PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is ...

Fox
12-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Thank you to everyone who entered the first ever story contest.
On behalf of the judges, I'd like to say that the quality of the stories was very high, and the decision is quite difficult.

With Jinn's continued absence, we have been reluctant to announce the winner ...

However ....

Stay tuned, because we will announce the winner on Thursday December 4th....

If Jinn is still away, then I will personally make all the entries available through mIRC starting December 8th.

Thanks again to everyone who entered!;)

Fox
12-03-2003, 08:19 AM
National Enquirer reporters have uncovered a series of scandalous behavior among the judges at the first Story Contest.

Rumors have been circulating for some time that the four international judges have been involved in unseemly and unsavory behavior. The National Enquirer has learned that these rumors are indeed true. Or may be true. Or may be fictitious, it’s hard to say.

Reverie35 , in filing his story to the NE, reports that the Croatian judge, a ravishing redhead, has attempted to lure the Canadian judge into her lair by offering him an extended sampling of Croatian delights at an undisclosed island paradise just off the coast of Croatia. The foxy Canadian judge denied the rumor whilst packing a suitcase with various Northbound Leather items, jars of maple syrup, Tim Horton’s coffee and a hockey stick.

Reverie has also learned that the Italian judge has been spotted trying to weave spaghetti into a Renaissance style flogger-like device that he says is to encourage the American judge to “see things his way”. Noted for his stories involving China, the Italian judge was seen unloading boxes of catnip and chopsticks from the trunk of his Fiat. When asked about this rumor, the American judge merely purred and winked before arching her back gracefully and padding off. Strains of “La Traviata” could be heard as she departed.

Our reporter has not been able to confirm rumors that a Russian judge bowed out of the contest earlier, citing something about a Bolshoi ballerina, Anna Kournikova and hitting balls with a tennis racket.

When approached for comments, here’s what various members of www.bdsmlibrary had to say:

Mobius: “A story contest? Will there be picture books too?”
Faibhar: “I have no comment, it’s not my cross to bear.”
Lady B: “Send the lot to me, I’ll whip them all into shape.”
e e norcod: “There is a scientific explanation for their behaviour, but it escapes me right now. But it won’t escape me for long, and when I capture it ,,, heh heh, “
BDSM Tourguide: “Keep it up and I’ll ban you all from the channel. Or worse still, make you come here to Alberta and cheer for the Oilers.”
Bruce Boxer: “My stories are bigger than theirs.”
Woodsman'sgame was tied up in the back woods and unavailable for comment.
Gary Wilcox: “Oops! I deleted my comment. Sorry.”

slavelucy
12-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Oh Fox - that was SO funny!!! i nearly choked with laughter! Nice one. :)

still LMAO

sl

GaryWilcox
12-03-2003, 10:08 AM
That actually brought a smile to my face! Thanks, Fox.

Although, I don't think you captured Faibhar quite right. I love the guy, but his reply would be more like:

"In such times of heated debate, one would like to have the apropos exegsis. Sadly, that is not my cross to bear..."

And what about Jinn?

"..."

BDSM_Tourguide
12-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh my god! That's the funniest thing I have read in ages!

But, hey, what's that about rooting for the Oilers, eh?

*Fondling ban button.*

Finding_Fantasy
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh... my...God

That was so hilarious!! Thanks, Fox. We all needed a good laugh after the tension in here the last couple of weeks. :)

Escritor
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Yes, indeed Fox, that was hilarious!!! :D :D :D

Thank you so much :p

Regards

woodsman'sgame
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Very funny, Fox.

:D

BruceBoxer
12-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Indeed witty but I gots to ask--do I really come across like that? I'm kinda embarrassed--had no idea--my apologies kids and thanks Fox for giving me a dose of reality.

Originally posted by Fox
National Enquirer reporters have uncovered a series of scandalous behavior among the judges at the first Story Contest.

When approached for comments, here’s what various members of www.bdsmlibrary had to say:

Mobius: “A story contest? Will there be picture books too?”
Faibhar: “I have no comment, it’s not my cross to bear.”
Lady B: “Send the lot to me, I’ll whip them all into shape.”
e e norcod: “There is a scientific explanation for their behaviour, but it escapes me right now. But it won’t escape me for long, and when I capture it ,,, heh heh, “
BDSM Tourguide: “Keep it up and I’ll ban you all from the channel. Or worse still, make you come here to Alberta and cheer for the Oilers.”
Bruce Boxer: “My stories are bigger than theirs.”
Woodsman'sgame was tied up in the back woods and unavailable for comment.
Gary Wilcox: “Oops! I deleted my comment. Sorry.”

woodsman'sgame
12-03-2003, 05:03 PM
BruceBoxer wrote:

Indeed witty but I gots to ask--do I really come across like that? I'm kinda embarrassed--had no idea--my apologies kids and thanks Fox for giving me a dose of reality.

Naw BruceBoxer,

Once or twice you have mentioned your size, but most of the time you come across as someone with a good sense of humor. who has something to say worth listening to, who really loves what he does with his wife and subs.
You're one of the good guys.

BDSM_Tourguide
12-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BruceBoxer

Somehow, I don't think that's what Fox meant at all.

Think about what state you live in and how everything's supposed to be bigger there.

Leave it to an Ex-Texan to have to translate for the poor southern boy. LOL

redEva
12-03-2003, 05:31 PM
...do I really come across like that? I'm kinda embarrassed...

Mr. Boxer Sir!

c’mon, give it a break! We all love you – and anyway – if you got it! Show it off baby!

:D :D :D :D :D :p

brianna
12-04-2003, 12:57 AM
I be fairly new here but even I got enough of those to get a good laugh!

Too funny Fox :D

Fox
12-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Maestro, cue the drum roll

(SFX IN: a drum roll)

(ANNOUNCER)

Ladies and gentlemen, Masters and Mistresses, it is my great pleasure to introduce to you, the winning entries in our inaugural story contest!

(SFX IN: CROWD OOO’S AND AHHHS)
(MUSIC IN: FANFARE FROM “ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA”

(ANNOUNCER)

And the winner is ……

“THE STUFF OF DREAMS”
by ?????

a VERY close First Runner-Up is …

“TAKE ME TO THE CASBAH”
by Harry Berg

Second Runner-Up …

“AN AMERICAN GIRL IN ADEN”
by Aurelius

(MUSIC CRESCENDOES AND FINALE)

The judging was challenging. The four judges were treated to a variety of stories and writing styles.
Following is an excerpt from “The Stuff of Dreams”. We hope that Jinn will have all entries posted as soon as possible.
I will be in the chat channel for a time this afternoons and will distribute copies of the top three stories at that time. I will be using mIRC and will send the stories as .doc files.

Congratulations to everyone who entered. Thank you!

Fox
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
The excerpts are posted under "Maestro"

I got too cute, I think.
Sorry 'bout that

HarryBerg01
12-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Judges,
Please accept my thanks for designating "Take Me To The Casbah" as First Runner Up. I very much appreciate the effort it must have taken to judge among the many fine submissions.
Thanks once again,
Harry Berg

BruceBoxer
12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm good--thanks red, TG and Miss Woody's game--guess I'll go back to being my pretentious, blustering, massive-dicked self :)

redEva
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
... massive-dicked ...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm *licks lips*

redEva
12-04-2003, 06:02 PM
and ... it is killing me now!

who is the author of winning story?????

Moggy
12-07-2003, 06:50 AM
Can I suggest that all the competition entries are put in the next update? Preferable their own update.

There's some terrific writing there, in ALL entries. I was struck by the sheer variety of treatments on this theme.

boccaccio2000g
12-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Moggy
Can I suggest that all the competition entries are put in the next update? Preferable their own update.

There's some terrific writing there, in ALL entries. I was struck by the sheer variety of treatments on this theme.

Indeed. I was impressed by both the quality (I gave nine of the fourteen stories a '7' or better, and three others a '6') as well as the quantity -- several were quite long, given the rather limited amount of time.

Congratulations to the winners -- Dana, Harry, and Aurelius -- and to all the honorable mentions. There were no losers in this competition.

Boccaccio

Escritor
12-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Well, hope I do better in the next contest. Fact is, deadline was approaching, so the last part of my story was written in a hurry :D

Maybe Jinn could add all the stories submitted to the challenge to the general story database. But if he doesn't, I'll submit it anyway :D

Regards,

D. Atrocity
05-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Clever, very clever. You've managed to brighten my day sufficently. :)

D. Atrocity
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Pardon, that's sufficiently... :o

bardbin
06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh my god! That's the funniest thing I have read in ages!

But, hey, what's that about rooting for the Oilers, eh?

*Fondling ban button.*

Cheering for the Oilers now that is really torture

GO FLAMES GO