PDA

View Full Version : Role Playing

Dorkalicious
01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Hello,

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section, but I do believe it is could be part of a bdsm lifestyle (though, sadly not my own at the moment).

If you are confused, I don't mean the regular role-playing in the bedroom where you play cop and robber, lol. I am talking about a very skillful art of words, where the two (or possibly more) people can create a sort of story together that is sexually gratifying. Sort of like one of those cheesy novels you can pick up in the back of a bookstore, lol.

I was part of a community in my "younger" years in the AOL chat rooms where people would RP. It could be anything from playing Final Fantasy characters to a character you've made up yourself. People would create story lines together and I myself have actually taken some of these and started writing my own.

I just think it's terribly romantic and really takes a relationship to the next level if two people can do this together in a sexual way. This could possibly be because I am an English major, haha.

Has anyone done this with their partner?

If I have confused anyone with this, I will do my best to explain it better. And again, if this is the wrong section -- I really didn't know where to put it.

~hellish one~
01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
hello Dorkalicious ~smiles~ if you are interested in roleplaying perhaps you'd like to take a look at our RP section of the forums HERE! (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

and feel free to join in on any of the open RPs or start one of your own :)

Dorkalicious
01-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Now that sounds like a good idea :) The only problem is that I can't seem to find that section. Would that happen to be in the section I can't reach until I have had 150 posts or more or am I simply missing something obvious?

Thank you :)

~hellish one~
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
hmmm...the link didn't work for you? ~frowns~

no the RP section is open to all members...the Cellar is the one that is based on your post count.

try this instead then...click here to be taken to the Prose Subforums...and then just click "Role Play" from there - http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Kishi
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Okay, nerd warning.

One of the things my girl and I did when she was helping me first get involved was roleplaying. And not just pretending to take roles on and all that- though we did that, too. But I also mean in the D&D way. We built the characters- not that we actually used the character sheets in the bedroom, but we're nerds and it seemed like a good idea. And the characters themselves are being used in the campaign my girl is running, so, yeah, we're nerds. But yes, we have done that.

Dorkalicious
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
hmmm...the link didn't work for you? ~frowns~

no the RP section is open to all members...the Cellar is the one that is based on your post count.

try this instead then...click here to be taken to the Prose Subforums...and then just click "Role Play" from there - http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Oh dear, I just noticed the link you had there. My screen needs to be adjusted apparently, haha. Thank you for the second post, I now know where it is :)

Kishi:

I haven't played D&D, and I don't know much about it. I think it's wonderful that you and your girl have tried it though :):)

DrkRvn
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
For awhile I was part of a online chat room that was a pirate/sexslave ship, and we all had jobs and stuff, and people would just spill out ideas each evening and we would all join in and interact adn such. It was really fun and interesting. and as kishi said earlier we have done some rp based on character from actual rpg's like d&D and such.

cariad
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay, nerd warning.

One of the things my girl and I did when she was helping me first get involved was roleplaying. And not just pretending to take roles on and all that- though we did that, too. But I also mean in the D&D way. We built the characters- not that we actually used the character sheets in the bedroom, but we're nerds and it seemed like a good idea. And the characters themselves are being used in the campaign my girl is running, so, yeah, we're nerds. But yes, we have done that.

You need to speak to Ozme, he tried to get a BDSM themed D&D game running here - there are two threads which are now lost somewhere in the Fun and Games sections.

cariad

gagged_Louise
01-15-2007, 04:37 PM
The Last Word Chain thread (as well as the more compressed Three Word Story often turn into short-term DiD exchange (they're both on the Fun & Games board). Just check out the latest pages in the Last Word thread with yours truly acting bondage sub or abducted girl in danger and you'll see what I mean. Those threads are open to use on the spur, or just toss in a post with an implied situation and see if somebody won't walk in and return the favour.

Dorkalicious
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Sounds fun :) I've read some of it. I'll have to get up the courage to actually do it though. Haha... You have very good writing skills.

gagged_Louise
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Dorkalicious. I was into writing before I got around here, always was a language/writing buff (that's one side of me) but I can't fail to say people like Lizeskimo, TheDeSade and others on that thread have sharpened me on bdsm writing.

gloombunny
01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Okay, nerd warning.

That is so hot.

It's been a minor personal fantasy of mine for a while to find a dom who would also GM a one-player game for me, one with "adult themes" as they say... something about an adventuring heroine who is frequently captured, imprisoned, tortured and humiliated... that sort of thing. ^_^

Kishi
01-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Heh, it's not often that one hears something along the lines of "D&D? That is so hot!" :)

gagged_Louise
01-15-2007, 11:06 PM
DiD, Kishi, Damsel-in-Distress :-)

elyse
01-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I actually have a question about online roleplay, or maybe a mini-rant, or maybe a little of both. Perhaps those who are more familiar with it can tell me whether or not i'm off-base?

I've done some, not a lot, but i was always under the impression that each character drives his or her own action within the story, for example:

CharacterA writes, "I trail my finger down your spine."
CharacterB writes, "I tremble at your touch".

But I keep running into people who write things like "I trail my finger down your spine, and you tremble at my touch." Not just an isolated slip, but repeatedly. Where's the give and take in that?

Some go even farther, not just appropriating the response, but driving all the action, stating that my character has done something that, well, she hasn't, and wouldn't!

This sort of thing makes me feel like i'm not part of the process, and i lose interest. Am i being picky? unrealistic?

gagged_Louise
01-16-2007, 12:00 AM
elyse:

I sense that one has to give cues to the other player/s or goad him/her into making some kind of response, even if you don't know just what this response will be. Otherwise the play would get stuck in a limited situation, it would lose dynamism and momentum. because unlike "Dungeons & Dragons" style RP (which I've never done anyway; in those you have a prescribed complex setting and a number of predefined characters and places) there's not any fixed storyline to follow in bdsm RP, just a number of type situations (robber/victim, master/switch/sub, psychopath/hostage, etc plus the trappings of bdsm culture, sometimes used in a highly ironic way) or anything you care to come up with

If I write that my sub/prisoner character feels the dominant spanking her ass, tearing her bra off and calling her certain things, and that the Dom is "holding something long and thin" (dildo? whip? spreader bar? towel?) behind his back, I'm cuing the other to respond by adding something new and reply to the girl's distressed state (more spanking? evil laughter? a new threat? suepending her in the dungeon?). In one sense I'm over at his side by writing stuff that's starting to happen (he's pulling off her bra, tossing her into a pick-up van etc) but I can't know just what he will do to dvelop it, and I'll have to adapt myself (of course i don't want to be too specific in the things I indicate the other is doing, I pick stuff that I feel would fit the moment). Might add that to me, sticking to your character, is not a totally rigid concept and it's just as much to do with viewpoint (in character, what do you see/feel/hope about what's going on at the moment?) as with merely describing your actions, words and feelings ("Now I'm tying you to the chair...I'm poking your tits...I watch the gagged slut with glee" etc).

It's easier I think to do RPing if both (or all, if you're three or four) are writing in 3rd person, it gets less blunt and more varied, rounded out, easier to develop.

This has to do with trust in the other player - just like in real life playing - when I've been doing this with Sbbe, TDS or Lizeskimo I know there's a flow between us that will take care of those small cues and keep the RP line moving and pulsating, and the mood and the characters consistent. We're on the same wavelength (and if they feel some of my cues will not work for them, they're free to push them aside in some way). That's beautiful and erotic, and it can make it a readable story as well.

I think this works also in more short-line roleplay when you're posting maybe twice a minute and not doing fuller posts with maybe 20 minutes or many hours in between. Everyone has their own ways of handling these things, but if I didn't trust the other player or felt curious about what's going to happen, I wouldn't stay on.

Kishi
01-16-2007, 12:19 AM
I've done a fair bit of (non-erotica) RPG online, and that's a pretty common problem across the spectrum. Some people don't play well with others.

Ozme52
01-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I've played...

Dungeons and Dragons
Tunnels and Trolls
Mustangs and Messerschmidts
Animals and Assholes... (my favorite... at any gamers convention, you pick up a typical unwashed teenaged gamer by the collar and ask "I'm and Animal. What are you?")

Right now I'm refining a personal version of Dungeons and Dominants. Gives a whole new meaning to the term Dungeon Master.

StillBehindBlueEyes
01-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I actually have a question about online roleplay, or maybe a mini-rant, or maybe a little of both. Perhaps those who are more familiar with it can tell me whether or not i'm off-base?

I've done some, not a lot, but i was always under the impression that each character drives his or her own action within the story, for example:

CharacterA writes, "I trail my finger down your spine."
CharacterB writes, "I tremble at your touch".

But I keep running into people who write things like "I trail my finger down your spine, and you tremble at my touch." Not just an isolated slip, but repeatedly. Where's the give and take in that?

Some go even farther, not just appropriating the response, but driving all the action, stating that my character has done something that, well, she hasn't, and wouldn't!

This sort of thing makes me feel like i'm not part of the process, and i lose interest. Am i being picky? unrealistic?

Smiles
Believe it or not I actually share your rant. You'd never tell it by my writing. I find Last Word chain much more satisfying than my rpg stories.
I like writing one liners that express my action and feelings and seeing what can be built off that action or feeling. It's how Hawk and I met.
Now I don't want anyone to think I don't enjoy my rpg's I just like Last Word Chain better.
To play real rpg I think you have to have time on, at the same time or you will find yourself with a choppy unsatisfying story.
So I don't think it's unrealistic if you have a partner with the same schedule.
Sbbe

Dorkalicious
01-16-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree with StillBehindBlueEyes and Elyse.

It has annoyed me to no end when someone else started making my character take actions. Sometimes I would let it slip, but others I wouldn't. Like Kishi, I've done quite a bit of non-erotica online RPing (though I haven't kept up with it for a couple years). If someone is making your character dance around in circles, then what does that leave you to do? I understand if it was a Dom/Sub story line and the dom would yank back on the subs hair saying something to the effect of = *Suddenly he reaches forward and takes a handful of her hair, pulling back hard enough to stop her from breathing* -- That would be obvious in most cases, that you wouldn't be able to breath with your throat at a certain angle.

I think if you are truly trying to create something then both parties should feel like they are their own character, becoming that character I suppose. To me it's a lot more fun that way :)

Daes
01-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Rping! Love it. Ive been rping in some form or another since I was a kid.

I roleplay on a forum that prohibits 'bunnying' which is making someone else's character do something they dont want to do.

I've even taken that idea and placed into my own rps, and clarify that if my character did not say/do/act on something, if its not coming from me, it doesnt happen and ill ignore it and do something else.

Cause I hate that too. The character is Mine to control. Not someone elses.

If Im having an erotic rp with someone and they do this and I usually lose interest and stop altogether. I cant help it, it grates on my nerves to the point where I cant ignore it :/

Beatrice
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree with what people have said. If the action is really forced by the dom in the roleplay, then it's fine for them to go ahead and include it. But as a rule, I really think everyone should control their own character. Otherwise, it's really just a story one person is writing and not a roleplay. I have stopped being quite as insistent on it as I was at first though simply because it is so hard to keep fighting over it.

Hime
01-19-2007, 08:49 AM
That is so hot.

It's been a minor personal fantasy of mine for a while to find a dom who would also GM a one-player game for me, one with "adult themes" as they say... something about an adventuring heroine who is frequently captured, imprisoned, tortured and humiliated... that sort of thing. ^_^

OMG such a good idea... off to go bother D. about it... (I guess you know who I am now, if you hadn't guessed ... :o)

TheDeSade
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
I just found this thread and read through the posts. You know, you guys should write a tutorial on starting, managing and participatingin RP threads. I think a lot of the people who stumble through the forums seethe RP threads and don't really have an idea of what it is about or how to effectively participate.

TDS

Dorkalicious
01-19-2007, 10:03 AM
OMG such a good idea... off to go bother D. about it... (I guess you know who I am now, if you hadn't guessed ... :o)

Completely off topic, but I have that same corset! =D I love it to death....though my boyfriend lost it....*sigh*

Also, about the tutorial -- That sounds like a great idea! Anyone care to start it off?

Daes
01-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I just found this thread and read through the posts. You know, you guys should write a tutorial on starting, managing and participatingin RP threads. I think a lot of the people who stumble through the forums seethe RP threads and don't really have an idea of what it is about or how to effectively participate.

TDS

Thats a good idea! -volunteers?-

Guest 91108
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I think this thread needs to move to that section and be discussed there. thanks.