PDA

View Full Version : Seek And You Shall Find

tessa
01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
"Open."
I hear your voice command.
The mere physicality of my response insulting to us both.

"Open."
This time not as easy.
Your words reach out and slash against my soul.

"Open."
Dare I deny You a third time?
The battle rages...beg to come in or run away from home.

TheDeSade
01-30-2007, 01:45 AM
very interesting. I get the distinct impression that there is more behind this than I can read into it or gather from it.

Tessa, have you considered entering some of your poetryin the january poetry contest?

tessa
01-30-2007, 06:47 AM
very interesting. I get the distinct impression that there is more behind this than I can read into it or gather from it.

Tessa, have you considered entering some of your poetryin the january poetry contest?

I have not considered entering any poetry in the January contest, or any contest for that matter, TDS. Sometimes these thoughts just need a place to linger besides my mind. The nice Forum people have said it's okay to do that here, thank goodness.

I did ask Widget about the story contest. But I do believe it was a case of feeling a bit bold one day is all. :)

Is your use of "interesting" a positive or negative in this case? It can be such an amazingly ambiguous word when used properly. As a fan of your writings, I suppose it matters to me as to your intent.

Yes, there is more. Isn't there always?

Most sincerely-
tessa

cariad
02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I would also use the word interesting. Both good interesting and bad. Good because I feel that although I have read your poem and understand it, I have only touched the surface. Bad because I fear that what lies deeper has a slightly ominous tone to it.

cariad

TheDeSade
02-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Intersting good. It creates in me a sense that I need to know more, to get closer to this story to find out what is there, just out of reach.

tessa
02-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I would also use the word interesting. Both good interesting and bad. Good because I feel that although I have read your poem and understand it, I have only touched the surface. Bad because I fear that what lies deeper has a slightly ominous tone to it.

cariad

Thank you for this, cariad. Your words act to clear up the view I see when I come back to this from time to time. I will keep sticking to the surface, I think. Going deeper means dealing with the "ominous". Honestly, I am a bit scard to go there yet. Maybe ever.

Interesting good. It creates in me a sense that I need to know more, to get closer to this story to find out what is there, just out of reach.

I do appreciate you responding to my question, TDS. I value your thoughts. I think it's a matter of keeping it well out of reach. Feels safer that way.
Not the best of plans when trying to write, but as I mentioned above, it's a difficulty I am struggling to work through, so maybe one day...

Most sincerely-
tessa :wave: