PDA

View Full Version : shaving

red~vixen
10-26-2003, 05:08 PM
This is a question for all of the lovely ladies out there. I have begun to shave my sex completely for various reasons, however it seems that the next day, the soft, sensitive, velvety smooth pink sex undergoes a configuration and turns into a monster that looks like it spent the evening in an ant bed. I have heard various things to remedy this, washing the area immediately after shaving in hot water and anti-bacterial soap, and even using anti-persperant deoderant on the affected skin. These things seem to help a bit, but are not a complete remedy. Any suggestions from you shaven beauties would be greatly appreciated.

~red

redEva
10-26-2003, 07:36 PM
keep doing it every day - skin gets used to it and it goes away - i swear :)

woodsman'sgame
10-26-2003, 08:18 PM
The lotion bikini plus and the generic equivalents help too. But Like redEva said, the more you do it the better it is. Also,
shave with the grain not against it until you get used to shaving.

Faibhar
10-27-2003, 08:09 AM
Many a maturing woman seems to develope small vertical wrinkles just under her nose and "crinkling" along her upper lip because they typically do not shave there every day.

Men regardless of age who shave regularly do not have this problem as shaving removes, with whiskers, an upper level of epidermis and keeps that area wrinkle-free.

If this same principle applies to female genitalia one more educated than I might have the answer. Still, it's worth considering given the two quotes by redEva and woodman's game:

Keep doing it every day and
The more you do it the better it is

e.e. norcod
10-27-2003, 08:44 AM
Aha, now you know how my chin feels and why I wore a beard from the learly 70's to the early 90's.

On a practical front, there are many patents issued for "razor burn" formulations and a multitude of products to treat it. For the ordinary red dots form of razor burn any number of cosmetic products offer some relief. The one's with a high Aloe content (read the contents part of the label) and/or alpha hydroxy acids (e.g. lactic acid, propionic acid) probably work best. If tiny little white superficial pimples form a benzoyl peroxide ointment (e.g. Clearasil) works best.

Razor burn is a combination of mechanical irritation of what is called the pilosebacous unit (the combination of the hair follicle and the attached sebaceous gland). When the hair is tugged, the sebaceous gland is stimulated to produce more sebum. In most cases the tunnel through which the hair shaft passes (the infundibulum) gets inflammed and because of the inflammation, super sensitive. A mild topical anti-inflammatory (like Aloe) helps releave this. In some cases, skin bacteria (staphylcocci) grow a little faster in this irritated epidermis. The benzoyl peroxide kills the staph. You may also want to minimize the number of bacteria on your razor by soaking it for 15 minutes or so after use in rubbing alcohol (one of the few things rubbing alcohol is good for). Use a shaving cream or gel designed to prevent razor burn. Afterwards, Chanel's "Allure - Homme" aftershave cream works about the best.

The best animal model for razor burn is the guinea pig which has a skin structure kind of like human chin skin.

If you have sensitive skin, absolutely avoid shaving plus depiliants (like Nare).

Yes there is "accomodation" with repeated shaving. This is due to a thickening of the outer portion of the skin (the epidermis) particularly the epidermis that lines the follicular infundibulum. However, not all people develope accomodation. My impression is that blonds have more trouble accomodating but I have seen a dozen or so dark-haired individuals who have terrible razor burn.

Why there are differences between the sides of men's faces & jowls and their chins I do not know. Why women's legs are less susceptible to razor burn than their nether regions I do not know. And why there is so much person to person variation in razor burn I also do not know.

Probably the best high Aloe content lotion on the market is "Aloe Re-leaf Body Lotion" which is sold mostly in the Rio Grande valley. Unfortunately they are not marketed nationally. They have a web site (www.aloereleaf.com) and when they have excess production you can direct purchase from them.

Also good is "Dermaide" cream manufactured by Hagstrom in Palos Hill, Ill. This is even harder to get than "Aloe Re-leaf". Unfortunately, "Dermaide" has a relatively ancient vehicle formula. This means that although it is a vanishing cream, it is formulated with lanolin and mineral oil and shorter chain alcohols. Therefore it is oilier than the "Aloe Re-leaf".

Hope this will be of help. Yours from the fascinating world of skin irritation. Don't try this on your guinea pig without a valid Animal Care and Utilization Committee approval or you may be in violation of Federal Law.

Faibhar
10-27-2003, 09:04 AM
I defer to e.e.norcod's medical slant, though remain curious, about any connection between the COD part and cod pieces. At any rate, facial hair on men for various decades was fashionable and e.e.norcod's post also offers sound practicality to fashion.

As to the difference he mentions between male jowls and their chins, could it simply be a difference in hair/bristle pattern growth?

A simple layperson wants to know, if for no other reason than personal grooming.

e.e. norcod
10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Good Question

There is a scientific serial (monthly journal) called the Journal of Investigative Dermatology where learned Japanese argue endlessly over these points. They generally base their arguments on experiments in inbred mice using DNA probes. Their skills in written English cause me to turn to writing erotic corporal punishment fantasy to preserve my insanity. Every time I think I understand the reaction of skin to a noxious stimulus something comes along that convinces me I know less than I did twenty five years ago.

On the other hand, the point about anti-perspirants is always worth remembering. Tied into the human pilosebaceous system is the human apocrine sweat system. Our sweat glands are unlike almost anything else in the animal kingdom. Some forms of razor burn (male and female) are horribly exacerbated in hot weather and/or by excercise. Some of these forms respond to anti persperants in a way that I have never understood the rhyme or reason of. Women who sweat more tend to have more problems with folliculitities. Lastly, I swear that women have a broader range of folliculitities than men. So although we men pride ourselves on our razor burn we probably have no real reason to brag.

MrJerseyGuy
10-28-2003, 08:13 AM
We use a creme called "VEET". It works really well and there is minimal discomfort.

slave alexander
10-28-2003, 05:19 PM
I found that the best method of avoiding the morning after rash after shaving downstairs is using a sugar scrub.

I heard the report about using a stick deoderant, mainly to prevent ingrowing hairs, so tried it for a few weeks, it seemed to help but I still had the red rash.

Then I saw Martha Stewart, bless her insider trading socks, who gave out a recipe for a Sugar scrub. Basically some good sugar (Sugar in the Raw), grapseed oil, a bit of glycerin and then some smelly oil of your choice for flavour... Use it after shaving, ideally in the shower with warm water, rub it on the shaven area and anywhere else you fancy as you're effectively exfoliating that area, then rince off.
Only dab yourself dry afterwards as the grapeseed oil and glycerin leave a slighty oily residue which given a little time is absorbed, leaving you baby butt smooth.
Due to the exfoliation and the moisturising effects of the scrub you should (and I was) waking up with no horrifc rashes.

Dont forget that after a few days or more itching will start just from the grow back.

Mobius
10-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by slave alexander
I found that the best method of avoiding the morning after rash after shaving downstairs is using a sugar scrub.

I heard the report about using a stick deoderant, mainly to prevent ingrowing hairs, so tried it for a few weeks, it seemed to help but I still had the red rash.

Then I saw Martha Stewart, bless her insider trading socks, who gave out a recipe for a Sugar scrub. Basically some good sugar (Sugar in the Raw), grapseed oil, a bit of glycerin and then some smelly oil of your choice for flavour... Use it after shaving, ideally in the shower with warm water, rub it on the shaven area and anywhere else you fancy as you're effectively exfoliating that area, then rince off.
Only dab yourself dry afterwards as the grapeseed oil and glycerin leave a slighty oily residue which given a little time is absorbed, leaving you baby butt smooth.
Due to the exfoliation and the moisturising effects of the scrub you should (and I was) waking up with no horrifc rashes.

Dont forget that after a few days or more itching will start just from the grow back.

Are you trying to ward off vampires or warewolf's with this concoction.

slave alexander
10-28-2003, 06:59 PM
LOL :D Ver funny...

If you take yourself of to Bath and Body works or something similar you'll see a selection of sugar and salt scrubs. I found that Martha Stewart ended up with a better recipe that didn't cost $25/lb .

e.e. norcod
10-29-2003, 07:41 AM
The stick deodorants help prevent the excess secretion by the sebaceous glands that contributes to inflammation of the pilosebaceous unit that is called "ingrown hairs". Hairs don't actually ingrow but the normal production of hair shaft becomes disordered in the follicular bulb. This nasty condition occurs most commonly on the inner thighs particularly when the area is repeatedly shaved or irritated by jogging.

The "salt and sugar" scrubs dehydrate the epidermis and upper dermis and help to drain the sebaceous glands. They would be very irritating if you do not replace the lipids in the epidermis with the oils. They tend to increase turnover of cells in the epidermis leading to a "plumper, fuller, wrinkle-free" skin. Kind of like a predecessor to the alpha hydroxy acids.

Keera
10-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Good Afternoon!

keera the mystery poster has struck!

i have tried deodarant and other stuff but i found the 2 best things to do. Keep shaving it, as it will eventually get better. and I have very sensitive skin and my pussy is no exception. /shudder at the thoughts of what Master has done down there. But i use baby oil. its cheap and very effective for me. plus it looks all shiny :P. Eventually it will look real pretty and you will love it!

-- keera --

e.e. norcod
10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
One of the oldest moisturizers in the world. but it still works. and it still sells!

kittenfemme
11-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Keera
i use baby oil. its cheap and very effective for me. plus it looks all shiny :P. Eventually it will look real pretty and you will love it!

From someone who has shaved her sex since high school, I agree. Fabulous advice Keera. I have sensitive skin as well and find that lotion often irritates the area.

What redEva and others mentioned is also true. After two or three weeks of shaving every day or every other day it will get better.

You may also find this (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227&highlight=shaving) thread useful.

Furthermore *slip into my nurse uniform*, Bacterial Vaginosis and many yeast infections usually start when something kills off nearly all bacteria in your vulva... such as taking internal antibiotics or douching with antibacterial soap. Essentially, the bacteria that are left after such a cleansing have no competition and multiply rapidly, creating infection. So I advise being careful with the antibacterial soap. Use it on the surrounding tissue but keep it away from your vulva.

red~vixen
11-03-2003, 05:47 PM
to everybody who took a moment to give their advice, it is invaluable. i have continued to shave at least every other day and as of yet, it continues to grow worse. the blade gliding over the already present bumps merely irritates it more, but persist i will. i'll give you guys an upday in a few weeks and let you know how it goes. who knows, maybe a picture might be in order, yes?

thanks again...

~red

Faibhar
11-04-2003, 07:05 AM
redEva you may wish, and bear in mind that this is just another one of those "suggestions", to lay off the shaving,especially if the irritation/bumps presist - sort of like...un/reloading a 'puter of cranky hard-software ?...and see what happens when you begin anew.

Best of luck.

Faibhar
11-04-2003, 07:06 AM
redEva (sorry-meant red~vixen) you may wish, and bear in mind that this is just another one of those "suggestions", to lay off the shaving,especially if the irritation/bumps presist - sort of like...un/reloading a 'puter of cranky hard-software ?...and see what happens when you begin anew.

Best of luck.

e.e. norcod
11-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Dear Red~vixen

Well, welcome to the wonderful world of Dermatology! As you can see any skin condition has a wide variety of responses. You have been given an enormous spectrum of prosprective treatments. I guess you will just have to try them one by one. Remember, everybody reacts slightly differently. Good luck.

If it is any consolation, I have been shaving my chin for forty + years and still get razor burn. You always have the option as brother F points out of laying off the razor.

burger_01
11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
anyone have experince with electrolysis?
permanent removal just sounds sooo much more convienient

redEva
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by burger_01
anyone have experince with electrolysis?
permanent removal just sounds sooo much more convienient

... and just a tad more expensive! try $1000-ts....!

burger_01
11-04-2003, 10:59 PM
oh err.. right, well no wonder we aren't discussing it here :)

Lil' peach
11-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by MrJerseyGuy
We use a creme called "VEET". It works really well and there is minimal discomfort.

Thanks for the tip, I tried the bikini VEET hair removal cream for sensitive skin and it really worked very well. I have very white fair skin and a lot of things irritate it so I was pleased to find something other than shaving which I find a bit of a chore. I didn't experience any irritation with this product.

Do you get the same itch on re-growth though?

Well, I'll report back!

Mobius
11-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by redEva
... and just a tad more expensive! try $1000-ts....!

How about Subtrolisus

A slave between your legs a light magnifier glass and a pair of tweesers. Ouch.

Not as expencive as electrolosis:)

Faibhar
11-08-2003, 08:34 AM
As bro. e.e. norcod (sort of like e.e.cummings?) mentions in his latest, you could always lay off the razor.
If you however persist in removing "unwanted" hair, many techiques have been mentioned, electrolisis being the most sophisticated and simple tweezers the least.

Lotions may provide the answer, being sure to first "test" against any allergic reaction, that the product is hypoallergenic, etc.

Best of luck to the adventursome.

xtreamgrace
11-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Like quite a few people said before, you simply have to get used to it. i also reccomend a lotion like Silicone Glove by Avon. It works wonders.

-k

Mobius
11-09-2003, 06:09 AM
on Thursday called "Hurting Earl"

Frankly I don't get off on the suffering of others when it is not erotic. And yes that includes the three stooges.

The point of the show was Earl was going to be filmed getting a bikini wax. Oh my god. is about what I could say.

The same lady that waxed Sandra Bullock waxed Earl's crouch and rear end. The blood curdling screams, the Horror. Supposedly to show what Women go through to make them selves look pretty for us men. Maybe that explains why there are so many hairy women around.

apparently it was enough he ended up with a cable show.

it showed the next epi was earl visiting a Dominatrix. Think I will pass on that one.

FX

Dari
12-06-2003, 04:39 AM
I guess I'll be the next one to complain about at leats irritated skin on my freshly shaven pussy. it's now been about 8 hours that I shaved (for the first time), and I guess I nearly used up half a tube of aftershaving lotion to keep the skin moist. But now I understand why some women always shave their nether regions :)

redEva
12-06-2003, 07:38 AM
If this is the first time ever you shaved there, it will be bad for few days, week or so. it takes time for skin to get used to this new treatment and irritation. and at the expense of possibly being gross in the beginning the pimples and enflamed skin is normal. I used lufa (yes it does hurt a bit) to help the hair break through the skin. I did not shave every day in the beginning – because it would be WAY to painful, but rather every 3 days or so. as the skin gets used to shaving, I started doing it more often until – now I can do it every day and it is part of routine.

Good luck Dari!

BruceBoxer
12-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Ah little red sweetie--here I was, having to work on a Saturday and concentrating on composing, and then I read about your naked twat and can't think of anything other than how it must be a joy to behold and fill to the brim with various engorged appendages after being thoroughly bathed in saliva and heated with whirling, probing tongue and nipped with teeth and lips...

Originally posted by redEva
If this is the first time ever you shaved there, it will be bad for few days, week or so. it takes time for skin to get used to this new treatment and irritation. and at the expense of possibly being gross in the beginning the pimples and enflamed skin is normal. I used lufa (yes it does hurt a bit) to help the hair break through the skin. I did not shave every day in the beginning – because it would be WAY to painful, but rather every 3 days or so. as the skin gets used to shaving, I started doing it more often until – now I can do it every day and it is part of routine.

Good luck Dari!

redEva
12-06-2003, 09:09 AM
and here I was thinking this is serious – advice thread! until the scrumptious images of being impaled on tripod took over … talking about thread being hijacked – anyhow sorry to hear you have to work, hope this helps ;)

Dari
12-06-2003, 08:26 PM
thank you for the supportive words, redEva, they'll surely get me through said week that I think of as a realistic estimation considering how my skin reacts. But to be true I feared that it would get worse, and maybe it still will, but for once it looks as if my skin that even reacts badly on some tanning creams just needs a little time to adjust. only some pimples and a bit of reddened skin, and oversensitivity for me right now

pussy_cat
08-23-2004, 02:00 PM
i exfoliate every day using a loofa, and it works well. i also use zinc oxide ointment (over-the-counter) after showering.

Mobius
08-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I heard from reliable sources that if you shave with Vaseline and shave across the grain you will have good results. Don't know if it works but that is what the playmates do. At least that is what they said on playboy radio.

DiamondMuse
08-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Master Thndrshrk recently ordered me to begin shaving my pussy. I've never done it before and it ends up with a prickly stubble that I can't get rid of. Anyone have any tips on how to make the hair softer and my skin smoother so I don't get that awful stubble?

BDSM_Tourguide
08-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Master Thndrshrk recently ordered me to begin shaving my pussy. I've never done it before and it ends up with a prickly stubble that I can't get rid of. Anyone have any tips on how to make the hair softer and my skin smoother so I don't get that awful stubble?

Check the other shaving thread. It starts with a capital S. LOL

DiamondMuse
08-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Well, I didn't see anything there that addresses my personal problem...so again, if anyone can recommend anything, that'd be great.