PDA

View Full Version : Night fall

Uncle_Ed
10-17-2006, 06:37 AM
She stretched her wings one summer's day and flew alone.
All cares forgotten; all pains subsided she soared above the void.
She kept her eyes fixed firmly on heaven and severed the cord that had bound her to the dark earth.
Her hair streamed behind her and she screamed in ecstasy.
Her wings beating up a furious tempest she climbed to the deep purple heights where her lungs strained for air.
She poised there for several wild beats of her heart before slipping sideways and falling, falling, falling.
The hunter grinned to see her fall.
The singer sang a song to call.
The poet scowled to witness flight.
And so began the year-long night.

What the hell is this? Damned if I know...

frankee
10-17-2006, 09:31 AM
i absolutely loved that Ed!

Echoes
10-18-2006, 06:50 AM
have to love those poems that come out leaving you wondering why you wrote it or it's meaning, but the poem paints beauty, joy, peace, trust, a choice and different views leaving us wondering the outcome. Thank you.

Warbaby1943
10-18-2006, 07:30 AM
All cares forgotten; all pains subsided she soared above the void.
She kept her eyes fixed firmly on heaven and severed the cord that had bound her to the dark earth.

Good one, Ed. I'd especially like to know how to do this at times.

Talia
10-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Well, I like this poem. This poem mirrors so many lives. Your intuition is amazing Uncle Ed.

cariad
11-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Smiles softly, yes Uncle, I know what it means, at least to me, and thank you for sharing.

cariad

moptop
11-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't know what it means, but it is beautiful. I particularly love the change of rythm at the end - it feels quite menacing, actually, or certainly sombre, the fall such a contrast to the freedom of the flight. And I'm left wonderinig, does she fall? where? or does she swoop and fly again? It's lovely, anyway - thank you, Ed.