PDA

View Full Version : I'm not taking over...

GaryWilcox
11-14-2003, 08:27 AM
....I'm just tidying up (as appropriate).

Some of you notice the fact that my name is all over the Community section. Well... Jinn waved a magic wand and turned me into a Moderator yesterday.

I'll be watching over the Community section. If you see a problem, and want it fixed fast, by all means, PM me.

Or if you just have a question and need some advice, or guidance, or...

I don't know... say, a math tutor. I never did get through Algebra, but I'll give it my damndest nonetheless...

Or if you fancy me and want virtual snogging... As a Moderator, I'm your man.

:D

Fox
11-14-2003, 11:12 AM
You're not taking over ... and yet ....

there is that unblinking gaze from those dark penetrating eyes ....

welcome aboard!

:):D

BDSM_Tourguide
11-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Nice to have some help holding the heathens at bay around here. ;)

Although, I didnt get a nice little thingie for my name on the forums when I got promoted. Hmph...

Have fun, GW (last name Bush?) :)

GaryWilcox
11-14-2003, 12:06 PM
No, baby...

:: Austin powers voice ::

...Bush is my middle name!

:D Thanks for welcome, TG!

Jones, Nikka
11-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Congratulations on the promotion GaryWilcox!

May the light of wisdom shine upon your keyboard when you need to put any of us in our place and may the fire of lust inspire your hand when you recommend our doms to put any of us subs over their knee!

Nikka

Faibhar
11-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Avoid the taint associated with any politico, especially "shrubbery". The position of moderator must be hoary enough without adding baggage. Best of luck Gary Wilcox in your new postion as moderator (for the lower half).

Mobius
11-16-2003, 07:48 AM
in the general threads so you sould have a relitivly easy time of it.
Perhaps you want to wright a faq, a manofesto on the correct behavor in your relm. So we surfs can all behave and play nicely

BDSM_tourguide has a thing about no country bashing. No political slander. No personal insults.

what are your standard no no's other than the obviuos ones.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-16-2003, 10:29 AM
They probably look something like the BDSM Library Code of Conduct (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534).

GW is obviously allowed to run things as he sees fit, but the basic rules are simple.

Faibhar
11-16-2003, 01:30 PM
The BDSM Library Code of Conduct posted by BDSM_Tourguide is quite clear, but Mobius's concern is duly noted.

As an additional step to respect others heed the guidelines of Mobius, honor the CoC, and avoid posting anything that say, e.g., places a United States, liberal/commie, foot in one's mouth.

GaryWilcox
11-16-2003, 05:25 PM
:: Gives a Jack Elam one-eyed stare. ::

"Well, I knows a varmint when I sees 'um, but only when I sees 'um."

When I step in, it will be because someone got their feelings hurt and something went too far. In those cases, I guess I'll just remove what is not in keeping with the code of conduct and give a polite little reminder.

If something actually made me want to get out my varmint shooter, I'd probably talk with TG and Jinn first before even moving. As a moderator I'm Samurai; I do my master's bidding, and not my own.

My guess is I'll probably have to use these dangerous new powers once a year, tops. We're a pretty well behaved group.

Mobius
11-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GaryWilcox
:: Gives a Jack Elam one-eyed stare. ::

"Well, I knows a varmint when I sees 'um, but only when I sees 'um."

When I step in, it will be because someone got their feelings hurt and something went too far. In those cases, I guess I'll just remove what is not in keeping with the code of conduct and give a polite little reminder.

If something actually made me want to get out my varmint shooter, I'd probably talk with TG and Jinn first before even moving. As a moderator I'm Samurai; I do my master's bidding, and not my own.

My guess is I'll probably have to use these dangerous new powers once a year, tops. We're a pretty well behaved group.

So your saying that BDSM_Tourguide is the supreem over lord and you are the underlord?

GaryWilcox
11-17-2003, 10:24 PM
He's... hmmmm...

He's the guy that's got more experience at the job, Mobius.

TG is someone I respect, and if I was unsure about something and his call made sense, I'd take his lead. Jinn's the boss-- above both our heads looms the Code of Conduct-- them's the rules... varmint.

If I'm going to take some kind of action that involves moving or deleting a post, and I'm fucking steroid-rage mad , I'd get his advice first, as well as Jinn's.

I don't want to say we're equals... I Moderate COMMUNITY, and he Moderates.. well, a little of everything.

Let's call us peers and leave it at that.

Should TG be naughty and forget himself in the COMMUNITY area, I would step in with exactly the same temperance as with any other member, the same as he would step in and do the same for me (anywhere else on the forum where I forget myself and behave badly).

vanillaslave
11-20-2003, 04:11 PM
who does a sub have to blow around here to get something that doesn't say "member" or worse "junior member" under HER nic around here?

i'd settle for nothing. or anything without the word "member" teehee.

yeah i know i am a pushy newbie sub.

er don't use that.

be nice.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-20-2003, 04:31 PM
... you'd have to blow yourself (something I'd like to see), because you have the ability to change the title under your name yourself.

Junior member's not so bad. It just means you have not yet posted 25 messages to the forums.

In the essence of time saving, I'll just change your title into something more appropriate. Hehehehe.... :D

vanillaslave
11-20-2003, 05:03 PM
i'm not a newbie dammit!

BDSM_Tourguide
11-20-2003, 05:39 PM
You're not a newbie, then. :)

vanillaslave
11-21-2003, 04:18 AM
NOW you have captured my essence *wink*