PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of the Author's Place Forum

ElectricBadger
12-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome to Author's Place, friends old and new!

Here in the Library we have several literary forums, each with a specific purpose. Because organization helps connect questions to answers, and allows a better search venue for topics already covered, placing the right posts in the right forums is important.

This forum's purpose is to serve as a venue for questions, comments, and anecdotes about the authoring process: the non-technical aspects of how to create a work, the process of publishing something here on the Library or elsewhere (print or electronic media) and how to connect to an audience.

Be aware that off-topic threads may be moved (I'm going to undertake an effort to sort out the archives over the next...um...period of time!) This is absolutely not a comment of the validity or quality or worth of anything posted; it's just an effort to categorize. If you're offended or disagree with any moves of the archives, please send me a message to sort it out!

It may also help to be aware of the purpose of the other forums.

Writer's Block covers the technical aspects of writing: grammar, word choice, structure and things of that nature are best taken up there.

Critic's Circle discusses the review process: how to be a good reviewer, what can be done to encourage responses and general criticism about broad genres of work.

Story Feedback is where to post longer comments on the Library's works, and where to post any requests for reviews of your own work. It's also where to post any fiction (erotic or otherwise) you'd like to have edited.

Story Ideas is the place to post your suggestions for what sort of content you'd like to see others write about, or for ideas to fill out your own material.

-Electric Badger

Rabbit1
12-18-2006, 03:43 PM
I would also like to add the Author's Place is also a place to request Proof readers --for them to meet up with the authors -