :P

A friend of mine bought me some mini spatulas for my birthday and I put them in my hair. I wonder if the other kids at school invented any sexual connotations? heh

Parker
04-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Rubbr:

Thanks for your comments. It's been a long while since the Parker stories were written, but it's always nice to get positive feedback.

GaryWilcox
04-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Didn't realize the work was already done... DON'T TELL ME HOW MANY MORE THERE ARE! I'll start getting uncomfortable when I realize they've finished. Far better to leave me waiting by the mailbox for eternity.

:p

Faibhar
04-04-2002, 01:05 PM
One tends to echo Parker's sentiments that all constructive feedback is welcome. Facile thinking may contend that the posting of one's scribblings tends to be merely an ego trip, but that is not always the case.

Readers' reviews add more than the mere feeding of a writer's vanity- the feedback helps improve future production to benefit all.

Lauren
04-04-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the link, Rubbr! There are some very entertaining stories on Harden's site. I like his style to add the narrator's thoughts, fears and feelings to the actual plot. Some authors don't bother much about the characters' feelings and just write a chain of actions. But the characters' thoughts and emotions are the cornerstones of a good story (imho).

Lauren

GaryWilcox
04-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Lauren
Thanks for the link, Rubbr!

De nada. Glad I could share his work with someone. :)

Originally posted by Lauren
...the characters' thoughts and emotions are the cornerstones of a good story (imho).

Agreed. Most of the folks in my list are consistently good giving the reader perspective for all sides of the story... Rod is a master of "Show, don't tell."

EmmaLaura
04-05-2002, 04:44 AM
My favorite authors change daily, especially as authors vary in their content and storyline. However, three authors ALWAYS draw "a first to read" from me when they post: MrBondskin, Fabihar and Thundrshark.
Could someone please post the website of Kallie Thomas?

Thanks

Tiger
04-05-2002, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by RubbrSpatula
Didn't realize the work was already done... DON'T TELL ME HOW MANY MORE THERE ARE! I'll start getting uncomfortable when I realize they've finished. Far better to leave me waiting by the mailbox for eternity.

:p

Actually, Parker already sent all of his series to me, I just add them one by one. Sometime there are too many other stories in one update, I will postpone the posting of Parker's story. I don't want to flood readers with too many stories in one day. I won't tell you how many left, Rubbr ;) but there are definitely more:cool:

Llabmik
04-05-2002, 06:11 AM
I think the reader feedback is extremely valuable and agree with Faibhar (whose stories I greatly enjoy) that feedback improves the quality of the product and gives me story ideas as well as making me aware of the shortcomings in some of my previous stories. This site is excellent as you can see how many people at least looked at your story and which stories provoke more interest.

On a different note, I'm also glad that there are more Parker stories on the way as they're very well written.

Parker
04-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Apart from "Stacy's Senior Year", there are... oops, I just reread your post and realized that you did not want to know how many more were left. I've edited the post to take out the number.

Glad I caught that in time.

Faibhar
04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Thank yous to EmmaLaura and Llabmik for their generous comments.

And speaking of generous/story ideas...one hopes that the forum's designation of "junior member" relates to something other than an anatomical part.

GaryWilcox
04-05-2002, 04:57 PM
We come in all sizes.

As you see, I come in Master Chihuahua size.

dalpass
06-14-2002, 03:54 AM
I really enjoy Boccaccio's work. I was a big fan when I encountered his work in another (pay) site, so I think it is very fortunate that his stuff is being posted here as well. The story he posted recently, "Jade Pavillion II" is one of the best I have ever read anywhere (though I think the version he is posting is different from the original I downloaded in the other site). I'm surprised no one seems to be reading his stuff.

Tiger
06-17-2002, 04:16 PM
I think Boccaccio did at least some revising (if not rewriting) job before he sent the book I to me. BTW, where did you find his works (the pay site)?

boccaccio2000g
06-18-2002, 05:23 PM
I think Boccaccio did at least some revising (if not rewriting) job before he sent the book I to me. BTW, where did you find his works (the pay site)?
###############################

Fortunately Jade Pavilion II is an episodic story. As such it was not too difficult to interpolate an entirely new prologue and a completely new chapter seven into the main story. Each of the other chapters posted so far has at least minor revisions; others are much expanded, as will be the next set of chapters to be posted. And I have further new adventures in mind as the story unfolds. Hopefully those who may have seen the story before (on rppstories.com) will enjoy these new encounters between heartless villains of both sexes and the tantalizing young women who are ensnared in their web of cruelty.

Thanks to dalpass for his kind words and thanks to our moderator for his helpfulness and encouragement. And a special thanks to those who have reviewed my stories, and/or contacted me via e-mail, particularly Faibhar, who offered quite a number of helpful suggestions.

I'm sure I speak for almost all of the authors when I say that the best way for readers to insure a steady stream of good new stories, is to offer encouragement and constructive criticism to those who spend long hours writing them.

Faibhar
06-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Thanks to Boccaccio for his fine comments on our past writings. While I cannot say that I have read all of his work, what I have has shown itself to be crafted by a fine intellect and wordsmith.

What Boccaccio had the good grace not to mention in his post here was my expressed pessimism over the likelihood of his stories acceptance in this venue. Obviously wrong, again drat it!

Earlier comments to this forum of other readers' appreciation of Boccaccio must be not only gratifying, but also, richly deserved fruits of a fine writer's toils.

F.

veru_skjava
06-30-2002, 10:54 AM
MMMMMM...........

i check routinely for updates, always scanning authors first, i specifically search for, Fire Bird, Faibar, JG Leathers, Parker, Pheonix RFTA, Powerone......

from there i love to read other authors, and choose by codes... love mc, nc, torture, as a search criteria....

have started making note of several other authors, however those listed are automatic must reads...

thanks for the fantastic ability to maintain such an interest...

veru skjava

Tiger
06-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by veru_skjava
MMMMMM...........

i check routinely for updates, always scanning authors first, i specifically search for, Fire Bird, Faibar, JG Leathers, Parker, Pheonix RFTA, Powerone......

Well, FYI, there is a new story by Faibhar and hopefully we will see the rest of that story soon. I don't know if Parker is stilling writing now (probably not), but all his works are listed on this site.

mr.everything
02-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi, first i want to say hello to everyone who read this forum, because its my first reply here. I`ve managed to read about 70- 100 stories and i must say, i liked Powerone stories really (Rebecca in the psychatric hospital rules).
There is also a mysterious author (maybe for me only) - Frank Watson, who wrote onle one story: "Chateau Noir", but i can say that it is the best story i`ve ever read. Well, im a newbie, so if anyone know more stories from F.W please post it here. Greetings to everyone here!

bdsmbill
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, I can tell you that there are very few implements more effective for CBT than a rubber bowl scraper type spatula.

Originally posted by g42
LOL

I don't think I've ever used a spatula fr sex, although I wouldn't discount the possibility. :P

A friend of mine bought me some mini spatulas for my birthday and I put them in my hair. I wonder if the other kids at school invented any sexual connotations? heh

BruceBoxer
02-19-2003, 05:05 PM
I always enjoy Faibhar's writing--a lot of research goes into it obviously. Appreciate it mate!
Boxer

emmaadmirer
03-04-2003, 09:39 PM
As I am tired already I would like to recommend the story: The Degradation of Tricia. But my favorite author (forever I guess) is Emma no Knickers - she is my heroine! Please read the pool sequence and tell me different (and inform me if I should change my name into better-avoid-to-speak-english-you-silly-girl)
Hope someone will tell me off (hopefully not because of my english).
P.S.: waiting to be spanked by the guy above me (looking at the avatars)

Faibhar
03-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Suffice to say, it is both flattering and satisfying to receive such warm words from the gifted Mr. Bruce Boxer, himself an entertaining writer.

BTW, how do you guys make/get those snazzy avatars anyway?

BruceBoxer
03-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Faibhar
Suffice to say, it is both flattering and satisfying to receive such warm words from the gifted Mr. Bruce Boxer, himself an entertaining writer.

BTW, how do you guys make/get those snazzy avatars anyway?

Again respected words from my literary hero--thanks mate. The avatars can be compiled from many sources if you have some kind of graphic software that you can maniputale. If you're not interested, have the time or desire to go thru all the caniptions to do so, I'd be pleased to assist. Give me an idea of how you'd like to be represented and I'll send you some samples until we get it right.
Cheers,
Boxer

Faibhar
03-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Well indeed! Though the mantle of "literary hero" is appreciated, I can't comfortably accept...though one will, of course...

Thanx for the word of "avatars". By graphics software do you mean stuff like image software, e.g., Adobe's P.E.?

You have given much to consider. Toss one on the barbie (sp?) for me.