PDA

View Full Version : Wishing everyone a special Christmas

cariad
12-22-2006, 03:59 AM
I have made no secret of my Christian faith...so much as I enjoy the fun of Christmas I also wish to post a more serious Christmas greeting; so to each and everyone of you, my prayer is that over the next few days He will bless you in a special way.

cariad

Talia
12-22-2006, 04:48 AM
Master is always telling me to "have faith" well..Because of many things that have happened in my life, I had none until I met Master. He's helped me to appreciate my religion that was very dear to me once. As for faith, I have been trying..and sometimes..it's easier to have that faith. For the first time in a long time...it's a holiday that's not for my kids, but the reason this season is here.

Cariad..I wish you a very Merry Christmas as you go off to celebrate the most meaningful holidays. *hugs*

lizeskimo
12-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I'd like to wish everyone here a super merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year. Take care and be safe, whatever you get up to.*smiles*

lizeskimo.

Qmoq
12-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Merry Christmas, cariad! *hugs in a moderately holy way*

Qmoq xx

DungeonMaster6
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
I too wish everyone here a joyous, peaceful Christmas and a healthy, prosperous New Year.

mkemse
12-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Greetings All,
May YOU All have the Best Christmas EVERY and Most Prosperous of New Years in 2007

rora
12-24-2006, 08:46 AM
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.

Merry Christmas everyone.

TomOfSweden
12-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Is it wrong to be in it for the presents?

edit: I though Chistmas was a pagan holiday? I mean, except the name. What exactly is it that makes it Christian? Is there anything in it that stems from a Christian tradition, or is it just up here in the north we lack it?

DungeonMaster6
12-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Tom, of course most if not all of Christmas traditions were borrowed from Pagans, but the main idea is that Jesus' birth is celebrated on December 25. Truthfully, we don't really know when Christ was born. The Christian church selected that day to coincide with the Pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice.

But still, Christmas to me is a time of giving and receving presents, being with family and friends, and feeling merriment. It should be a time of peace (unless your a soldier in Iraq ) and sharing.

I don't think it's a requirement that we all be religious to celebrate Christmas, but if you are or not, so be it.

TomOfSweden
12-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Tom, of course most if not all of Christmas traditions were borrowed from Pagans, but the main idea is that Jesus' birth is celebrated on December 25. Truthfully, we don't really know when Christ was born. The Christian church selected that day to coincide with the Pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice.

But still, Christmas to me is a time of giving and receving presents, being with family and friends, and feeling merriment. It should be a time of peace (unless your a soldier in Iraq ) and sharing.

I don't think it's a requirement that we all be religious to celebrate Christmas, but if you are or not, so be it.

No, I get it. I really do. Just some Christmas humor. We celebrated yesterday. This is the day after Christmas for us northerners. And the giving and recieving presents isn't either Christmas or pagan. It's a very recent invention not conected to anything religious.

Everyday should be a time of peace, no matter what your religion.

Talia
12-25-2006, 03:46 AM
Everyday should be a time of peace, no matter what your religion.

I'll drink to that...oh wait...cariad hasn't broke out the champainge yet...

TomOfSweden
12-25-2006, 04:31 AM
I'll drink to that...oh wait...cariad hasn't broke out the champainge yet...

That won't stop me. Cheers and Merry whatever.

Talia
12-25-2006, 04:40 AM
That won't stop me. Cheers and Merry whatever.

Heck, your right.....Merry whatever to you too Tom of Sweden.

*looks over at cariad's desk and see the keys laying there and goes off to open the celler* Now, I think that was a bad idea...leaving me access to the cellers. WEG Now...where's the brandy?

rce
12-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!