PDA

View Full Version : have we been forgotten?

DrkRvn
12-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I know people are busy round the holidays and such but I just wanted to raise a flag here as there are a few of us who have had no comment about writing stories or the stories we have written for several weeks... not trying to nag or anything. just a small shout of we're still here!

orchid
12-30-2006, 10:19 PM
i know i have been really bad for my participation here - i am in level 2 and need to hand in my 'final' assignment to move on and its been that way for months...for some reason, i just can't bring myself to try to write anything right now...

ElectricBadger
12-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not exactly sure where everyone is, but no, you're never forgotten!

levantegirl
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
i disagree.

ElectricBadger
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Awww *hugs* I'd try to help out, but I'm not in any of the advanced rooms :P feel free to post some things in the other authoring forums, though.

Ruby
01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay - what's up folks?

Are people not being let into the first level?

Are you missing feedback from your instructors?

And for those of you who are students, are you helping each other out with constructive reviews?

We're all in this together.

Ruby
Level Three Instructor

DrkRvn
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM
All of the above. None of the instructors have given some of us feed back on our stories, my Lord Kishi requested to join and has heard nothing, adn a couple of us asked if we weren't going to get feed back could we at least get another assignment and have heard nothing yet, at least as far as I know.

ElectricBadger
02-02-2007, 02:02 AM
I posted a link to this thread in the mod forum; we are trying to insure no one is forgotten at all. It may have been a hiccup in our recent reorganization? Dunno...but as I mentioned, if you'd like go ahead and post it in one of the other writing forums and we can at least get some peer review going!

Aussiegirl1
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, I have my assignments posted in a sticky in the level two thread and as soon as I know someone is in level two, they are contacted and told they can begin their first assignment. I make sure to post a comment to any story written by a level two student as soon as I can.

It has been very quiet in level two lately though, with only one or two stories posted for my review in the last month or so. I don't have a problem with students taking their time to get the level done, as it needs to be something they want to do and not something they feel under pressure to finish.

I am sure all of our instructors do their best to keep up to date with their students, but there may be times when we don't always get to a story as fast as we would like. I suggest to my students to send me a PM either when they have posted a story/ assignment, or if I have not commented on it after a few days.

I would love to have more students active in level two, so hang in there and I hope to see all of the level one students promoted to level two in good time.

cheers
Aussiegirl

Rabbit1
02-08-2007, 09:26 AM
well for those that did not know ---this was intended to be for the writers and run by writers of this site ---out of 2000+ writers only two steped forward to donate any time to do this ---the admin and mods tried to fill in but as this site grows ---it is not possible for the mods and admin to continue--Myself right now I am in the middle of a Tornado disaster in Florida --so even my limited time here is even more limited ---others are streached to cover for me in my regular duties here not counting the Writer's Block ---

I think it was a grand Idea ---but it just did not work ---I got the idea because so many "writers" were giving bad reviews to new writers and I thought maybe they would rather help teach new writers --but it seems they would rather complain

tessa
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
well for those that did not know ---this was intended to be for the writers and run by writers of this site ---out of 2000+ writers only two steped forward to donate any time to do this ---the admin and mods tried to fill in but as this site grows ---it is not possible for the mods and admin to continue--Myself right now I am in the middle of a Tornado disaster in Florida --so even my limited time here is even more limited ---others are streached to cover for me in my regular duties here not counting the Writer's Block ---

I think it was a grand Idea ---but it just did not work ---I got the idea because so many "writers" were giving bad reviews to new writers and I thought maybe they would rather help teach new writers --but it seems they would rather complain

So does this mean that there won't be any more "Writer's Block"? It kind of sounds that way, but I am obviously asking anyway...since I am interested in it and all. Sorry to add to the load of everything else. :o Thanks though!

H Dean
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Rabbit, as I mentioned before, my time is rather limited. Just the same, I am more than willing to help out if possible. The main difficulty for me will be my consistent inconsistency timewise.

Dragon's muse
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
i haven't done much writing on this site, but i am a professional writer and editor and a teacher of creative writing. if i can help in any way, please let me know. i thought you had plenty of people, or i would have said something sooner.

Ruby
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
It would be great to keep the Writer's Block active.

We have instructors for levels 2, 3 and 4.
Those students can continue as long as Aussiegirl and I have time to work with them or can replace ourselves with new instructors.

We need a volunteer or three to work with students at level one.

Those instructors would also review requests, so new students can be added to this level.

Rabbit and the other instructors have put together a basic "course outline" for each level, with assignments to work on particular things. So volunteers wanting to lead and assist with level one, don't have to start from scratch.

Do we have any volunteers?

Want to know more before volunteering?

Please let us know.

Dragon's muse
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Volunteering here! Let me know what you need me to do. i enjoy helping new writers.

Aussiegirl1
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Volunteering here! Let me know what you need me to do. i enjoy helping new writers.

Thank you so much, Dragon's muse! :woohoo:

I know I would hate to see the writer's block close down as it does offer such a wonderful service to it's students. Thanks for offering your time and your expertise. :p

Ruby
02-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Whoo hoo, Dragon's Muse, that's great! Thanks.

ElectricBadger
02-08-2007, 11:02 PM
*three cheers for Dragon's Muse!*

Rabbit1
02-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks Dragon's Muse----I will get you access to the levels so you can look around and Talia should be contacting you soon as to what needs to be done

any new students who wish to enter should PM Talia or Cariad they will have to give you access to level one ---instructors should contact them of any students moving up to the next level

H Dean
02-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Rabbit, I really would like to help a bit, if it's at all possible. I suspect that, considering what I have read, even a hit and run individual, like me, might be able to lend some assistance here and there.

Ruby
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
H Dean,

Your help is always welcome. If you don't want to take on any particular level, we can always use a "guest instructor" to drop by the class levels, view the assignments and provide constructive feedback.

If you'd like to do that, please contact Talia or Cariad to provide you with access to the writer's block for each level.

I'd be happy to have you join the team,

Ruby

Aussiegirl1
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM
H Dean,

Your help is always welcome. If you don't want to take on any particular level, we can always use a "guest instructor" to drop by the class levels, view the assignments and provide constructive feedback.

If you'd like to do that, please contact Talia or Cariad to provide you with access to the writer's block for each level.

I'd be happy to have you join the team,

Ruby

Ruby, that is a great idea to have H Dean be a " guest instructor" when he has the time.

H Dean, I do hope to see you join the team in this way, as I am sure your honest reviews would be of assistance to both the students and the instructors. Plus, it would be fun to have you as part of the team too. :)