PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

mkemse
01-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Who Do You Want To Win The Super Bowl On Sunday February 4??

TheDeSade
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
who the f**k cares

~hellish one~
01-26-2007, 04:16 PM
who the f**k cares

be nice...

TheDeSade
01-26-2007, 04:17 PM
yes mother

violet girl{MM}
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Who's playing...the Chicago Bears and who else? (da bears....)

mkemse
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Despite what some may think, there are peope who visit this site that like sports... GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

violet girl{MM}
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
i used to love the SNL skit with George Wendt, Mike Myers, & Chris Farley in which they sat around talking about "Da Bears" and "Who would win a contest between Ditka and Mike Tyson" and stuff like that....Hilarious! i'm rooting for Da Bears soley because they haven't made it to the Super Bowl in about 22 years! Go Bears!! :)

SheepishJaina
01-26-2007, 07:30 PM
The Eagles? oh wait...

*sighs*

elyse
01-26-2007, 10:09 PM
who the f**k cares

I do...

Ozme52
01-26-2007, 10:18 PM
i'm rooting for Da Bears soley because they haven't made it to the Super Bowl in about 22 years! Go Bears!! :)

If that's your reasoning... the Colts haven't been since 1971. 36 years.

Princi
01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
BEAR!!!
I have been waiting for 21 years!!!

Timberwolf
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Where's the fourth option for "I watch football in Canada where we didn't shrink the field, add a fourth down, and double the length of the play clock for no particular reason"? :D

Indianapolis.

mkemse
01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
I only posted what I felt were basic options sorry

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orchidsoul
01-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Hmm... this is a tough one since both really deserve it considering how long it's been for each team.

Being a Pats fan... we all can imagine how I'm feeling about Indy right now! But I'm happy Peyton gets his chance to lead his team in a super bowl and they more than deserved the win they got from us.

I'll root for good commercials, lots of cocktails, and mighty fine appetizers! I do love Superbowl Sunday if at very least for that!

I think it's going to be a great game.

Rabbit1
01-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Da Bears -----Go Go Go

cadence
01-27-2007, 03:40 PM
TheDeSade
who the f**k cares

I am kind of with DeSade, the only thing I like about the whole game is the coin toss, I place a bet every year on it.

~hellish one~
01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Well since my Steelers sucked all forms of ass this season and couldn't even make it into the playoffs...~sighs~ i was hoping to see the Eagles against the Colts in the Super Bowl...then those damn Saints toppled the Eagles and i found myself cheering for the Bears because no way in hell did i want the Saints to make it. lol alas...now i find myself in a bit of a pickle.

the Bears appear to be the underdog...and they did kick the Saints' asses (woohoooo!) BUT...god i can't stand Grossman! IMO he is worthless. my take on the whole thing is...the Bears made it to the Super Bowl DESPITE having Grossman for a QB. that guy has hindered them more than helped them! if it hadn't of been for the Bears defense and the Jones/Benson combo...the Bears would have lost. i swear everytime they snapped the ball it looked like Grossman would freak the hell out and hand it off to the first RB he saw...as to say "here take it! i dont' know what to do with it!" lmfao! poor guy...Sooooo....with them as the underdog - i am tempted to cheer them on.

BUT...once i realized my Steelers were shit this season, i started cheering on the Colts. hell i even had Peyton as my QB in my fantasy league. he's earned this....he deserves this!! i'm not saying the Bears don't deserve it or anything. but Peyton is the top QB in the league...and he didn't get there with his good looks. he's got talent...a helluva lot of talent. okok and i tend to have a soft spot for him since he played for TN and all! lol but still...

it's going to be a great game...and i'll be happy for whichever team wins, but i can't help it if i find myself cheering on Peyton and his crew every now and then ~grins~

mkemse
01-27-2007, 06:14 PM
hellish one,

Rex Grossman may be a worthless QB, but the Bears go into the Super Bowl with him at 15-3 the best in Football, but you can't argue with the record he brings into the Big Game, yes he had alot of suckie games but his record and leading the team all year speaks for itself

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

violet girl{MM}
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
If that's your reasoning... the Colts haven't been since 1971. 36 years.

Oh...Hmmm. Well now i'm torn. My cousins live in IN, and it would be nice for the Colts to win....decisions, decisions,decisions...:confused:

~hellish one~
01-28-2007, 10:01 AM
hellish one,

Rex Grossman may be a worthless QB, but the Bears go into the Super Bowl with him at 15-3 the best in Football, but you can't argue with the record he brings into the Big Game, yes he had alot of suckie games but his record and leading the team all year speaks for itself

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah but see that is my point. Grossman is worthless. the Bears made it to the Super Bowl despite his shittyness. i'm not saying the Bears don't deserve to be there. they do!! as a team they have worked hard all season for that 15-3 record and to get to the final game. i just don't think Grossman deserves to be there.

the Bears have a great chance at winning the Super Bowl, in my opinion...but if they lose the game...i can guarantee you it will be because of Grossman.

mkemse
01-28-2007, 11:32 AM
As a matter of fact, I believe prior to the Bears making it to the super bowl if i am not mistaken the Bears GM said if they make it to thre Super Bowl and loose that Rex will be the 1 to blame and could be gone next year, we still have Griese
I also belive that another reason they made it is their defense not their offense, Lvie Smith Deserves it if nothing else, maybe the best Head Coach they have had since Papa Bear himself, i lie him even more then Ditka not sayuing Ditka wasn't agood coach, I just like Lovies demenour more
Still hope they win GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elyse
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh... i almost forgot:

GO BEARS!!!! *streaks through the forum nekkies, waving blue and orange pompoms...*

~elyse

Qmoq
01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
See, I'd quite like the Colts to win, so that Manning doesn't end up like Marino... but elyse makes a convincing argument to support the Bears.

Qmoq xx

mkemse
01-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Hellish One,

How correct you are, as a matter of fact if I am not mistaken, a few weeks back the Management of the Bears said "If we loose the Super Bowl, Rex will be the one to blame" I even heard 1 story be it true or not I am not sure, that if Rex has a real real bad game and the Bears loose he will not return next year, whether that is true or not I do not know, just heard it on the radio, do NOT quote me on that
The upside is all attention is focusing in on Payton so it is taking alot of pressure of Rex.
Do I like him, no is he a good quarterback, no, did he get them to the BIG GAME YES (actualy the defense got them there)

Guest 91108
01-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Oh... i almost forgot:

GO BEARS!!!! *streaks through the forum nekkies, waving blue and orange pompoms...*

~elyse

This would be enough for me if I didn't already side with the bears. :D

SheepishJaina
01-30-2007, 07:31 AM
It was awesome seeing the Bears demolish the Saints. I'm going to have to cheer for them. Either way, it'll be a great game and I can't wait to see it.

DungeonMaster6
02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Since I'm basically an NFC rooter, I'm leaning toward the Bears. On the other hand I'd hate to see Peyton Manning go his whole career without winning a Super Bowl. Remember Dan Marino? He went his rookie year and never returned.

If the Colts run the ball and control the clock like they did against the Patriots, they'll win easily. Conversely if the Bears can run the ball on the Colts like some other teams did, they have a shot.

Another thing, which Rex Grossman are we going to see? Will he throw four touchdown passes or four interceptions?

Leaning toward the Bears, but if the Colts win, so be it.

mkemse
02-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Since I'm basically an NFC rooter, I'm leaning toward the Bears. On the other hand I'd hate to see Peyton Manning go his whole career without winning a Super Bowl. Remember Dan Marino? He went his rookie year and never returned.

If the Colts run the ball and control the clock like they did against the Patriots, they'll win easily. Conversely if the Bears can run the ball on the Colts like some other teams did, they have a shot.

Another thing, which Rex Grossman are we going to see? Will he throw four touchdown passes or four interceptions?

Leaning toward the Bears, but if the Colts win, so be it.

My best guess and that is all it is plus things heard in Chicago, is if Rex has a horrific game and it costs them the game, he may not be back next year anyway rumor has it that they Bears are counting on him, and anything less then a win, the Club, not the players but the Mgt ect have said indirectly Rex HAS to come through if not we may very well see Brian Griese as a starter next year and Rex can go work with Cade McNown, rmember him, mr high and mighty who said "I will only sign when i get what I want" and he did a quick end to his pro career if that is what he even had

GO BEARS the upside to this is at least we will have a Black Head Coach as a winner and a coach of a World Championship team for the 1st time in history

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

mkemse
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Also, with the Colts as heavy a Vegas odds as they are, if the Bears win, every bookie in Vegas will go broke on the payout, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kishi
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
As a Broncos fan, I can tell the Bears fans they should be cheering for Rex Grossman tomorrow. Believe me, you don't want to see Brian Griese starting next season. Ugh.

So far in the playoffs, both Peyton and Rex have thrown two touchdowns, but while Rex has one interception, Peyton has thrown six. Not to say that it's a walk for the Bears, but I think if their defense can play well, they'll have a chance.

TomOfSweden
02-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Why is it called "foot-ball"? Wouldn't "hand-ball" be more appropriate?

mkemse
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
my best guess it is called football because the game starts with the ball being kicked off, kicked to make gield goals for 3 points, for 1 extra point after a toucdown or kicked to be punted if a drive downfield is not succefull, thus it is kicked, and ballwould betterdecribe baseball or even basketball where it is always in someones hands

mkemse
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted or left replies to this poll

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mkemse
02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
plus, in the United States anyway "Handball" already exists as a game buy itself in an inclosed court by that name

Kishi
02-03-2007, 03:52 PM
We stole the name from rugby football.

mkemse
02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Kishi,

thnk you thought it has something to do with that but not sure