PDA

View Full Version : For Domtotrain: XPE

elyse
11-29-2006, 11:11 PM
the evil, evil Domtotrain offered the words: xenophobia, perplexive, existential

he really should be punished for this.

luckily, i promise only a poem in exchange for three words --- i very carefully do not promise a good poem.

XPE
from whence
comes this fear?
from whence
this perplexive constant,
this absurdly ubiquitous.
all but universal,
hallowed construct
among the would-be unique?

how terrifying
it must be
that we are
so different
so alien
so unknowable
that we must ourselves
embrace xenophobia
in a desperate bid for self-defense?

and, in doing so, condemn
the rest of the world perforce
to spend their days
playing the dreaded 'them'
to our virtuous 'us'?
'vanilla' to our 'kink'?
'mundane' to our 'fen'?
'weird' to our 'normal'?

or vice versa
it matters not

we are all so painfully, pridefully unrivaled
in our prickly existential superiority
yet
in this one thing
are we all the same.

~~ elyse

Panplayer
11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
By chance I came upon this, but I like it. But, I think shorter words evoke more meaning.

elyse
11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
By chance I came upon this, but I like it. But, I think shorter words evoke more meaning.

*nods*

but one works with that which one is given. My aim here was to write something in which the three words i was given -- xenophobia, perplexive, existential -- could become part of the whole :)

Domtotrain
11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I offer you three more words not for Iron Poetry, but for digestive grokking....you are amazing!!! Not only was it brillantly crafted, but the metaphors were perfect. I as so thrilled to call you an aquaintence and even more so to call you friend.

With true admiration for a unique talent, I say thank you.

DTT

TheDeSade
11-30-2006, 06:49 PM
elyse. . . you never fail to amaze me. Such a mastery of language and cobined with a talent to capture a thought and a concept. You make me feel so inadequate in my puny efforts.

Valkyrie402
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Your command of language and your ability to evoke a certain atmosphere with every piece of work you post leaves me humbled and amazed - and very grateful to be able to share them.

Thank you, elyse...