PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi

Magicite
11-08-2003, 05:12 AM
I've written one story which i just submitted to the site. Anyone know how long the publishing process takes?

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi to everyone out there. I'm not really sure I'm into BDSM in real life, but I enjoy writing and reading about it. I'm a voyeur more than anything else. I've always wanted to write, and I finally found an outlet in this site.

Since I've never experienced any sort of BDSM activity, and I don't really know much about the minds of submissive types, my story could be totally off base, but maybe if/when it gets published, you all could let me know one way or the other.

On a last note, my story is almost completely unedited. I just sat down at a computer screen, and about 2 hours later, I had 10 pages sitting in front of me that I could hardly remember writing. I just remembered seeing everything unfold as a movie like ordeal in my head.

I don't know if that's conducive to a good story, but somehow I doubt it. If there's any sort of positive response to my writing, then I would probably edit it, flesh out some parts and just make it feel like and overall better piece. If you all decide it's crap (and if it is, PLEASE tell me), then I won't bother fixing it, but will just go on to a new one.

With that said, hello all, I will be visiting here from time to time. See you around.

Lord Douche
11-08-2003, 06:03 AM
If you submitted it, it should be appearing when Jinn next updates the site, which will be in a few days.

Moggy
11-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Ok, we'll tell you if it's crap. Just don't take it personally. There's plenty more to life than writing these stories.

A warning: First-time contributors usually neglect the editing required to make a story work. They are liable to be punished, perhaps even humiliated, in the reviews. (This is a BDSM site after all! ;-)

Hope it's not too late to say... Try to avoid:
1. "Standing back to admire his handiwork."
2. Starting a story with "I woke up and found that I couldn't move my hands, it was dark, I was blindfolded, and there was something in my mouth, like a rubber ball."
3. 1st to 2nd person. "And then You did this to me." (Some people enjoy this style, it infuriates most others)
4. Watch out for the stuff the spell checker misses: there/thier/they're, where/were/wear,its/it's and your/you're.
5. (My current pet hate) if the story has finished, then make the last paragraph read like it is a last paragraph and in any case write "The End". If the story has other parts then make that clear too.

Faibhar
11-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Moggy's Welcome to Magicite comes replete with several good suggestions for all, veteran or newbie. Sugesstion #2, however, is a bit confusing as most of us have at least one time experienced a similar feeling riding in elevators.