PDA

View Full Version : Translator needed

simons
04-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Hi,

I'm in the progress of writing a BDSM-novel called "Nadine" and I want to publish it in the "library".
But: I'm German and so is the story.

Is anybody out there, who is able and interested to translate the first four chapters, which got very enthusiastic reviews by German readers?

Lauren
04-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I'm interpreter for German and Spanish. Mail me your story and I'll check if my German is good enough to translate it ;)

Lauren

lauren@arizona.com

ErikavonKZ
04-14-2002, 02:39 AM
Hello,

I read German and would love to see your story (in German). :)

simons
04-22-2002, 05:29 AM
I finally found someone, who is able and willing to translate the whole novel.

Since the translator is also German, he suggested that his text should be edited by someone, whose native language is English.
This will be in a month or so, when the translation of the first chapter is finished.

In the meantime, I wish to thank all other forum members, who took interest in my story and offered their assistance.

GaryWilcox
04-22-2002, 04:14 PM
I'd be willing to offer editing on the translation of your story, simons.

Let me know if I can be of help.

ErikavonKZ
04-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Reviewed by Erika von KZ and her incestuous brother

This quite stylish text caters for sight, taste, smell and touch and offers bits of elegant conversation. The writer is clearly well read and refers to de Sade (though he gets Juliette's character wrong), the Kamasutra and the French artists Crepax and Pichard.

The author seems to be familiar with the "golden rule" of erotic art - be it text or drawings - that the number of persons acting must be odd. Thus, in Chapter One, we start out with two (mature) women and a teen-aged toy-boy. When one of the women reduces her participation to that of observer, the one toying with the boy starts fantasizing about abusing a teen-aged girl (who happens to be her own daughter), thus brining the number of actors back to three - albeit that the third person is present only in her mind. But, as Rachel Welsh said, "The brain is also an erogenous zone."

There is, however, a longish text with just Nadine - a very young woman - and a male tormentor, the household's valet. Only at the end of this bit do we learn that Nadine's mother is perfectly aware of her daughter being maltreated by the valet. It would have been more fun having Mom observe the proceedings between daughter and valet, thus creating a triangle.

There are also drawn out and irrelevant musings by people of very little interest, lengthy presentations of "historical data"(?), a very long mock trail during which - surprise, surprise - Nadine is found guilty, and a full, oh so full, time schedule for the blacksmith (chains) and what not. Some readers may love Nadine's cruel mother who voluptuously enjoys watching her naked daughter being maltreated and asks that the victim be left without a gag so that she can enjoy her shrieks under the whip, but we really never get a close look at this lovely mom.

The author belongs to the school of thought who wants us to believe that being severely whipped excites the (female) victim. Sancta simplicitas.

Despite an obvious need for a radical reduction in size there are quite a few very tasty morsels.

simons
04-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Since very few people have the opportunity to follow this discussion at the moment ("Nadine - Chapter one will be sent to the library in a few days), here only a few notes:

1. Thanks for the review. It's the most detailed and thoughtful, I've got so far.

2.The author didn't get Juliette's (deSade) character wrong, the teacher in the classroom did, which was immediatly noticed by Nadine's mother.

3.Yes, I admit gladly, that there are quite a few drawn out passages. The author belongs to the people, who really enjoyed that nine-hour-video-version of "The Story Of O". So beware!!!!
(And by the way, Tolstoi's "War and Peace" and Stephen Kings "The Stand" are my favourite novels)

4. Characters, who seem irrelevant in the four chapters, the reviewer has read, may not stay irrelevant.

5. The passages with the "historical data" were especially recommended by German readers.
Pity, that you obviously didn't enjoy them.

6. A triangle Nadine - mother - valet could indeed be interesting, but that doesn't help my future plans with these three, which are hopefully much more interesting.

7. The author doesn't belong to the school of thought who wants the readers to believe that being severely whipped excites the (female) victim.
The author DOES belong to the school of thought who wants the readers to believe that playing with seemingly worn out cliches is sometimes a worthy and lustful cause.

So much for now....

Marcus
09-14-2002, 02:25 AM
Many of us are waiting patiently for the tale of Nadine.

I hope the translation is progressing well.

simons
09-14-2002, 02:45 AM
The translation of the first chapter is finished, but it still needs editing by a person, whose mother-language is English.

I haven't heard anything from the person, who volunteered for this job, for months, but since I'm also busy with other things, I don't want to push her or him.

If there are any other helpful editors out there, it could be a matter of days to send the first chapter to Jinn.

Mobius
02-18-2003, 08:25 PM
I have been downloading quite a few henti erotic comic books
I guess they call call them magni or something like it.

any one want to translate
I of curse do not read or speak Japanese.
I would love to learne

but dont have the talent for language. I guess i am just an ungly american who thinks the world
revolve's english.

The content looks very interesting lots of bondage and torture
lot's of incest too

cant upload a sample becouse they are over the 100kb limit

if you give me an email I can send you one or more

BDSM_Tourguide
02-19-2003, 12:07 AM
From the root Mangajin, which is a Japanese magazine for entertainment. Some of the artwork in there several years ago styled the anime/hentai/manga form we know today.

I read and speak some Japanese. I took several Japanese language and culture classes in college. It's been years though since I have had the use to use it. I doubt I would be any more help than you would translating your manga.

Mobius
02-19-2003, 04:45 PM
If there was any one out there that could
not a life or death thing
just wondering is all thanks for the help;)