PDA

View Full Version : blackheads where?!!

violetgem
12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I know topics on shaving have been brought up, and a lot of good conversation has come out of it, and I got a few tips out of them. This is on the shaving topic, but I didn’t want to steal someone else’s thread with my question. It is embarrassing but I figure getting some feedback and maybe help on this could do me no wrong. Ok, I am completely shaven and have been for many years, I don’t really get razor burn anymore (thank goodness), and this never started happening till recently, I started getting kind of like blackheads in the hair follicles. Now don’t think I don’t shower or clean properly because I do, and I know dirt and oil can get into hair follicles, especially if the follicles are being “tampered” with, but I don’t know how to reduce this problem. I am reluctant to use a blackhead cream or exfoliate cream for this area of my body, because I know how sensitive the skin there can be. I have never heard of this happening before so I am just kind of lost on this new issue going on with my body. So if anyone has a remedy or so good advice I would appreciate it. Thanks
~gem~

pixie_dust
12-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Hmmm...interesting question. When I shave, I use a facial cleansing cream, and this seems to keep my skin in good condition without needing to use a moisturizer. With that in mind, you may want to consider using some type of facial mask. It would do the deep cleansing of the hair folicles (like it would for pores) and not irritate the skin like an astringent.

DrkRvn
12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Grrr... I thought I posted to this thread the other day, must not have gone through... ok let me retry ad sum up since it was long... First black heads are not always a sign of poor hygene they can also be a sign of internal chemical in balance, just like some facial pimples. Two if you are worried about skin sensitivity to other creams and lotions and exfoliant creams, i use scrubby gloves to clean down there, it exfoliates well and you can control how hard you scrub.... side note they can be fun for masterbating too...if you like it hard... But going back to chemical internal stuff, I get pimples down there a week after the end of my period without fail, reguardless of how clean i keep myself, its just become part of my monthly cycle...

oh the other point I forgot... in grown hairs! those happen whne you shave down there and don't exfoliate. they can beconfused with or lead to blackheads if you don't take care of them.

Anyways thats all.

violetgem
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
thanks for the input and ideas!!!

suzy9
03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
i personally use exfoliating gloves. This reduces the irritation, in grown hairs etc.

curiousgirl
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
there is a particular cream that you can use for it - one specifically designed for those who have brazillians etc. I'm just having difficulty remembering the brand name.

wingsofanangel
04-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Cetaphil is a wonderful cleanser you can use... Its for the face but is sooooo gentle that it would be safe for that area....

Remember to exfoliate well .... with a loofah.. and let the hair soften under warm water for a few minutes before shaving. Always use a new blade and some sort of cream or lather... I have found that " Venus" is the best blade to use...

Although Noxzema makes these mini razor.. jsut for that area.. and they are really good!

Remember to mositurize the skin as well.. but just the outter portions... don't put lotion or anything else within the folds of that area.... it could mess up your bodies naturtal PH.

From time to time I get an ingrown hair or something.... don't pick at it... it'll go away... if it really bothers you.. you can use tweezers or something like that to get the little pesky hair out from under the skin.. BUT ALWAYS use clean tools.. and wash well with an anti bacterial soap.

Hope this helps!

jeanne
04-16-2007, 04:23 AM
I second the use of a new Venus razor - I've had good luck with it. I only use the disposable version 3-5 times before I replace it. I should buy stock in the company since I am supporting them so well! ;)

ceegee{Benz}
04-16-2007, 05:22 AM
I second the use of a new Venus razor - I've had good luck with it. I only use the disposable version 3-5 times before I replace it. I should buy stock in the company since I am supporting them so well! ;)

chuckles im with u with that 1

im very lucky i just use the gillette venus razor and gel.... i dont use any creams afterwards...never have needed to