PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Choose

mkemse
01-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Apperantly now that Both Batack Obama and Hillary Clinton hae announded plans to run in 2008 are we ready for a Woman President, Are we ready for an African American President, who would you vote for or what combination:

Krynn
01-21-2007, 06:21 AM
Hilary might be able to do for you guys ,but a African American Female President is still a bit far fetch idea even for liberals of the US.

I think US needs a facelift ,and Hilary might be able to do it.

Guest 91108
01-21-2007, 07:03 AM
sorry, I'd vote for Obama or whomever before i'd consider hillary over anyone.
It's not that she's a woman but who she is. Another woman would have have gotten a Nod.

mkemse
01-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Krynn,
There is not an African American Female running, Brack Obama is an American but is a Male, so my question was would YOU support Hillary as a Female or Barack as a African American Male
Hillary also may have too muc luggage with her, thei ssues of Bill and Monica her stance on various issues, Obamam seems more capable of brinig a divided nation together, are we ready for an African American President, now is as good a time as ever and will will most not likely see and other Obama type person in our lifetimes

mkemse
01-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Also, I am not at this time taking "sides" but rather posted this to get responses from site members and since both have announced their intention to run. I decided now was as good a time as any to make this post, it was not and is not design to cause arguments but to simply get impressions
thanks

fantassy
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't think the US is ready to elect for a man named "Barack Hussein Obama" at this time. The right wing will rip him to shreds in the general election. A right leaning independent I know already said she didn't trust him - did I know he spent two years in a muslim schooL? However, I do think he is incredibly articulate and charismatic though he is short on experience.

fantassy

lily27
01-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Aren't they both Democrats?

There lies the problem....heh.

MasterRob{cali}
01-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Well short on experieneces, well look at the one we have now LOL. The right wing is the big problem we have, them comes the wacky left. So guessing bill richardson look good at this point.

mkemse
01-22-2007, 06:04 AM
My instinct tells me that due to the what has gone on the last 6 years and more specificly the last 4 plus the clear cut results of last Novembmer, that American wants a change, The Republican Party is in shambles, and I beleive American will want a Party change in 2008, like someone said to me the other day "No sure who I want I 2008, but ANYONE has to be better then what we have now"
And allas, we now have a leader who will not listen to his own advisers or even alot of the members of his party, or the American People,he has made it clear it is going to be his way like it or not

TomOfSweden
01-22-2007, 06:16 AM
sorry, I'd vote for Obama or whomever before i'd consider hillary over anyone.
It's not that she's a woman but who she is. Another woman would have have gotten a Nod.

Still, it's cool with ladies who are fine with their husbands sleeping around though. More kink in the whitehouse!!!:span:

mkemse
01-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Yes and at least Clinton did not do the country only Monica
Like a sticker I saw the other day on a car

"At least when Clinton Lied Nobody Died"

mkemse
01-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Let's elect Alan Keys, he can allientate those that Bush hasn't so far, but Bush still has 1 1/2 year to go so who knows

Dorkalicious
01-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I honestly thought that Clinton did a very good job while in office (whether it was the lady behind the man holding the reigns or not). I also have to give Hillary a lot of credit for taking his fling with Monica the way she did. She held it together, whether for political or non-political reasons, that would be a very hard thing to accomplish.

Ironwulf
01-23-2007, 08:29 AM
While I personally think a Clinton and Obama ticket or Edwards and Obama ticket stand the best chance. I have to face reality and realize that the media is who will really decide the winner.

He/she who owns the postive TV coverage and can push the most negative and often misleading or false information on their opponent wins.

Case in point the Obama schooling issue. A non issue blown out of all context by the main stream media after a simple mention in a republican funded rag.

Stone
02-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I dont care who it is they all suck whoever is put out there sucks fucking ass.they all lie cheat steal.i personally cant remember the last time i voted for a president i wanted i allways seem to vote adgainst the guy i dont want in office

mkemse
02-17-2007, 08:39 AM
we probably will never have an honest person, but we need a change after the last 6 1/2 years

nk_lion
03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I may be reading to much in this, but after the 2003 blackout, I heard a report that Hillary placed the blame in Canada. Now I'm not arguing if its true or not (where the blame lies), but as an engineering student, I know for a fact that for engineers to isolate and fine the root of the problem would be a difficult task, so the fact that she just jumped up and made an accusation didn't really set well with me. Maybe I'm being too critical, but my logic goes that if this is how she dealt with something like a blackout, how is she going to lead a country through (or out) of the Iraq war, and with all other domestic issues?

This is by no means an offense to Hillary supporters, I'm Canadian so I don't care who wins, as long as Bush doesn't become the president again, I'm fine (God bless Americans for your two term rule).

mkemse
03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
our 2 term rule is the bestthing we added to the constitution in a long time, no offense meant owards other important issue, but the 2 term ruls make it easier to deal with a terrible president