PDA

View Full Version : swaying...

àiteag
10-09-2006, 11:42 PM
i guess this is where i would put this -smiles softly- for awhile now i've been swaying in how i feel about bdsm, mostly in thinking about taking it into r/t, which i want to do. like met the group in my area and such. so... um.. help? :confused:

....sometimes i hate being a girl -makes her mess of emotions about it behave....-

Talia
10-10-2006, 02:51 AM
Well, I can understand the swaying emotions of going r/l r/t. I struggled with that and decided it IS something I want and need in my life. I still struggle with that sometimes. Not that I would ever go back to a vanilla relationship, but sometimes, I wonder if being a slave is practical. Then I remember how centered and at peace I am as a slave and all thoughts of not being a slave fade.

It's a thought you will struggle with at various points in your life. Re-evaluate every now and then and make sure you are getting what you need and want from the relationship. There's nothing wrong in that. If we didn't waver, then we wouldn't be human. Just go with what's in your heart.....the rest will solve itself.

Good luck

Talia

Tojo
10-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Well if you'd like my opinion- I spent more than 20 years trying to ignore my B&D urges. Until I finally found peace in wanting to become a Dom.

Like many of us, I'd have a nice collection of magazines & toys- feel disgusted with the whole thing & throw them away.

As with most things in life, bondage & D/s is a journey of self-discovery. To have the courage to be a part of this kind of caring community would sure help.

All I can say is don't rush into things, & do as I tell my girls 'notice how it feels.'

Oh & my own personal discovery- this is about ME, not about someone elses rules!

You listen to those emotions àiteag- they are what this is all about. :)

Tojo

angelfreak
10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Like many of us, I'd have a nice collection of magazines & toys- feel disgusted with the whole thing & throw them away.

Heh, I thought I was the only one who'd do this. *sheepish grin*

àiteag, I can somewhat understand the wavering. I did it myself, knowing it was something I needed and wanted, but wondering if I could honestly do it. I still wonder sometimes if this is the way I truly want to spend the rest of my life. Then I look at my Master, think on all the fantastic ways he's helped me, and the awesome experiences I've had with him and all the wondering and questions fade away. What I'm left with is the peace and assurance that I am, without a doubt, where I'm supposed to be. :)

RickBulow74
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
In a sense, I feel like I am in the same boat as aiteag. I mostly have VT (aka online) experience and want to go RT with it, but at the same time I also feel that I should keep it to myself so as not to be labeled a "freak" since my area is one of the most conservative areas in Florida. (Only 4 strip clubs and limited sex stores.

àiteag
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
-smiles softly- i thank everyone for replying, i'm relieved that this "swaying" seems to be normal.