PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Poetry Contest!

TheDeSade
12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the Poetry Contest Forum.

Just a few words of encouragements as we begin.

The Basic Rules

First, let’s all remember that we are here to have fun, to share and to learn a little. To that end, please keep the comments positive. Flaming won’t be tolerated in any form or fashion.

The format here is basically the same as the other contests. Each month will have an announced theme. One difference should be noted here. Occasionally, I may chose to make the theme a form or style rather than a true theme, e.g.; the theme for a month maybe haiku. Those months that have a style for a theme, the actual content of the poem is entirely up to the author. As usual, the rules of the forums must be followed.

Once the entry period closes, public voting will begin. Contest winners will be announced and the winning entry moved to the Poetry Contest Winners thread. Winners will be awarded their appropriate prizes which are entirely dependent on the budget allocated for this contest which at this time is zero so you can easily guess what the prize is going to be also.

Please, only one entry per person each contest.

Since I have been asked to be the project leader for this little operation, I will be the final arbiter on any an all disputes. Bribes are acceptable as are sexual favors.

We will launch this project on January 1, 2007. Watch for the announcement of the first theme and the dates for posting and voting.

Good Luck

TDS

PS.. . . I think this is my 4,500th post to the forum

moptop
12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Can we start building up the bribery and sexual favours now to get a stock in for when it starts?

cariad
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Peeps in and admires the poetic interior design, checks the rules, notes facilities for bribing purposes and nips out again thinking it all looks very good!

cariad

Talia
12-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Ooooooooooo this place looks soooooo cool. I can't wait.

Congrats on the 4,500th post..glad you saved it for this occasion.

StillBehindBlueEyes
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Any particular bribes that you favor? :)

TheDeSade
12-25-2006, 05:10 PM
January Poetry Contest

Ok Folks, its that time. Get your pencils sharp, your erasers cleaned and your brand new big cheif tablet ready to go.

The January entries for the Poetry Contest may be entered anytime after December 29, 2006. I decided to open the entries a couple of days early since, well . . I am bored.

Please see the thread titled "January Poetry Entries" for the January Topic. RUles are simple, please enter only your own, original poetry that is somehow related to the topic for that month.

Good Luck to you all.

TDS