PDA

View Full Version : delete this forum

vanillaslave
11-23-2003, 06:26 PM
and put up a sign with the rules...

it would make things much easier.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-23-2003, 06:31 PM
BDSM Library Code of Conduct (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534)

vanillaslave
11-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Yes exactly. so why is anyone asking for suggestions?

BDSM_Tourguide
11-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Who's asking for suggestions? And about what?

GaryWilcox
11-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Having the freedom to speak in a forum like this means that someone has to come down and be the heavy, tell grown folks... friends and peers... when they're acting like bad little children, varmints, or whatever.

It's important that every member be able to express an opinion, as long as it is topic specific and meant to provoke...

1) thought and

2) open and honest discussion.

In the last three months, we've seen a couple of the threads in this forum really come alive. I'd hoped that we could get past days of topics being put up to annoy, injure, or goad each other into flame wars.

Vanilla, I give a damn about what happens to you in your life, and I hope you understand that, and believe it. I care enough to tell you when you're making a mistake, or behaving badly.

Your opinions are accepted where you've made them known. But there's no apparent point to this post. It's rude for rude's sake.

Talk specifically about what's bugging you, look for some kind of solution, or just drop it. I realize this is basically the 'part of the solution/part of the problem" speech, but you need to listen to it.

Sometime, we might reach a point where a rule within the code of conduct must be removed, altered, or added for the good of the community. Or someone might just want to have a chat room so we can get together and talk in realtime.

That's what this part of the forum is for.

Now, before you react to this post, stop. Think. Don't make me read ugly remarks. Don't take a quick shot and run. Try talking to me. Tell me if I'm upsetting you somehow, oor TG, or Jinn. Tell me what I can actually do to help you, a friend, or the forum in general. If you don't know how to fix it, but see the problem anyways, tell me and let's talk instead of this catty, pointless dance.

I am far too busy being a chatroom whore to do this dance. :D

You know I'll try to fix it. Calmly and undramatically.