PDA

View Full Version : how long is too long?

Dari
11-07-2003, 07:29 AM
It's a question that has been nagging me for quite some time:

for what time spans is it still save to stay bound up and/or have clamps/pins biting into your flesh?
being sore afterwards is okay, but I don't want to risk cutting blood circulation to that extend that major damage is done.

Curtis
11-07-2003, 09:36 AM
I think this is something that is impossible to lay down strict rules for. "How To" manuals usually say that if a limb becomes blue or purple or cold to the touch, that's too long. Others say no more than half an hour, but that seems a little extreme to me (probably written by a vanilla sex adviser, like Alex Comfort).

Really, you have to gauge by the effect of the bondage on the subject. Some people are happy in bondage, while others (raises hand) get claustrophobic.

Of course, some positions are five minute killers while others are comfortable enough to sleep in.

In other words, there are too many variables for a meaningful answer -- tightness of bondage, material used, position, location, psychology and physiology of subject, and probably some others as well.

Dari
11-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I know I've been a bit too vague, but thanks anyway for replying :)

on my own I would have said until it simply doesn't feel okay anymore (a rather vague term on it's own), or looks unhealthy, but some infos in some of these tutorials just got me a bit confused.

Dari
11-07-2003, 07:50 PM
maybe I should have added that I'm female, and that I'm the sub this time?

I can even tell you the concrete reason why I posted my question now, it was because I was kind of freaked of an order from Sir and wanted some kind of answer that proved some of the things (mainy the time limitations) wrong that I had read on the net (thanks to curtis I could gather enough courage, and it did work for more than those 30 mins. without problems)

Finding_Fantasy
11-29-2003, 07:42 PM
I decided to make a reply.

Good rule of thumb:

If it is starting to ache and hurt, it is probably time to stop. If it stops hurting, you've gone for too long.

pop_54
12-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Depends on the tension of the restraints and or clamps etc, also position of torso etc. But medically speaking I think you should consider relaxing tension on very tight bindings etc for a short period about every 10 minutes (or less if real pain sets in).

I would not recommend anyone try to maintain a fixed and restrained position for as long as half hour at a time. Long term health problems can creep up unnoticed so care is needed in your games.

emmacd
03-16-2005, 05:13 PM
To tight of bondage for a period of over 1 to 2 hours can cost you a limb. Moderate bondage can be taken 5-6 hours or when the apengades turn purple from red color. You must be watched when bound or gagged. You never know what your panic level is. Be careful. The whip leaves marks but you will recover from it as you will for a paddle. A Dom should never leave you alone with your mouth gagged tightly. emma

Barton
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes, do not leave a tightly gagged person. You may take tightly to mean that they can not spit out the gag in an emergency. An emergency may consist of panic, choking, or trouble breathing. This is why we do not leave our subs/slaves alone in this condition.
The tighter the ropes the shorter the bondage. I check my slave for numbness or color change at all times when I have her bound.
A hard paddeling will leave marks and bruises. A whip or a bullwhip will leave deep marks and bruises. It may even break the skin if not used properly. This is where a little aftercare is called for.

Play safe!

sirken
03-17-2005, 05:44 AM
the smaller the body area the lesser the time as with clamps and clothespins they cover lesser of an area so use caution you may not lose a limb but you can do serious nerve damage