PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think

mkemse
10-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Last Night, (October 12,2006) I caught a show on CNBC I believe it was with Donny Deutch, owner of the Largest Advertising Agency In the United States, on his show "The Big Idea"
His guest was Donlad Trump, they talk about everything but then Donald was asked to critgue Presdient Bush, as the CEO of the largest Company in the world, The United Stated
"The Donald said among other things that "The war in Iraw is a complete mess and failure, we wil never win it and no matter how long we stay we will never achieve our goal"
Donny asked him, if he was President what he would do, Trump's reply was "I would annouce we have won the war, and withdrawl our troops" and claim victory", Trump also mentionedthat as bad as Saddam was, unlike now, Iraq was NOT a breeding ground for Terrorists as it is now
They also metioned and not made public that Congress has approved $20 million, to have a victory party, when our troops do come home"
Trump also said we are spending way to much money, and troops in Iraq, that all the money and War Power should have been directed to Afganistan, were the war is going on
As Trump put it, "They Iraq never had WMD, it was proven they di not yet we still had to go there, and who ever takes over Iraq will make Saddam Hussein look like a baby"
My question is, what do readers think of what Trump said last night?? He said the primary reason forthe miserable failre in Iraq is that Bush does not have good people around him, as he putit"In any business, if you do not have good people aroundyou you will not succeed" I am taking taking a pro or con stand on what TRump said but would be curious as to what others say
Thanks

Warbaby1943
10-13-2006, 08:18 AM
I think a lot of what the Donald said sounds reasonable. However, if he wanted to have good people in his company, why has he surrounded himself with his offsprings and gotten rid of Carolyn? Can they be that much better qualified? I'm certain the Donald would only make decisions based on qualifications so the President should follow all his advise. Yeah!!!

mkemse
10-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I appriciate your reply
As I understand it, Carol left his employ because she and Donald did not see eye to eye on most things and it had been brewing for years and it just became more obvious I guess to to her appearance on his show, and if he did not have is TV Show nodoby would know, plus she is a "HOTTIE" and alot of viewers turned in to see her and not watch the show itself
As far a George goes, he wanted off the show to spend mnore time with his family, grand childrem ect, he was not fired, he asked to leave the show as I understand it, please correct me if i am wrongo n either of these, but apparently Donald and Caorl had not gotten along for quite a while and it simply finaly boiled over, she will not have any truoble getting a new job and other projects
My other guess is that he brought his kids on the show not only as nepitism, but also as a way to cut costs, i am sure he is not going pay Ivanka or Donald Jr. anywere near what George and Carol got
Donald also mentioned that Condi Rice is worthless, he said "All she does is go from country to contry but never offers any solutions or suggestions to issues"
It is also possible that Trump may be a die hard Democrat, not sure at all on this
The jist of what Trump said was "We had no plan when we went into Iraq, we have no plan now 3 years later, we keep losing human lives of American's something has to be done now, it will only get worse not better"

Warbaby1943
10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
The jist of what Trump said was "We had no plan when we went into Iraq, we have no plan now 3 years later, we keep losing human lives of American's something has to be done now, it will only get worse not better"

Though, and I even hate to admit it, I voted for Bush, I agree with the above statement. I am probably brainwashed because I do believe it is far better to keep the fighting over there. However, I'm not stupid enough to know that will not happen. I fear for the younger generations with all the terrorism in the world today.

I never did like the idea of Rice being her position. I kind o have to agree with him on that too. We do need a better plan. Where are Powell and Schwarzkoph when we need them?

mkemse
10-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Actualy, it was or invasion of Iraw that made Colin Powel leave, he disagreed so much with Bush on it, he resigned as far as Norman goes, too old to servce as commander of the forces at this point
We need someone with a long history of success as Secratary Of State, for the firsr timei n a while, let's find someone who is qualified and let their politcal views be a second issue now, we need someone who knowS what they are donig and not just because they were part ofthe Cabinet
Even Clinton, where you liked him or not, choice people for his cabinet based on qulifiactions, I believe one of his cabinet members was a Repbilican, and asked why Clinton said at the time "He is qualified for the job and not because of his or her politcal affiliations
BTW, I know alot of people who voted for Bush, and they have told me, they will neevr make that kind of mistake again, not voitnig for Bush but not voting for someone due soley to their polictical ties
Also, if you look back over history, NO INCUMBENT President, regardless of their approve or disapproval ratings has ever been voted out of office while we were at War, which may explain the only reason Bush is still in office, if this fact is correect
Again, thanks for taking the time to repond to this thread

Warbaby1943
10-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Actualy, it was or invasion of Iraw that made Colin Powel leave, he disagreed so much with Bush on it, he resigned as far as Norman goes, too old to servce as commander of the forces at this point
We need someone with a long history of success as Secratary Of State, for the firsr timei n a while, let's find someone who is qualified and let their politcal views be a second issue now, we need someone who knowS what they are donig and not just because they were part ofthe Cabinet

Actually I was only using those names as an example of the type of person we need to Get 'r done and get our boys home.

mkemse
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I do not believe our President has the slightest idea what he is doing in Iraq, the Sunni's are fihting the Shite's who are fight insurgents and yet OUR governement rufeses to acknowledge a Civil War there? if thisisn't one what is??