PDA

View Full Version : User Timeouts

burger_01
11-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Pleeeese, is there a way we can increase the user timeouts?

Unless there is some cryptic way of getting around it, like enabling more java features of the site. I'm really getting tired of working out exactly how i wish to respond to a thread, only to hit the reply button and see the login screen again.. when I logged in just before attempting to reply.

Do we really have to write our posts in word then hit reply and paste it into the window?

cheers
Eric

BDSM_Tourguide
11-07-2003, 12:02 AM
... you can alleviate that problem by enabling cookies in your browser and selecting the remeber my login name and password option on this site in your user cp.

I never get times out or logged off.

burger_01
11-07-2003, 10:43 PM
I've enabled cookies, hopefully it'll prevent the problem.

Thanks TG

~d~
11-28-2003, 05:30 PM
not sure if this is where this goes...*cheeky grin*...but i figure it is a good place for it to start...

i have a problem... when i come to the boards and start looking around if i stay idle just reading threads or stories... when i go to post i find that i am no longer logged in... i have lost several posts this way...and not had the time to do re-writes...

Is there anyway i can prevent this from happening in the future?

Mobius
11-28-2003, 08:25 PM
other wize you have the problem you are experiancing

~d~
11-28-2003, 10:00 PM
okay i have the auto log on off because i use a shared computer but i have the: Browse board with cookies? on... is that the problem?

BDSM_Tourguide
11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
There were two threads on this, so I merged them.

GaryWilcox
11-28-2003, 10:35 PM
I moved this thread from Community over here. Wasn't TG.

~d~
11-28-2003, 10:40 PM
only one itsy bitsy problem....

*grin* i have people that share my computer that it would actual be illegal for them to be here... so i can't have it set to where it will do an auto log on.... and i think if i set it up like you propose in the other thread that would be the results

from what i am hearing it is just a problem i am going to have to live with....but thanks for the imput...

~d~
11-28-2003, 10:42 PM
wow... i didn't feel a thing....and i was posting at the time...lol...very smooth move...

kittenfemme
11-29-2003, 10:11 AM
You could try writing your longer posts in a text editor (TextEdit, MS Word, OpenOffice, Etc) first. You can write as much as you wish, save as often as you like, and even spell check. Simply copy and paste when you're done.

Though, if you're like me, you don't know which posts will be the long ones until it's too late. I don't suppose you could simply hit the "BacK" button on your browser and see the text you typed again? That works on the browser I use (Mozilla 1.5) even if the page is php, javascript, or pearl generated.

~d~
11-29-2003, 10:18 PM
lol...i never have a clue how long or short a post is going to be...

i have tried the back button and that seems to be a hit and miss proposition...

for anyone else having this problem what i have started doing... and while it's not the perfect salution at least it's a working salution, is that before i hit "submit reply "i high light the text then copy so that if it is lost i can just sign back in and then paste it... to the new reply section...

thanks for the imput everyone...Mobius, TG, GW and kittenfemme
~d~