PDA

View Full Version : Poetry Contest - TOPICS

TheDeSade
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Since for some of us the creative process can be a long and laborious process, I will do my best to give everyone plenty of time to compose, edit and polish their works for the poetry contest.

Here is the tentative schedule for topics for the first portion of 2007

January – To start this off, I wanted to do something that would give everyone plenty of creative room. So, the topic for January 2007 is broad and right in line with the forums
Topic – Bondage

Posting open January 1, 2007 and closes January 15, 2007. Voting opens January 15, 2007 and closes January 31, 2007.

February - Something a little different but along the same lines.
Topic – First Submission

March – A change of pace. This months topic is a poem written as an acrostic and the title is “Take Me Please.” If you aren’t familiar with acrostics, the typical style is to take the title and the first word of each line of the poem starts with the corresponding letter of the title. In this case, the poem will be 12 lines.

April – April Fools and that means it is Limerick Month. Give us your best or worst.

May – Time to get back to basic topics. Topic - Gags (being gagged, gagging a submissive, etc)

June – Lets turn the tables a little. Topic – Masters Touch

TDS

This gets us through the first half of the year. I will try and keep the topics posted about 6 months in advance.

Timberwolf
12-04-2006, 08:18 PM
*begins plotting*

cariad
12-04-2006, 11:32 PM
What a great range of topics TDS - well done, your creative processes were certainly running well.

cariad

Talia
12-05-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm getting excited too...thanks TDS for making this happen. You've done a wonderful job.

elyse
12-05-2006, 11:40 AM
your poets are all a-quiver with anticipation, TDS!

Thank you soooo much for taking on this project!!!

Widget
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow very exciting hehe *plots*

slaveangel{HM}
12-09-2006, 01:06 AM
*smiles* This will be fun indeed! ThankYou so much for organising this event for Uus.

TheDeSade
02-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Here is the updated schedule for topics for the poetry contest for 2007

February - Something a little different but along the same lines.
Topic – First Submission

March – A change of pace. This months topic is a poem written as an acrostic and the title is “Take Me Please.” If you aren’t familiar with acrostics, the typical style is to take the title and the first word of each line of the poem starts with the corresponding letter of the title. In this case, the poem will be 12 lines.

April – April Fools and that means it is Limerick Month. Give us your best or worst.

May – Time to get back to basic topics. Topic - Gags (being gagged, gagging a submissive, etc)

July - Lets throw a curve and have a topic based on the popular Fun and Games thread, The Iron Poet Challenge. Submit a piece that contains the three words given.

the three words are: contrite, entreat, desecrate

Eponine
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Congratulations to Elyse winning January's contest!

Where can I find the other entries for January?

TheDeSade
03-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Each months entries will be moved to the Erotic Poetry Thread and will be in a thread titled with the month.

Here are january's http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8876

TDS

Eponine
03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Gracias, Senor

TheDeSade
04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Here is an updated list of the Upcoming Poetry Contest Topics with some new additions.

July - Lets throw a curve and have a topic based on the popular Fun and Games thread, The Iron Poet Challenge. Submit a piece that contains the three words given.

the three words are: contrite, entreat, desecrate

August - Back to Basics this month. A poem in the format of your choice on the topic Bound and gagged

September - Something a bit more classical. A Shakespearean Sonnet with the topic Fetish Dreams

moptop
06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
Just a sudden thought - do these have to be new poems we've written specifically for the contest? Or if we just happen to have something that fits - not of course that it would occur to any of us to write about things like whips and gags and stuff unless encouraged to do so, weg - can we post it? even if we've already posted it in the poetry threads, indeed?

I havn't got one specifically in mind, just a thought...

^firefly^
06-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Moptop,

I'm not sure that it would matter, so I would say that using something you had already written would be okay (after all, unless you came out and told us, how would we know?) so long as it fits the theme for the month.

If any of the more senior mods notice this and want to weigh in, I'll defer to their wisdom.

thrall
09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Knock knock..........*smiles*

ooohhh no!!!!...........no advanced warning on the October, November and December topics...........:eek:

ElectricBadger
09-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh no's indeed, Thrall! Although FireFly is still out for a bit, I've gotten the green light to introduce themes for now, so, predictably,

The theme for October is Beat Poetry!

For examples, I suggest Howl (http://www.rooknet.com/beatpage/writers/ginsberg.html#howl) (the definitive beat poem) or Sunflower Sutra (http://www.rooknet.com/beatpage/writers/ginsberg.html#sunflower) (a bit more accessible) by Allan Ginsberg, or Mexico City Blues (http://www.rooknet.com/beatpage/writers/kerouac.html#211chorus) by Jack Kerouac.

As before, this theme is intended to be inspirational, not limiting. Interpret it as fits yourself and your own style, or respond to it with another. The authors mentioned above would be the first to tell you not to stress about style or convention, that there is no 'right way', so have fun with this!

moptop
09-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Hey, EB - given your August entry, you should win this hands down! That was soooooo neat.

annie
09-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Thank you EB! Great Topic!

thrall
09-14-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL

thanks EB.........

ElectricBadger
09-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Heheh thanks all, 'specially you moptop (it's like I have a fan base! whee!) -- but I think it's probably crazy conflict of interest to make up the themes and then compete under them...I'll keep my submissions in the library for now :)

Glad you all like the theme though; I'm really looking forward to reading your stuff!

thrall
09-15-2007, 04:38 AM
I knew that you were stacking the deck in your own favor!!!!!!! How could you do this to poor defenseless subs????!!!!!!

But then again..................lol............you are assuming that moptop and I cant take you in a fair fight. If you don't enter how will we ever know..........if we really won............your cant stop now........your stuck!!!!! Just remember your not judging, are you now??????

Come on moptop ...........we can take him, he doesn't stand a chance!!!!!!!

love you EB............remember you had fair warning from Rhabbi........lmao

Thrall