PDA

View Full Version : Asking for Assistance

tessa
01-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello to all of you. ~hugs for those I know and less intrusive smiles and waves to those I am not completely familiar with~ I come to you to request your guidance and input. I am going to thank minxy ~big HUG~ for encouraging me to open up and try out these newly unfettered submissive wings of mine.

I have asked for input from the Doms and Dommes of this wonderful community and now I am here to ask for the mindfulness of the incredible submissives I have been reading and learning from here.

My husband and I, while married for 15 years, have just started on our D/s journey together. And I thought it was going to be soooo easy just because we discovered this is both what we want. At the suggestion of a couple very dear-to-me people, I have started a thread in the "My BDSM Life" titled 'my journey'. In it is a chronicle of small sorts of what has happened so far with us (which isn't a great deal, but still more than I ever dreamed). My request to all of you is this...if you are so inclined, would you please read through posting #13, "What happened after...", and see if you have any words of experience and wisdom to pass along to me, to him...to us? "Well, tessa, if you posted there, why are you posting here?" Two reasons actually. One, I need to hear from submissives who KNOW what this is already all about and can help me in what is turning into a beautiful and strangely foreign journey. Two, poor minx is shouldering me all on her own right now, and while she probably wouldn't ever say a word differently, it is not fair to ask her to keep it up (not to say that I won't keep coming to you, minxy...sorry?? :o I just value you that much.)

So, if any of you would be so kind as to respond, I thank you very, very much.

Respectfully-
tessa

pixie_dust
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi Tessa,

You would not believe how much your story sounds like mine!! It was just under a year ago that He and I took the plunge into BDSM. We had been together for six years before that, and like you had been struggling to find what we both needed/wanted in our marriage to make things feel "right".

At the time I was surfing around on the internet and came upon this site, read some of the stories, created an ID, and read some threads in the forums. Let me tell you, I was so taken by what I was reading I couldn't walk away. For the first time, I finally felt I found what was missing and I was soooo happy!!

It took some doing, but after He had seen how much time I was spending here reading, occasionally chatting, and adding some thoughts, he finally created his own ID to see what I was up to. That's when he finally asked me if I was interested in "this". It's crazy, I know, but I was so nervous about admitting to him that yes, I was "really, really curious and want to try it....what do you think?"

Well, as you can probably guess, we've been experimenting and learning what works for both of us since then. (Sometimes it works out great, other times we hit a few speed bumps.)

But, if you ever want to hook-up and compare notes, feel free to chat or catch me on MSN. I'd love to share thoughts and ideas.

tessa
01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE]You would not believe how much your story sounds like mine!! It was just under a year ago that He and I took the plunge into BDSM. We had been together for six years before that, and like you had been struggling to find what we both needed/wanted in our marriage to make things feel "right".

You must know then how very grateful I am to you for taking the time to share with me! I wish I could say that in a more eloquent way, but there it is in its thankful simplicity. :)

Let me tell you, I was so taken by what I was reading I couldn't walk away. For the first time, I finally felt I found what was missing and I was soooo happy!!

I know JUST what you mean. I have the most difficult time loggin out of here because I get so very much from each visit!

But, if you ever want to hook-up and compare notes, feel free to chat or catch me on MSN. I'd love to share thoughts and ideas.

I will take you up on that :) It would be lovely to discuss it all! How very wonderful of you to offer!

Chat with you soon!
tessa

tygr
02-28-2007, 11:55 AM
This hits home for me as well. I just joined the forums, and hubby and I have just started down this road a little over a month ago. We've since bought a few toys/books to help along the way. I know we have a really long way to go, but so far I am happier than I've been in a LONG time! :)

I'll go read your other thread btw, but doubt I'll be giving any sort of advice, just for the simple fact that I'm still quite new myself. Still, will be interesting to read someone else's experiences thus far. :)

tygr

tessa
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
This hits home for me as well. I just joined the forums, and hubby and I have just started down this road a little over a month ago. We've since bought a few toys/books to help along the way. I know we have a really long way to go, but so far I am happier than I've been in a LONG time! :)

I'll go read your other thread btw, but doubt I'll be giving any sort of advice, just for the simple fact that I'm still quite new myself. Still, will be interesting to read someone else's experiences thus far. :)

tygr

This is the best place to discover and learn! Good luck with your journey! :)

Beginning submissive
03-03-2007, 01:35 AM
It's nice to see someone else who is married and is starting out on this too! I will have to check out your other thread because I'm looking for advice about how to do this within a marriage. My hubby and I have already tried to read some about it but talking with other married people I think will be an even bigger help to us.

Thank you for the thread!

tessa
03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
It's nice to see someone else who is married and is starting out on this too! I will have to check out your other thread because I'm looking for advice about how to do this within a marriage. My hubby and I have already tried to read some about it but talking with other married people I think will be an even bigger help to us.

Thank you for the thread!

It was borne of sheer desperation, but I hope it helps in some way.

There is also some great information here. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8618)

Many wonderful wishes as you and your husband learn!

tessa :wave: