PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

pandemonium
11-25-2003, 12:31 PM
What is a D ring?

BDSM_Tourguide
11-25-2003, 01:46 PM
It is a piece of metal, usually chrome-plated steel, that is shaped like a D and fastened to a collar. The D-ring provides the attachment point for a leash, rope or other type of anchor.

pandemonium
11-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Just doin' my job, Ma'am.

*Tipping my ten gallon hat.*

BruceBoxer
11-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Isn't that a 10 litre hat in Canada? You ain't a Texan anymore!

(he says tipping his true, honest to god, no-shit, custom made in Bandara (cowboy capitol of the world) ten GALLON hat....

Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
Just doin' my job, Ma'am.

*Tipping my ten gallon hat.*

vinsint
11-25-2003, 05:16 PM
A fleeing Texan?!

Get a rope....

reverie35
11-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Monitor, Monitor

This thread is waaaaaaay off topic.

The D-ring on my posture collar just does not go with my cowboy hat.

Curtis
11-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Hmm. And THAT brings up an interesting point: If the purpose of the thread is accomplished in the first two posts, can anything posted after that truely be off-topic? Would the third post establish a new topic? What IS the air speed of an African swallow?

Sorry. Tonight's a good night.

vinsint
11-25-2003, 07:51 PM
What do they call D Rings in Islam?

You know...where they dont' have the letter D?

Whoah.....

rallan
11-26-2003, 05:24 AM
Looks like islamic b&d enthusiasts are screwed, since they've got no letter with a convenient D-ring shape. There's a couple that come close (däd, ha', and säd for example), but none of them come as close as the capital roman D to the right shape.

Rallan
- ain't it amazing how a quick Yahoo search can make me look smart

Jones, Nikka
11-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Hey guys! Islam is a religion. You probably are thinking about Arabic, the language. (I am not sure myself)

Get your facts straight please. This is how prejudice and international incidents begin

vinsint
11-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Jones, Nikka
Hey guys! Islam is a religion. You probably are thinking about Arabic, the language. (I am not sure myself)

Get your facts straight please. This is how prejudice and international incidents begin

Actually, this was ignorance as I sat there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out the name of the language, I took the best guess I could, and failed. Thanks for correcting me, but no thanks for the slightest assumption that I was trying to be prejudice in any form or fashion.

Finding_Fantasy
11-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by vinsint
A fleeing Texan?!

Get a rope....

(evil sinister laugh) He wil never leave Canada! I am slowly but surely taking over the USA and Canadianizing it. (hehehe TG says eh now!!!)

"Y'all know, eh?"

BruceBoxer
11-26-2003, 02:25 PM
And all this time I was trying to bring the big "C" over to the dark side by making it the 52nd state--that make the border crossing on the AlCan alot easier--but then there goes an opportunity for a strip search--guess everything has its pluses and minuses...

Originally posted by Finding_Fantasy
(evil sinister laugh) He wil never leave Canada! I am slowly but surely taking over the USA and Canadianizing it. (hehehe TG says eh now!!!)

"Y'all know, eh?"

rallan
11-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by vinsint
Actually, this was ignorance as I sat there for about 5 minutes trying to figure out the name of the language, I took the best guess I could, and failed. Thanks for correcting me, but no thanks for the slightest assumption that I was trying to be prejudice in any form or fashion.

Weird. For some reason I didn't even notice that you called it islamic, or that I called it islamic in my reply. But somehow I managed to look up "arabic script" on yahoo without it registering in my brain.

Rallan

GaryWilcox
11-28-2003, 06:18 AM
clears his throat

What was the question again?

woodsman'sgame
11-28-2003, 06:48 AM
I think it was:

How do you say D-ring in Arabic if you are Islamic?

GaryWilcox
11-28-2003, 09:41 AM
I am not Islamic... nor do I know much about middle eastern culture (that isn't Arabian Nights cliche), or the various languages of the middle east.

I suspect that instead of a "d", that particular type of ring might be called a crescent ring, for it's 'half-moon' shape. certainly, for someone writing BDSM about middle eastern folks, I would call that a safe bet until someone more knowledgeable comes along. Hope that helps, Vinsint!

By the way... I do not consider Vinsint's question topic drift-- sound like a good match for the initial, "what's a d-ring" question to me. But, lets move away from Vinsint's Islam/unknown Middle-Eastern language boo-boo until someone who speaks one of those languages would care to answer the question at hand.