PDA

View Full Version : Music in a Scene

Havensov
10-06-2006, 07:36 AM
:idea: Sorry to start so many threads in my first days, but I love getting conversations started.

What kind of music do you play, if any, during a scene?

For me I stick to hard rock, alternative, and metal (Romshtin (SP?), Lords of a\Acid, Matallica) lightly playing in the background for bondage and discipline scenes. But I have been known to use it also to throw my sub off. Ex. When she is tied to the wall blindfolded and gagged to play something humorous (Asshole by Denis Lerry) and intersperse spanking, oral stimulation, breast and nipple torture etc. She has said that is can really throw her for a roller coaster when one moment she in laughing inside and then the next she feels the hard smack on her ass.

Just my thoughts, what are yours?

SheepishJaina
10-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Don't feel sorry for starting so many threads!

I've never done a scene with music in the background. However it is something that you've now got me curious about!

_ID_
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Ahhh music..... I love music! For me, I use music during a scene as a tool, just as much as I use a crop flogger, or rope is a tool. I use music to help the submissive better feel what the scene should be like. I use songs that are intense in rythm and have a good base beat. I use a music system that will at least play that beat. A one speaker CD player just wont cut it.

I can go with Rammstein, however other artists also go well in a scene. Mostly I use industrial techo remix makes of different songs. I also intertwine some mellow music.

Artists include but not limited to

Rammstein, E nomine, Schiller, Launa Coil, Rob Zombie, DJ Testo, DJ Sammy, Tracks from Phantom of the Opera, Enya and Enigma.

My favorite has to be E Nomine Schiller and Rammstein. All German artiists, but the arrangement of the music is such that I just love how it plays out during a scene.

When arranging the songs on a CD or playlist for playing out on a decent speaker system on the computer. I arrange the songs so they start out mellow, and then pick up speed and intensity. I use the beat of the music as my guide, matching stroke for stroke of the flogger cane whip or whatever to the beat. When doing bondage I use a more mellow musical arrangement such as Schiller, Enya or Enigma.

Great thread!

V/R
ID

Timberwolf
10-06-2006, 09:17 AM
My woman and I have fairly similar music tastes which is very nice. We both like heavier music for this sort of thing. As she put it "Forget the ballads, I want something I can FUCK to". Heh. Lucky me. :D

Rammstein is just tremendous for this sort of thing. One of my favourite bands of all time, and if for some reason I had to pick only one band to use for BDSM scening, that would be the one. Also personally, little gets me going quite like Black Sabbath's "NIB".

shins
10-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Tool. Nuff said, lol. Their ability to mix extremely heavy and soft music within each song provides just the intensity and cooldcown needed for our scenes. It funny when we've just listened through a heavy part, both of us abit short of breath, soothing angel in her new tender spots while the softer music is playing and then to hear her whimper when she realizes the tempo is about to pick up again. >:) Not to mention the lyrics provided by the Great Reverend Maynard James Keenen...

slave327-834-200
10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I love having music in the background all the time in my life so it is no different when playing a scene. Master has a love of classical music and seeing as he knows before hand what we are going to be doing its no surprise he has picked the right peice for our play!

mina
10-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Recently we've discovered that the song "Temple Of The Black Pharaoh" by Nox Arcana is fucking godly for the "darker" activities we do. It's a dark Egyptian sounding song with a great steady beat and a sort of hushed chanting in the middle of it... oh my god it's so sexy!!! I can't even listen to it anymore without getting totally horny.

Metal is great too. Two words: Dimmu Borgir. He prefers "Sorgens Kammer Del II" which is sexy but I like "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse" waaaaay more. Vortex's clean vocals... mmm. Oh yeah and "Lord Abortion" by Cradle Of Filth is still our favorite... that song is fucking savage. "The spasm of orgasm on a rolllllllllll!!!!!"

vistana
10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Apocalyptica is a great group for an intense scene - Heavy music, done with cellos. Their 'Hall of the Mountain King' is just a scary song.

I also love groups like nightwish, other gothic metal groups...
Or something totally incongruous, like bad 90s pop, or a mellow folk singer, just to keep things interesting :)

Putnamcocpl
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Ahh Yes, Music to calm the Savage Beast... Or Entice it.. I couldnt agree more with ID.. We have a shelf system in our bedroom, for two reasons, Mood music, and it helps cover the noises in case the kiddies should awaken during the night...

I recently hit on a new idea that We tried out the last time we had a session. I took a pair of headphones with her favorite music, and add them after the blindfold (sensory deprivation?). The new dimension was a definate plus. Because she couldnt hear anything outside the headphones She jumped when touched (SURPRISE!!) and never knew which side I was on, or where the next sensation was coming from.

Now on to the theme of this thread...

Depending on the mood..
Classical - Bolero, The firebird suite

Beyond that :KISS, AC\DC, Metallica, Preist, Type O Negative, Disturbed,

As I said depends on the mood... Still adding new songs to the "playlist"

Satan
10-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Beyond that :KISS, AC\DC, Metallica, Preist, Type O Negative, Disturbed,

metallicaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mina
10-14-2006, 01:54 AM
lol, I think Satan's trying to say he likes Metallica too.

I am a fan of ze Metallica boyz 2. Metallica makes me horny lol. James Hetfield's voiceeeeeee yesssssssssss. And their guitar is just sexy as fuck. I LOVE the second riff in Orion... and the solos in Disposable Heroes and RIDE THE LIGHTNING, mmm.

And I'm all for songs that shout "DIE! By my hands!" in it, hehe.
Ohh and "Come crawling faster... obey your Master."

So what Metallica songs do you have on your playlist, Putnamcocpl?

TomOfSweden
10-14-2006, 02:07 AM
What ever works for the sub. Personally music is not all that important to me. Sure I like music, but it's not "my life". All subs I've met so far have had strong opinions on music so it hasn't been a problem. And with pandora.com I don't even have to care about having the music at home.

_ID_
10-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Ok, Pandora is a freaking gem music find!!!! Thanks for the link Tom!

V/R
ID

~hellish one~
10-14-2006, 10:08 AM
oh wow i could make a loooong list here but i'll just mention some of my favorites! (some of which have already been mentioned!)

NIN always tops my list. hearing Trent say he wants to fuck me like an animal...~shivers~ it just does things to me! hell, with his voice, he could probably be saying he wants to do my taxes and i would get turned on.

Type O Negative (Bloody Kisses is the best), anything from the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, Manson, The Doors, CCR, The Killers (for those softer moments), Nirvana, Disturbed, Korn...to name a few.