PDA

View Full Version : Phantome's Entry, October 2006

Phantome
10-31-2006, 12:56 PM
Well, leave it to me to get in on the very last day! This photo is entitled "The Journey Begins...." It has a lot of meaning to me, and is full of symbolism that represents my life in many ways. Personally, I like beginnings much better than endings, but they usually go hand-in-hand, so I've represented both in my photograph.

I am graduating from college soon; the closing of my college career and the beginning of my career as a music teacher is encompassing my life. I have huge dreams and aspirations, but as the fortune says, it all starts with a single step. I mourn the close of this chapter of my life, but I am eager for the next one. I am also getting married soon; my fiance and I have been together for nine wonderful years, and we are finally starting our new life together. We have grandiose, world-changing plans for our lives together, but it will all start with that first step down the aisle. It is also Autumn; the winding down of the season, the month, and the year, all in preparation for a new beginning come January. You can see the leaves changing color on the oak tree in the background.

I think this is one of my favorite photos that I've taken; not because it's incredibly artistic or a rare shot, but because it represents meaning to all aspects of life, for anyone who views it. It is optimistic, innocent, and hopeful, and kind of makes it seem like a little bit of change isn't so bad, after all. :o
-Phantome

SheepishJaina
10-31-2006, 01:11 PM
lovely entry! I did notice that you can see the reflection of someone in your thumb nail.

cariad
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, leave it to me to get in on the very last day!

You are ahead of me - have yet to get the camera out for this one.

It is a pictue I have enjoyed lingering over, and has that feeling of a snap shot in time.

cariad

Talia
10-31-2006, 10:04 PM
I do really like this one. Not only as the theme, but the message behind it. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Phantome
10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks, ladies. Hee hee- I should have put on some lotion or something- my thumb looks wrinkly. Oh, and Sheepish, it's actually my cat sitting in the window that is reflected in my thumb. He was quite adamant that he should be let out to help! :)
-Phan