PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Amberxiao
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello, I'm Amber.

I can't promise I'll be very vocal in the future, but as you will soon see, I have a tendency to ramble and write a lot. I tend to only frequent one forum at a time, however, and much as I like BDSM, writing is more important to me at the moment, so I've been spending most of my time at a writing forum. When I get too tired for that (as it is intellectually demanding), I look for something else.

I'm a switch, and am not looking for a partner at present. I live alone, though, and that gives me a lot of time to think. I've seen some people post their percentage of sub/dom tendencies, but I can't really say what mine would be. In particular, I've come to realize that different parts of me want different things. I'm also very much a feminist, to the point that I could not see myself being 100% submissive to any man. We'd have to switch, or I'd have to be the dominant in the relationship (and get my submission needs met by a woman or another switch). And I *can* switch with the same person - frankly, that is my preference. I realize this is unusual, both the switching with the same person AND the preference of F-me-m to M-me-f, but what can I say, I've never claimed to be normal ;).

There are times when I question myself, when I wonder if I'm really one or the other... and every single time I do that, something happens in the other that turns me on to such a point that I no longer have any doubt. It seems, generally, that I'd rather be dominant in day-to-day life and submissive in bed, but it's really not that cut and dried.

I've done a lot more reading/imagining than practice (though I have had some) because in general, I'm happier being single than with the wrong person and I tend to be attracted to people who are already my friends. It also takes me a long time to trust someone just at the kissing level, so getting to the trust needed for BDSM is not easy or something I'm willing to skimp on. I also have a very vivid imagination, and so far, have never let myself down.

In other areas: I love languages and hope to teach French and or Russian at the college level some point in the future: I'm currently working with people who have developmental disabilities. I also write, so I'm definitely interested in the Writer's Block. At the moment, I'm working on several projects, but few of them are really erotica. In fact, one of the reasons I'm interested in the Writer's Block is that although I'm very good with the actual domination/submission/pain stuff, I can't write actual sex scenes for the life of me! And I generally find them boring when I read them, too.

It seems that more people are posting their own introduction posts (like this) than in the general introductions thread, so I hope I'm in the right place.

Amber.

Guest 91108
01-31-2007, 02:52 AM
You are Amber and welcome to the Forums. I think you'll like it here. there's always something to catch one's interests.

Curious_1
01-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Hello and Welcome Amber!

I hope you do sign up for the writers section and have a great time. If you like talking to people, please stop in the chatroom.

Curi

tessa
01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Enjoy yourself! It's so very easy to do that here.

:wave:

Flaming_Redhead
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
:wel:

BDSM is like ice cream. There are more than 31 flavors, and who's to say you can't have more than one scoop? Maybe the Writer's Block will give a change of pace from your regular writing and help broaden your horizons. At any rate, it's very nice to meet you!

Miraculix
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, well, well... every once in a while every forum is blessed with people like you, who really tense the reader's "gray" muscles in order to capture everything that is to be said and meant.

Welcome!

BaronVonWinger
02-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi & welcome, Im sure we would like to hear more from you.

elyse
02-03-2007, 06:06 AM
:welcome:

welcome to the forums, Amber!

~elyse

Aussiegirl1
02-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Welcome Amber,

As the level two instructor in the Writer's Block, I would love to see you sign up and have a go. I can see that you would do very well.

Aussiegirl

Amberxiao
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome!

TheDeSade
02-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Amber,
Welcome! What a marvelous introduction piece. Lots of information in a short package and I like that. This is a great place to relax and exercise a different part of your brain. Come in, enjoy and I hope to see you around!

TDS

cariad
02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
As TDS just said, a fascinating introduction to yourself, and yes, you put it in the right place. Welcome to forums, and I hope that you will at least bounce in and out of here since you sound a fascinating lady.

cariad

poetic_justice
02-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Its good to have you with us. I hope that you enjoy your time here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, Amber :D

MrDom
02-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi and welcomw

Mrdom

todd
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd have to agree alot of written sex scenes are boring, but not all, i do hate seeing lines like "for s/he was worth", its so unimaginative and formulaic. I see the same crap in news and politics when some idiot says "the fact of the matter is" which translates to "i have no idea what im talking about", its not to say that saying was always that way, but seeing it used to death and often by complete idiots makes it so for now.

and i suppose, doing any of the same thing all the time can get boring, like always being domme or sub. Of course that could be a little dependent on teh parties involved.

sexmaster_dom
03-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome & try to enjoy yourself to the max!