PDA

View Full Version : Looking after Sir's girl

Sir_G
10-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Saw the following on leathernroses.com would be interested in your opinions. It is primarily directed at a Master/slave relationship but I think it also could be applied to a D/s relationship. I added the "submissive" where appropriate, also "Sir".

It is also aimed at R/L to but I think as applicable in an online environment too.

A good submissive/slave has to think about her shape and appearance. A Master/Sir should know without question that his submissive/slave is taking good care of his property. She should care for herself in a way that she will last a long time (haven't met a submissive/slave yet that came with a decent warranty). She should not abuse his other property, caring not to break a dish or plate, making sure his car has oil, his clothes are clean, his home is clean and on and on. When she cares for herself and her Master/Sir she should make sure each gets a proper diet and exercise. Just because he loves biscuits and gravy doesn't mean he should eat it everyday. Being overweight or underweight are both harmful in the long run. So care must be taken to provide healthy meals and a healthy environment. He may fight you on making doctors appointments for him but it is necessary. Make one for yourself also! You can't care for a Master properly if you are not healthy and he sure can't care for you.

Look forward to your comments.

slaveanita
10-31-2006, 02:56 AM
I agree about the healthy eating bit. Not sure making doctors appointments on each others behalf is helpful though. My master has taken some control of my fitness schedule. He instructs me on how far to run, that kind of thing. I find it pushes me further than I would have otherwise gone. In that respect, he is improving my health. He also dosen't let me eat a lot of crap, which is also good. It's an excellent way to be controlled as it's so healthy, and when you really want a piece of chocolate it can be denied to you or given, depending on your Master's wishes. Consider that all you chocoholics out there!

My Master is very healthy anyway. If he wasn't, I'm not sure what I'd do. Possibly I wouldn't be with him because it's important to me to be fit and healthy. I wouldn't feel at all happy controlling his diet, it should be the other way around.

lily27
10-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Was this the topic of the last Dom Club meeting or something?

I just got this very lecture. Apparently "coffee" is not an appropriate response to "what did you eat for breakfast?"

I agree though. I am entrusted in care of his property, and need to take care of it.

*goes off to make oatmeal*

Timberwolf
10-31-2006, 09:24 AM
So long as the Dom/Domme makes the same commitment to fitness that they demand of a sub I don't see any issues with that.

slaveanita
10-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I just got this very lecture. Apparently "coffee" is not an appropriate response to "what did you eat for breakfast?"

LOL. It frequently is for me too, and yes, I have also been reprimanded for that! It's brown, it's good, it's a meal!

Sir_G
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Some interesting comments there lovely ladies and Timber.

I fully agree that it is important for Master/Sir to make the same commitment and would recommend a visit to a naturopath or similiar practitioner for advice on dietry and health issues.

Mack_Bolan{lily}
10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
I fully agree with the sentiment posted above. Far too often when we get into relationships in R/L or online when the initial gloss has worn off, it is far too easy to let things go and get fat and lazy.

I know I enjoy having a lovely lady on my arm when i walk down the street, and also love the envious looks I draw from other men when my girl looks her best for me. Relationships must be worked at and keeping oneself looking good and staying healthy is a big part of that.

So yes, lily, a cup of coffee is not an acceptable answer when I ask you what you had for breakfast. Also a treadmill for you and Sheldon will keep you out of that nasty Canadian winter.

cadence
10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I am so glad with everyone's responses to this. My freinds would beg to differ on this point. They are in the agreement that if you have a strong relationship it will not matter in the long term what you end up looking like. I am the opposite. I need to maintain my weight, my mind, and my looks. If I go astray, I will be reminded to start into a better routine of exercise, eating healthier, reading books and practicing my music.
I see no wrong in staying fit, healthy and smart for my significant other.

Timberwolf
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
If I was honest, out of mind, body, or soul I would rank body third on that list, but all the same it a partner were to ask me to do more to keep my body in shape it's still something certainly worth talking about. Maybe even if situations allow working on it together.

Psynymph
11-01-2006, 08:30 PM
well submission is about pleasing the Dominant.....

i maintain my looks according to my Dominants likes/dislikes. i want Him to be proud of me. As Mack said....i can tell when He's proud to have me on His arm....and that's the best feeling in the world.

Oh course brains and personality come first but just as you do a puzzle to excersise your brain....you must also run the treadmill to keep those legs in the best working order.

but it should certainly go both ways. i would get resentful if i was expected to run a mile everyday and maintain a certain weight but Master was at home, eating donuts, unable to button His pants.

mina
11-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I dunno why but I found it kind of funny. It makes the Master seem sooo lazy, that he can't even look after his own diet and fitness level for himself. How the heck can someone take control over another's life if he can't even take care of himself over little things like eating and exercise?

I wouldn't feel at all happy controlling his diet, it should be the other way around.

I agree! For us, since I am his property it's him who makes sure I'm healthy. He controls what I eat and when I eat. I can't even imagine trying to come up with a diet for him lol He's obsessed with exercise and crap anyway so he knows much better than I do what he needs to eat!

Now if you were in an online relationship then I can see why it'd be important for the sub to watch what they eat, since the Master isn't physically there to stop you from shoving cupcakes in your face lol.

And yes I think it's important to look your best for your partner and stay healthy for each other.

slaveanita
11-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Timber, on the mind, body, soul point - I think they are all inseperably related. You let one slip and the others suffer, I don't think it's possible to rank them at anything other than equal. If I get fit, I feel better and my mind is sharper; and vice versa.

I too want to look my best. There's nothing better than knowing your Master is looking at you when you are at your best, or that he is proud to show you off, makes all the hard work worthwhile.

The 'I'm in a strong relationship so I can let myself go' idea is inherently flawed and lazy; although I don't think anyone actually does it consciously. Rather, you have to consciously focus on NOT doing that, it's the first step towards yor relationship getting tired and taken for granted when you get slack about things. I often have minor lapses but he's good at keeping me on track, that's what a good Master should do I think.

It's funny because you always see these dieting tips and weight loss plans in magazines. The simple answer is, get a Dominant! Find someone who will punish you when you eat too much and don't exercise and reward you when you do. It works like a charm! *Starts writing off to Weight Watchers*