PDA

View Full Version : Mid Term Elections

mkemse
11-01-2006, 06:54 AM
I am curious to see where some site members stand on the Mid Term Elections, this is obviously very UNSCIENTIFIC, but I would appreciate all opinions, I have set up as poll
Thanks

eve3
11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Voting is almost like 'the lesser of two evils' game. I will be voting for all the democrats that I can.

mkemse
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your reply

Warbaby1943
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Voting is almost like 'the lesser of two evils' game. I will be voting for all the democrats that I can.

eve3, this is scary. I find myself agreeing with you though I'm a registered Republican. I will not vote a straight ticket which, I assume, you meant when you all that you can. I can think of one Republican in a more local area that I would like to see keep his position. However, I think it is time to send another message to Washington for all the good it will actually do.

I should run for office because I could at least be honest and say I can be bought but it won't be cheap. Probably get elected too in this day and age. Maybe not, I guess honesty no longer means a whole hell of a lot, does it?

What does mid-term elections really mean to a lame duck president anyhow? His party should really be doing some fancy footwork though.

Awful scary when Michigan and Ohio agrees, don't you think.

Did I miss the poll?

mkemse
11-01-2006, 09:24 AM
When I posted the this comment i set up a poll, i have no idea where it went unless I can redo it and do the poll over again

the questions in the poll were

1. Leave Congress as is

2. Let the Democrats Control the House

3. Let the Democorats control the Senate

4. Let the Democrats Control both house to keep a check on The President

5. I do not care about politics or do not live inthe United States, it makes no difference to me

I realize also that Bush will be a Lame Duck President, I also believe that not only do most people want change, but withthe Democrats in Congrsss, the will have the votes and power to get answers from the White House American's want, right now, Congress appears to be a rubber stamp for him

if anyone has seen the polll or know how i can repost ti please let me know

Warbaby1943
11-01-2006, 09:28 AM
When I posted the this comment i set up a poll, i have no idea where it went unless I can redo it and do the poll over again

1. Leave Congress as is

5. I do not care about politics or do not live inthe United States, it makes no difference to me

I realize also that Bush will be a Lame Duck President, I also believe that not only do most people want change, but withthe Democrats in Congrsss, the will have the votes and power to get answers from the White House American's want, right now, Congress appears to be a rubber stamp for him

I tried one time to set up a poll and it didn't work I didn't put the Instruction id the header area or whatever it is called and I had to make a new thread to correct my mistake. Maybe that is similar to what you did. I had the poll but not the question at the top of it.

Ozme52
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I say, let's leave the legislature republican and get a democratic president next time.

Those are the circumstances under which the country prospers the most, get's things done internally for the least money, and butts out of world affairs except when we're asked.

mkemse
11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, 1 question for you

The Question then remains, do we want to"stay the course 2 more years with the country being controlled by the Republicans, in the White House as well and both Houses Of Congress, or do we want to use the "Checks and Balances" provision of the Constitution and have a Democratic Congress with a Republican President til 2008??

I do not believe the Democratic will have to much trouble winning back the White House in 2008, (unless they select a real bad candidate)
But what about now?? Do the Repbulicans continue to do it "their way" or do we switch to equal balance of control til 2008 and go from there??

miss duece
11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
i'm one of those annoying ass people that take a voters guide into the booth and spend nearly an hour voting. i read every single candidates profile and what they stand on certain issues then i vote. the league of women voter's website is also a great resource.

i know i'm younger than most voters, the age group that politicans often ignore, but i want to makes sure i vote with more knowledge than most. so i never voted straight ticket before. i vote across all party lines. i usually do early voting too because i hate lines and being told where to go to vote. this year, however, i've noticed myself voting for less than five republicans and the rest independents or democratics. i don't know why, i'm usually a more even voter, i guess i'm somewhat disgruntled or that most republicans and i don't agree on the same issues. because i'm not affliated with any politcal party however, my mailbox is currently being BOMBARDED with ads. so much hate out there...

sparkler
11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
And a special thanks to Mr. Kerry for sending his warm and fuzzy comments to the troops in Iraq! Way to go there!

Ozme52
11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for your reply, 1 question for you

The Question then remains, do we want to"stay the course 2 more years with the country being controlled by the Republicans, in the White House as well and both Houses Of Congress, or do we want to use the "Checks and Balances" provision of the Constitution and have a Democratic Congress with a Republican President til 2008??

I do not believe the Democratic will have to much trouble winning back the White House in 2008, (unless they select a real bad candidate)
But what about now?? Do the Repbulicans continue to do it "their way" or do we switch to equal balance of control til 2008 and go from there??

You can't blame the republicans per se... the democrats were all gung ho at first too. The lack of WMDs in Iraq was an error and they all bought into it.
I don't have a problem with the republicans... I have problems with a leader whose intelligence is clearly lacking.

Ozme52
11-01-2006, 11:14 PM
There is the possibility that I was oxygen deprived when born. My mom was in labor for 48 hours and I was born with a load of drugs in me. I thought maybe I might have lost a few IQ points... LOL

I mention this in passing to my mom, the IQ thing, because she happened to be drugged out of her mind in preparation for an out-patient procedure... and she spits out... as she falls asleep...

"Too bad it wasn't worse. You could have been president."

mkemse
11-02-2006, 07:08 AM
I truely appreciate your remarks, however, I am trying to figure out what Sen. Kerry's remarks have to do with the Mid Term Elections, he is not running so I am not sure what his remarks have to do with everyones view of the Mid Term Elections
Also. it is know, that over the over the last 6 1/2 years, our President has made more the his fair share of blunders when speaking,
As a matter of fact, and i do not recall the exact web site, but there is a place where there is a list of "Bushisms" where early in his Presidency Bush said "85% of ALL U.S. exports leave the U.S, for other countries"??
and I real wonder had this not been a Mid Term Election season,. He never would have made the remarks, or 2. If he did, it would not have recieved the publicity it did.
I am not defending him, what he said was absolutely outrageous & offensive, however, we do have freedom of express in this country and whether you like or dislike what he said, he has the right to express his views
I also strongly reccommend he fire his speech writer for this major league blunder
I am NOT defending Kerry nor am I defending or supporting our President, but ever person in the world in the public eye, has made MAJOR blunders withthe press, it is all part of being human

AirKnight1
11-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I am really hoping the Dems get complete control of both the Congress and the Presidency. Strange considering that I am politically a very conservative person, ex military, and have spent a great deal of time in the Middle East. But as usual I have devious reasons.

Historically we are at the same point the world was in 1938/39. In hindsite you wonder how people then could be so blind as to not see WW-II looming. But when you read the newspapers from the time everyone was arguing, basicly no concensus, anyone pointing out the looming conflict was labeled with everything from ignorant to jingonistic. Appeasement was the preferred approach by the "intelligent" media, educators, etc.

911 and previous acts of terrorism weren't anywhere severe enough for Americans to see what is on the horizon. The lesson was either not learned or quickly forgotten since it actually had almost no direct effect on most people other than the shock of seeing something real on TV for a change. It will take a few more "lessons" before the intelligent learn. Instead we debate who said what and was there some actual meaning in the words. We have leaders who only look for political advantage so they can continue to rape the country for personal gain.

So the only way this election helps us is for the extreme left to gain control so they can totally disengage from the world, allow the UN (a hundred guys with leopard fezs and doorman uniforms from the Plaza, each representing countries with the GDP of a SuperWalmart) to decide on US security, and tax the nation into recession. The results will end the debate and motivate us to do what is required. Eventually the world, including my Arab friends, will be better off after a very long period of pain. And worldwide even traffic will be lessened cause we will be without about 10 to 50 million current inhabitants.

Sorry to be brutally honest. This is a serious world. It requires serious people with serious answers. America doesn't have those leaders yet nor does it deserve them -- yet.

AK

tazzinnc
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
voting republican.. I just can't afford for my taxes to go up again..
and the local incumbent Democrate votes for every tax increase, votes to give amnisty to illegal aliens.

new republican running for office, supports the fair tax, cutting non military government spending, tough on illegal aliens i.e.. ENFORCE current imigration policy.

I just can't vote for anyone that wants to raise my tax's... just can't do it..

mkemse
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your reply I appriciate and respect it
Just remember however, that when the Democroats where in the White House prior to Bush in 2000, this country had a 5 billion dollar surplus in the budget, we now in 6 1/2 years have the largest defeciet in US History,(half of which was occured in Bush's first 6 month in office, most of this is prior to 911) also remember, that while we recently paid $3.25 a gallon for gas (regular anyway) that all the major oil compaines reported the LARGEST PROFITS in their histories for 3 months, some as much as 32 BILLION dollars for 3 months work
My point is that taxes may be raised, however do to the fact that we as a nation now face the largest budget defiect in our histiry, it is going to take, genenration to take care of this, and I do not believe for 1 second that the Republicans can take care of this defiect in 5 years considering that every 30 days or so Congress, the Republicans keep approving BILLIONS in monthly support for Irq and Afghanistan,that month billoins has to yet payed back somehow I support ALL our troops unconditionaly, I support the war in Afghanistan, but not Iraq,
So if the repbulican congress continues to pour billoins into these wars, how can THEY plan to balalnce our buget without raising taxes if we keep spending BILLIONS to fight terrorism, do the math it does not ballance, if you owe out to creditors $30,000 and you only earn $45,000 a year, you could not possibly pay off your creditors in 5 years based on what you earn and what you owe, I HAVE BEEN THERE i know what it is like to be in way over my head, i had a visa card with a $1,100 balalnce, i am disabled I live on social security disability, with rent, food ect ect, i could not possibly pay off my visa card in 2 years
Thanks again for your reply, and as I said, I may not agree with your view but I support it, respect and will defend it with my life, isn't democracry great, you can disagree but still agree

mkemse
11-03-2006, 12:26 PM
1 other fact, not mentioned, it was on TV the other night, prsented by a political anylst of all people, but he said the current congress we have, has been the most unproductive in US History
And that less has been accomplished in the last 2 years then in any other 2 year time frame in US History
do not know how accurate this is or how reliable his words are, but it is food for thought going into Tuesday

AirKnight1
11-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Not to enter into a debate, but some additions to your thoughts on budgets. I have exactly zero respect for Congress, Republican or Democrat. It is pretty easy to spend other people's money to satisfy your own craving for power. Congress uses your money to charge a minimum of $10K for a few minutes with the esteemed member. They forgot a long time ago they were working for us. I propose outlaw payroll deductions and sales taxes. Instead each citizen writes a monthly check to the gov't. We'd see a revolt in less than 3 months when people realized the were giving more than their combined martgage, food, and ulitlity bills to a gov't that exists only to get relected.

As far as the cost of Afghanistan and Iraq, what do you suggest? Retreat so they can follow us to your hometown? I think that will happen btw, so we will get a chance to test your theory.

As far as gas prices I hate paying higher prices too. But it is still a value given constant dollars comared to years ago. But what are you doing about it? Have you invented an alternative? Walking more? The government has nothing to do with gas prices, nor should it have. The is a wonderful thing. I trust it considerably more than government in almost ever instance I can imagine. Pretty easy to criticize. Harder to find realistic alternatives and tehn actually get up off the couch and do something. Currently I hear a lot of bitching and almost no realistic constructive ideas.

Keep thinking.

AK

mkemse
11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I agree with you on this, the current Congress has done nothing for me or most people i know, it has been the most worthless congress I rememberi n my life (I am in my mid 50's as a reference point)
sorry, bout the debate issue, there are alternative to gas called enythonal if congress would push the issue, but republicans are beholden to the oil compaines,
i also notice how interting it was that gas prices did start to come way down as theelection drew closerm, can't imagine why, and interstlly enough, the price of a barrel of oil is still dropping but my local prices were i am Citgo, Phipps, Sheel ect have gone UP 15 cents a gallonthe last week, why should the price of gas inch up again if the oil is cheaper by the barrel, weinter processing is much cheaper then summer

In any event, I truely appriciate your remakrs and wish you well and I hope your people win Tuesday
i have spoke to many candidate on this issue, on mental health issues and I am voting based on who supports my views and my needs, which is 98.5% democrsatic, i always vote based on what a candidate represents and thjeir views i do not like tax ands speed, if we do not have the money then ation has to stop spending, like ccharing on a visa card while on unemplyoment

AirKnight1
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
LOL, you say worhtless congress like that is a bad thing. My perfect congressional year woudl be one where exactly zero bills were passed. Since congress has the track record of being wrong a majority of the time, by not passing anything they'd actually improve their track record.

As far as ethanol, why doesn't the business community make the billions that are apparently there for the taking. If ethanol is the answer ADM (largest agribusiness comapny in the world) is foregoingn hundreds of billions in profits. I assume they are complete morons. Or of course it could be that ethanol as currently produced is about $15 a gallon and thus just a congressional ploy to move tax dollars into agriculture states while making a nice little sound bite for the well meaning and uninformed. The first guy to come up with a practical and economical substiture for gasoline will be the next Bill Gates. If you are depending on gov't to do that you are smoking some very fine stuff. The business world is scrambling to be first on this. The technology isn't there but it will be in time. Can't wait for that day myself, since it will actually give us amazing leverage over China (the actual reason oil prices have gone up) and independence from OPEC but you are looking the wrong direction for the solution my friend. Gov't is usually a problem and almost never a solution.

Off to burn a few hundred thousand gallons of dead dinosaurs in my airplane hauling liberals to rallies ranting about Cheney setting oil prices. Sorry, just a joke but oh so true when it comes to our society full of very well meaning people who act completely the opposite of what they say.

Enjoy casting your ballot. Then I suggest storing some food stuffs and ammunition. LOL. Freedom, its a bitch ain't it.

AK

TongueJoy
11-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I am curious to see where some site members stand on the Mid Term Elections, this is obviously very UNSCIENTIFIC, but I would appreciate all opinions, I have set up as poll
Thanks

After months of the diatribe, misleading campaign adds, rallies, magazines and newspaper opinions, and the numerous tv/cable pundits, it is no wonder why we have such a small turnout during elections.

But, we do live in a free society, though we systematically dismantled the ideals of habeas corpus with the Military Commission Act of 2006.

I want oversight, checks and balances, and accountability - neither of which this Congress and Senate has provided. We have underwritten a huge tax break; we have unfunded Social Security and Medicare; our Federal Deficit grew 1 trillion dollars in six years and we now spend over 300 billion in interest payments on it; our trade deficit is extraordinarily high; we are turning into a theocratic society which is the basis for terrorism; we enter a war, not of necessity but of some plan that is kept from the populace; our attitudes toward the environment is abysmal; and despite an Administration that is clueless, the economy is fairly stable - though the numbers tend to be at a macro-level than an analysis of the micro-enconomies across this country.

As a Democrat, I'm not actually wanting total control of both houses, I simply want to see more checks and balances, something which this President and Vice President do not regard as necessary.

Even if the Republicans maintain majority in both houses, a message has clearly been sent.

Nice question

tazzinnc
11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for your reply I appriciate and respect it
Just remember however, that when the Democroats where in the White House prior to Bush in 2000, this country had a 5 billion dollar surplus in the budget, we now in 6 1/2 years have the largest defeciet in US History,(half of which was occured in Bush's first 6 month in office, most of this is prior to 911) also remember, that while we recently paid $3.25 a gallon for gas (regular anyway) that all the major oil compaines reported the LARGEST PROFITS in their histories for 3 months, some as much as 32 BILLION dollars for 3 months work
My point is that taxes may be raised, however do to the fact that we as a nation now face the largest budget defiect in our histiry, it is going to take, genenration to take care of this, and I do not believe for 1 second that the Republicans can take care of this defiect in 5 years considering that every 30 days or so Congress, the Republicans keep approving BILLIONS in monthly support for Irq and Afghanistan,that month billoins has to yet payed back somehow I support ALL our troops unconditionaly, I support the war in Afghanistan, but not Iraq,
So if the repbulican congress continues to pour billoins into these wars, how can THEY plan to balalnce our buget without raising taxes if we keep spending BILLIONS to fight terrorism, do the math it does not ballance, if you owe out to creditors $30,000 and you only earn $45,000 a year, you could not possibly pay off your creditors in 5 years based on what you earn and what you owe, I HAVE BEEN THERE i know what it is like to be in way over my head, i had a visa card with a $1,100 balalnce, i am disabled I live on social security disability, with rent, food ect ect, i could not possibly pay off my visa card in 2 years
Thanks again for your reply, and as I said, I may not agree with your view but I support it, respect and will defend it with my life, isn't democracry great, you can disagree but still agree

The problem isn't TAX cuts, TAX cuts always help the economy grow. And tax revenue is at an all time HIGH the problem is with SPENDING..
If the Democrates as the minority party had faught for SPENDING CUTS in non military spending, then I might support a few of them, but Democrates NEVER vote to CUT spending. Plus the democrates are way to soft on the Illegal alien issue..
think about it.. we have a 4.4% unemployment, if we CUT illegals comeing across the boarder, and start deporting many that are here ILLEGALLY, then that would be MORE jobs for American Citizens, and the unemployment rate would decrease, tax revenue would increase, and spending COULD be cut (yeh right, very politicians have the guts to actually cut spending) on non military items like welfare...

mkemse
11-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Now that the Elections are over, (and no more commercials) thank you everyone for you views and opinions
Regardless of your Politcal Views, The elections on Nov. 7 did prove 1 very important thing
Our system works, and very well
:wave:

master 327-834-200
11-08-2006, 09:12 AM

1. Leave Congress as is

I could be described as a 5 if it were not for the fact that whoever runs the US has a huge impact on the rest of the world.

I have to say though that as long as Bush is in charge of the White House I fear for the whole world's safety and sanity. I heard on the radio this morning that the republicans losing control of both houses will make Bush a lame duck. Has this not always been the case as he is an intellectual midget controlled by powerful unelected forces? Or am I just cynical.

I have always struggled to understand the presidential system. Surely if the President was elected from among the elected members of one house or the other it would remove this situation whereby the whole country has voted in a particular way but the head of the country is free to pursue a political and foreign policy agenda completely at odds with that countries people?

I wonder if any of the US contributors to this site have feelings about changing the system of elections?

master 327-834-200
11-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Now that the Elections are over, (and no more commercials) thank you everyone for you views and opinions
Regardless of your Politcal Views, The elections on Nov. 7 did prove 1 very important thing
Our system works, and very well
:wave:

Is this a general view in the US? Does the Presidential system really work?

~hellish one~
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Is this a general view in the US? Does the Presidential system really work?

in theory.

unless they screw it up.

Guest 91108
11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
It works fine until one party is in dominating position.
or for state and local .. until one person is in office for too long.
i would like to see term limits of 2 for 2 years per office.

rora
11-09-2006, 08:23 AM
for miss duece,

i just caught this thread and i am in a big hurry this morning..BUT i had to stop and take time to say this.

As an election worker...i salute you!

fantassy
11-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Surely if the President was elected from among the elected members of one house or the other it would remove this situation whereby the whole country has voted in a particular way but the head of the country is free to pursue a political and foreign policy agenda completely at odds with that countries people?

I wonder if any of the US contributors to this site have feelings about changing the system of elections?

Yes, I am strongly opposed to moving to the British system. You forget that the whole country voted in a particular way when they elected the President. When I vote for a Congresswoman, I focus on her views on different issue than I focus on when I vote for the President because their jobs are different. Quite frankly, my Congressperson's view on foreign relations are of secondary importance. My President's views on foreign relations are very important as Idiot Bush has demonstrated. I may vote for a Republican Senator if she is doing a good job for my particular state, but I certainly don't want her choosing the President for me. I am quite capable of choosing a President myself (note I did not vote for the Idiot - ever )

fantassy

master 327-834-200
11-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Yes, I am strongly opposed to moving to the British system. You forget that the whole country voted in a particular way when they elected the President. When I vote for a Congresswoman, I focus on her views on different issue than I focus on when I vote for the President because their jobs are different. Quite frankly, my Congressperson's view on foreign relations are of secondary importance. My President's views on foreign relations are very important as Idiot Bush has demonstrated. I may vote for a Republican Senator if she is doing a good job for my particular state, but I certainly don't want her choosing the President for me. I am quite capable of choosing a President myself (note I did not vote for the Idiot - ever )

fantassy

Your views are interesting fantassy, but I think you interpreted my post. I was not suggesting or recommending the system here in the UK.

mkemse
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes our system has it faults and always will, but our system has worked fairly well say except for 2004 since 1776, no other country on earth that I can think of, possibly outside of England,Canada and Alaska offers the chance and opportunity we do to allow anyone one to run, speak openly about issues and critizes their current administraTION WITHOUT FEAR OF BEING JAILED
try using some of our technics, runnig adds, speaking your mind on the opposition in Russa, China, Koera ect andsee what happens, probably free room and board for a while
Again I thank everyone who replied to this post, her's to 2008 and an onslaught of mindless TV ads

miss duece
11-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm not a tree hugger, far from it. But I'm glad those poor trees aren't suffering too much now, and I'm even more glad that my mailbox has returned to normal from transforming into a political shit talking ground. It's really nice to come home to a mailbox with just bills and grocery ads.

miss duece
11-09-2006, 08:41 PM
for miss duece,

i just caught this thread and i am in a big hurry this morning..BUT i had to stop and take time to say this.

As an election worker...i salute you!

I think I should be saluting you.

DungeonMaster6
11-10-2006, 04:47 AM
It is not unusual to see the opposition party win control of congress during a two-term presidency. The same thing happened to Clinton. But what makes me happy is seeing that smug, in-your-face attitude of Bush wiped off, now that his party will no longer be in control. He even invited the new Speaker-of-the-House, Nancy Pelosi, over to the White House for lunch. What worries me though is his still claim of "We will stay in Iraq until we accomplish our mission." ...Which is what?

mkemse
11-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Dungeonmaster6,
I loved your reply
As far as his "We will stay...remark, is belive that he is at loss for words after being throughly trumped Tuesday, and I feel his whole attitde will change when the new Congress meets in January, I would love to see the New Congress pass a resolution, have the Prsident veto it, and have congress over ride it, this might give him a taste or reality, I do not believe he is yet aware ofthe actualy result of the elections andwill not realize it's impact til January
He did mention yesterday there arem any thing he wants done with THIS congress, but as Joe Biden put it "John Bolton is going NOWHERE" this is going to be a rude wake up call forthe President in January when all the realities of the election come to be
I did have to laugh when he said at his press conference that "If you look real close, the results were close" It is like winnig a ball game 2-1 is does not make ANY difference what the margin of victory was over the Republicans was, what was the issue was that the Democrats won, be is by 200 votes or 5 million
I never saw Bush as humlbed or angry as he was when he met the press then ext day
I will be intrested now to see how accountable he make Carl Rove over thjis
Makes no difference as I said whether the victory was bt 200 votes or a million, thereality is he was soundly defeated and needsto deal with an accept it
I do not believe either that the Democrats will simpyl CUT funding for the War, if for no other reason we have 2008 on the horizon and they are not going to be stiped enough to do anything that would even remotely hamper their chanced of wiinig the White House back in '08, the best may be yet to come, thereality is always different from the fact
You can plan all you want as to how you would handle being in a car accident, but I gurantee you by my own exerience that plannig is one thing, the reality of a crash is a whole different story

BlackWatch
11-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Thank God for President Bush, to me the very thought of Al Gore incharge of anything is scary...I think history will show he will be one of the better Presidents....I believe this country is in big trouble with the communists (I believe those in charge of Liberal wing of the Democratic Party are actually communists) in charge the US House and Senate....this past election wasn't so much about a 'change' as to punish the Republicans for NOT keeping their house clean....notice that NONE of the traditional Democrats are in ANY position of power in either House or Senate...ALL of those are covered by communists....

mkemse
11-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Blackwatch,

Thank you for your reply and comments

mkemse
11-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Blackwatch.
Was wondering your opinion of Sen. John MCain of Arizona

mkemse
11-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Also, based on Polls and the Election both, it is very possible that President Bushes legacy will be Iraq, be it right or wrong, he will be remembered more Iraq that then anything else in his 8 years in office when his turn finished
And yes, the Democrates may not have "won" the election, it was the Republicans who "Lost It"
Like they said about the just completed 2006 World Series, The St. Louis Cardinals did not win the title, The Detroit Tigers lost it the way they played

BlackWatch
11-16-2006, 08:11 AM
and for the record folks, I consider myself more of a "jacksonian" Democrat....and I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone here....remember, the stages of this fight first was started by Islamic fascists back in the 1960's; they have been killing American citizens for years....they hate the U.S. for what it is and believes....ie....EVERYONE on this forum, especially if you are American....we as nation have been fighting this war with a self emposed hand tied behind our backs....all this election will do is convince the fascists to increase and redouble their efforts as the fascists believe the Democratic Party elitists will not fight; not sacrifice,

....I hope to god I am wrong, in fact I want to be wrong...however, I believe things are going to get much, much worse....

mkemse
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I fully agree, thing will get much worse then they are now
I also believe be it right or wrong, that 1 BIG mistake we have made as a Country, is we have need to put our selvesi n the potion as some have said of "Policeing The World" we need to stop policing the world, forcing our way of life on others
I have hear both very conservative Christian Repbulicans as well a very Liberal Democrats say "We As A Nation, Need To Stop Policing The World"
We also a a Nation need to stand up and get our reputation as a Super Power Back as well as therespect of all our allies and enemies, we have lost of respect as a Nation World Wide
My concenr is issues such as Immigration, Drugs Problems, Healthcare, Homelsssness, ect, will take back seat to all other issues
We are the riichest and most advnace country on the planet, we should not have a homless problem, we should have Universal Health care ect ect.
Thanks again for your reply and comments

CommieCowboy
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
As long as its legal for companies to help China censor the Internet (i.e. Cisco and IBM), over half of the population belives that humanity was created by a sky fairy in its current form within the last 10,000 years, and its illegal to smoke pot, sell sex toys, or run an Internet poker room, the U.S. will be a hopeless country and a tyranny among tyrannies.

CommieCowboy
12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes our system has it faults and always will, but our system has worked fairly well say except for 2004 since 1776, no other country on earth that I can think of, possibly outside of England,Canada and Alaska offers the chance and opportunity we do to allow anyone one to run, speak openly about issues and critizes their current administraTION WITHOUT FEAR OF BEING JAILED
try using some of our technics, runnig adds, speaking your mind on the opposition in Russa, China, Koera ect andsee what happens, probably free room and board for a while
Again I thank everyone who replied to this post, her's to 2008 and an onslaught of mindless TV ads

I can think of plenty of Washington-controlled dictatorships elsewhere in the world where one can not speak their mind...Suharto's Indonesia, Pinochet's Chile, and Somoza's Nicaragua are just a few of the many examples. The fact that you've been less tyrannical than places like the Soviet Union or the People's Republic of China to the people within your own borders merely made it easier for you to get away with your crimes broad than it did for those superpowers. I am a civil libertarian, I am a secularist, and I am a social democrat. I am disgusted by what tyrants in Washington, Beijing, Moscow, the Vatican, and the Middle East have done to our world...Everything they have built for themselves has broken the backs of other nations and peoples.

Who, for instance, was funding and arming the Nepal's feudal and theocratic monarchy, a country where the nobles and the royal family lived better than Bill Gates well the vast majority of people have always lived in grinding poverty? The United States of America, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the People's Republic of China did, that's fucking who! Why does the U.S. believe that pro-American Islamist wackos are better for the people of Afghanistan than their anti-American predecessors were. Go to www.rawa.org to learn the truth about Afghanistan: The Americans there now, the Soviets and the Brits who were there in the past, and the Taliban sympathisers who still run half of the country side now sure as fuck won't! Fuck the global superpowers and fuck the tyranny of Abrahamic mythology.

mkemse
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Commiecowboy,
Thanks for your reply