PDA

View Full Version : Candlewax

MrJerseyGuy
11-04-2003, 01:05 PM
My new little sub and I have spent several months now exploring the "dark side" Last night she told me that she's like to try playing with hot candlewax. Can anyone offer suggestions for what type to use and where I should apply it?

Curtis
11-04-2003, 02:11 PM
White (undyed, unscented) candles burn at a lower temperature. She should be tied down. Start by holding the candle about a foot above her, then lower an inch at a time until you begin getting a reaction. The first couple of times you'll need to rely on her to let you know when you've gone too low.

You can probably wax anywhere except around the face. Note that wax in hair(s) can be a bitch to remove. Stay away from the stereotypical erogenous zones for the first few minutes -- kind of spiral in on them. Remember that if you're waxing an area that already has wax on it, you can go lower, because the older layer will act as an insulater.

Oh, and DO NOT use the barrel-shafted candles (the ones that collect a pool of wax) until you're ready for more advanced play. Use a tapir (tapered candle -- like one that goes in a holder for romantic dinners). You can always masturbate her with it when you're done. (Or stick it in her rear while you fuck her.)

Last point, put a beach towel or extra sheet under her, because this can be incredibly messy. By the same token, keep a glass of water handy in case you drop the candle and set something on fire.

Enjoy!

BDSM_Tourguide
11-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Wax is great! It does fabulous things to women with every little searing droplet.

To achieve a pleasant, mostly-hassle-free waxing experience, I offer the following suggestions:

[list=1]
Oil the area to be waxed, preferably with warmed massage oil or with warmed baby oil. This will prevent the wax from sticking to the skin and surface hairs. Faciltates easier clean-up also.
Start with white tapers. Save colored candles and the thicker, longer-burning ones for when you've gotten more experience.
Do not use scented candles unless your little target is willing to undergo immediately painful action. Scented candles burn hotter and are more liquid (meaning the wax tends to run farther) than unscented candles.
Start from a height. Usually, about 18 inches is good to begin. It gives you an idea of how the thing is going to drip and her an idea of how warm it really will be. Eventually, lower your height to 12 inches, then to six, then to one. The lower you get to the skin, the hotter the wax remains when it hits.
Put something down under your target. Wax tends to splatter when dropped from height, so unless you are on an unfinished basement or garage floor or you have a dropcloth beneath your target, you should probably cover the surface on which she is lying.
Allow her breaks for the wax to cool. Not only will this give her a breather, but it will allow the wax you have already distributed to harden into a kind of shell. You can then see it a bit better and know where to aim and where to avoid.
When removing wax, pull off the larger pieces first, then worry about the miniscule, individual droplets that have settled. A quick shower and a soft scrub will remove the rest with very little problem. If your shower has a filter drain, you will need to clean it afterwards as wax tends to not go through them very well at all.
[/list=1]

Hopefully, this little guide will help you to a more productive bit of waxing bliss.

Areas that can be waxed are numerous. For beginners, I always recommend the back, ass, thighs and shoulders. As you progress, other areas may be covered like the armpits, feet, nipples, breasts, pussy (be sure to shave) andinner thighs. Only for the most advanced practitioners would I offer that you can also work up to doing the asshole, tongue and even the inner labial area. However, never ever do the inside of the vagina. That would be bad and extremely hard to clean. The liklihood for infection would be high as would the potential for permanent damage.

Let me know if you have more questions.

MrJerseyGuy
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
I very much appreciate the responses from both Curtis & tourguide. Ya gotta love tourguide though...he has this whole thing down to a science! Judging from the photos in the personal photo thread I'd say he has a fair amount of experience in the area too!

I plan on introducing this into our play this weekend...I'll let you know how it works out. So far every bit of advice I've received here is a "keeper"!

Finding_Fantasy
11-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Also, from what I have heard, bees wax candles burn really hot so I would suggest not using them until she is more used to the wax.

The oil really helps with me. It does not, however, take away from the heat, which is fine. I find it very much the same heat wise with the oil as withought. But, as TG said, it really helps with the clean up.

Another suggestion is to try and not pour too much ay once. A large pool of wax can take a lot longer to cool than a smaller one. This is especially so if she has sensitive skin.

After clean up, rubbing down her back with a cool, light cream can help, especially if there are any welts left over.

vanillaslave
11-20-2003, 03:41 PM
So MrJerseyGuy, we anxiously await a full report. Did You try it?

Jones, Nikka
11-20-2003, 11:16 PM
If you or your sub really like pain (as I seem to do), the "jell" type of candles is the way to go. They come in glass containers and are often scented. Depending on the colour they can burn at really high temperatures and they do not just drip, they splash!
Caution! these candles are not for the uninitiated. Just make sure you are gagged if your master does not appreciate screaming. Have fun!

IndigoFae
12-04-2003, 05:28 AM
Here's a site with good info http://www.bdsmwaxplay.com/

MrJerseyGuy
12-17-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm not ignoring your question vanillaslave. I did purchase some candles but although we see each other everyday, our chances for uniterrupted play are few and far between. We are both without children only every other weekend and it seems like half the time something comes up at the last minute to interfer.

When we do get those rare nights I'm like a kid in a candy store...wanting to try everything. I figure that between the forced oral, hair pulling, nipple torture, handcuffs, rope, baby oil, duct tape, gags, spanking, whipping, giant dildoe usage and forced anal...throwing in candlewax might be a bit much. After all, I don't want her to think I'm a pervert or anything!

I'm hoping to explore it this coming weekend. I'll be sure to report back!

BDSM_Tourguide
04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, MJG, did you try it? How did it go?

MrJerseyGuy
04-25-2004, 10:23 PM
I could go into a protracted explanation..but suffice it to say we haven't gotten to it yet. I've had half a dozen candles on standby for months now but we always wind up into something else and the moment just doesn't arise. Unfortunately our playtime is limited. I will certainly update the thread when I have the pleasure!

Barton
04-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Well, my slave and I tried candle wax last night. As suggested I used plain white candles. It was a lot of fun. My slave tells me that she really enjoyed the momentary sting of the hot wax. As she was blindfolded the anticipation and not knowing where it would be dripped next turned her on quite a bit. I followed the hot wax up with ice, it seems to be a good combo.

MrJerseyGuy you're gonna have fun!
Barton.

Eruditio Deus
04-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Try not to use 'dripless' candles either. Much like colored candles they burn hotter and thier chemical content can cause unfavorable reactions for those with sensitive skin.

myri_SN
06-13-2004, 03:57 AM
master got a very big white candle in his bedroom, when he met me he decided that he finally found a use for it so during the last 10 months it shrunk quite a bit in size. but he finds it more fun the more it hurts so he keeps it quite near and doesn't only drip on me but waits till there is quite a bit of liquid wax and pours. OUCH!! :eek:
always make sit interesting to get me to the shower later without leaving a trail of wax on the carpet as warm water is the best way to get the rest of the wax off.

csr
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
The oil idea is fabulous... I wish I had heard of that a long time ago.

On a related topic, I was in a "toy" store not too long ago that specializes in BDSM paraphernalia and they had candles that were sold specifically for play. I asked about them and the person in the store explained that they were special "cool burning" candles--designed so you can drip on someone without the pain caused by the heat.

I didn't go into it with her at the time, but I can't imagine anyone wanting those? I mean, you can decrease the heat by increasing the distance... but a "cool" candle seems to defeat the purpose of the sensation! Maybe they'd be good for a first time.

(maybe the painslut in me is showing :cool: )

Barton
06-14-2004, 05:48 PM
They are not that cool. They just melt at a lower temperature. It avoids red marks on the skin.

Barton

csr
06-15-2004, 04:54 AM
aha... i c. Thanks. Maybe the person giving the advice in the store hadn't actually used them ;-).

Dslave
06-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Another thing (as you already have received some VERY good advice), the harder the wax the harsher the burn. I see many mention color and scent but honestly you can also tell by touch. If you can make an indention or a fingerprint in the candle before you light it (as in the tall glass "religious candles) it is not going to be nearly as hot as one that is harder. Do NOT under ANY circumstances use sealing wax. It WILL burn and leave a permanent scar.

Barton
06-27-2004, 08:54 PM
One other thing. If you drip a large puddle of wax in one spot it will hold the heat in to a much greater degree than a single drop. This could also cause a burn on sensitive skin.

Barton

myri_SN
06-28-2004, 05:01 AM
One other thing. If you drip a large puddle of wax in one spot it will hold the heat in to a much greater degree than a single drop. This could also cause a burn on sensitive skin.

Barton
master loves to do that but never burned me, although it feels like it when he does it, he thinks it's funny .............................. for him :eek:

alexandra_p27
07-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I have tried different waxes on my hand

those from regular table candles is not so bad and I tried it on my
areolas after having had some on my hand

I tried wax from these light one use for "tea stoves", don't know the
english term, and that was much hotter. (i.e. only tried it in my hand)
You see its getting liquid inside the form and hotter then still.

Bee wax is very hot when melted. I had some in my hand ones.
I guess that was enough for me

Ok, that might not be an expert-opinion, but then you can
rely on it's truth