PDA

View Full Version : anne rice

seacat
07-20-2002, 04:19 AM
Can anyone tell me where i can get anne rice storys

Tiger
07-20-2002, 11:44 AM
You can certainly get her books from amazon.com. If you want free readings on the 'net, I haven't seen any. I bought her Sleeping Beauty trilogy and they were really fun to read. Nothing serious or heavy in those books, mostly spankings. But after seeing many of her vampires flirting around, it's nice to read her erotic novels without the F word in them.

Marcus
07-21-2002, 01:34 PM
I agree. Well worth tracking down. Often available in larger bookshops in amongst Anne Rice's other work, at least in London's large bookshops. That's where I stumbled upon them many years B.A. (Before Amazon!)

The vampire books never appealed to me.

Tiger
07-21-2002, 06:38 PM
I believe the Sleeping Beauty trilogy was written under the pen name A.N. Roquelaure because Anne Rice didn't want her father knew about her erotic writing. Her name was on the books again after her father passed away. Just a little background for you, if you are interested in.

kimberly
07-22-2002, 07:12 AM
....has an Ann Rice Library....including the novels with the "F" word....*giggles*

Master's slave and soulmate,

Tiger
07-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by kimberly{P}
....has an Ann Rice Library....including the novels with the "F" word....*giggles*

Would you like to recommend some? I may get some and put them in my secret book box :o Although I already have too many waiting for me to read (either for the site or my own enjoyment), I like Ann Rice's works and want to see which one has the "F" word... or some recommended by Ann Rice librarian :D

kimberly
07-25-2002, 07:04 AM
*smiles at Jinn Ma'am*.....indeed.
of course the Vampire novels are great.....the first, the classic being The Vampire Lestat, then many many many other to follow.
as far as *other * reading of hers that is umm...*blushes*....interesting, and not of Vampires...i recommend
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty....then of course....Beauty's Punishment...and Beauty's Release. These are all set to be read in a row.....and gets better with each novel. a great read....i have many pages marked so i can read..and re-read....and re-read.....*giggles*
i hope this helps

Paul{k}
07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Dear kimberly{P}, and O/others W/who are interested,

There is still another novel that Anne Rice wrote, under a different name. The title is "Belinda," and it is the story of an artist who falls in love with and has a very passionate affair with an underage girl. The development of the relationship is very logical, and the love scenes between the lovers are very erotic. There is one memorable scene where he dresses her in a first communion gown and veil, and then proceeds to pour wine into her and drink from her. After they have made love, the girl (Belinda) smiles down at him and says softly, "This is my body; this is my blood."

For Rice to tackle such a controversial relationship in a novel was extremely daring, as was her decision to resolve the relationship in the way she did. *smiles* I hope that arouses enough curiosity for Y/you A/all to go out and find the book. It's a good read.

Y/you might find it is a good sourcebook for enacting a fantasy or two from.

Sincerely,

Paul{k}
Master and Soulmate of kimberly{P}

Tiger
07-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by kimberly{P}
*smiles at Jinn Ma'am*.....indeed.
of course the Vampire novels are great.....the first, the classic being The Vampire Lestat, then many many many other to follow.
as far as *other * reading of hers that is umm...*blushes*....interesting, and not of Vampires...i recommend
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty....then of course....Beauty's Punishment...and Beauty's Release. These are all set to be read in a row.....and gets better with each novel. a great read....i have many pages marked so i can read..and re-read....and re-read.....*giggles*
i hope this helps

I already had the Sleeping Beauty trilogy and I did enjoy them. Any other suggestion?

BTW, I don't know where you got the idea to call me Ma'am. But I'd rather you call me sir for a guy like me :) (or Mr. if you think I am not up to your standard for Sir, like your Master Paul is!) ... (just kidding :D )

Hmmm, just noticed that seacat (the starter of this thread) didn't say anything yet. It's funny that other people take over this thread completely...

kimberly
07-25-2002, 10:14 PM
*lowers head....feels tears*...im sorry Sir, i assumed..and i was wrong. i dont mean any disrespect towards You.

BDSM_Tourguide
08-03-2002, 05:51 PM
I, personally, have a lot of Anne Rice books. I love her works. Especially the Vampire novels and the Sleeping Beauty novels are, by far, my favorites. Has anyone read Belinda yet? I have heard it's quite good, but I haven't yet had the opportunity to read it yet. Incidentally, those looking for Anne Rice novels should be able to find them easily enough in any bookstore. Used bookstores usually carry any book for half price or less, depending on condition. Definitely check your local Barnes and Noble, Borders or whatever bookstores you have nearby. Otherwise, if you enjoy waiting four to six weeks for delivery, paying for delivery, and paying full price, then go to amazon.com for your purchases.

reverie35
11-26-2003, 07:29 AM
No one has mentioned her other BDSM novel "Exit to Eden" written under the name of Anne Rampling.

As an aspiring writer and in the BDSM closet I hold Anne Rice in special regard. I do this not for her writing but for her courage to 'come out' and acknowledge the Beauty Trilogy and Exit to Eden. She has managed to thrive and not be stoned by the reactionaries of our society.

I think that I especially enjoy her rare TV interviews. You can tell that Katie Couric is scared to death of what she is and could say.

I can think of no other major writer that has written on BDSM and had the courage to sign their work.

Thanks Ms. Rice you have given me a little personal courage.

e.e. norcod
11-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Us reactionaries don't stone Anne Rice because we love her too much. If you live along the Gulf of Mexico and crave erotic novels with sado-masochistic overtones there is nothing like this dark lady. Nothing like the back streets of New Orleans. Live oaks with condensed fog dripping off the Sapnish moss in January! Decrepit steamboat gothic mansions with shell sidewalks gone to seed and overgrown with St. Augustine. Closed shutters with missing slats that let in irregular beams of intense sunlight during the day. Unfortunately the Beauty novels were some of her first writings done well before she mastered her art. As someone who spent almost twenty years on a barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico restoring a house in a historic Victorian district I fell in love with her. Unfortunately the three Beauty books, Belinda and Escape to Eden have neither the settings or the mood or the color of the Vampire and Mayfair novel. My own literary efforts have been inspired by her. For quite a while now I have been working on a serial "Belles of St. Mary's" which attempts to use elements of the setting and mood of the Mayfair novels with some of the c.p. themes of the Beauty novels. However, there is nothing harder and less productive than trying to imitate a great novelist. I just hope that she beats me to the punch. Now that those shiny black locks have turned grey and the Mayfair novels seem to have come to an end, maybe she will write (even a short) SM novel set in a girls school in New Orleans. 1890's, 1920's, 1950's, I don't care.

Paul{k}
11-29-2003, 09:54 PM
"Belles of St. Mary's" eh?

It sounds like an intriguing idea. Don't wait for Ms. Rice to accomplish it...buckle down and do it yourself. I think it would be excellent reading.

Sincerely,

Paul{k}

sirsgirl
05-29-2004, 10:12 PM
that's wonderfully fine and dandy of all the places to buy her novels..... but is there anywhere where her novels appear full and in 'free' form?

sweetplymate
06-06-2004, 12:41 PM
that's wonderfully fine and dandy of all the places to buy her novels..... but is there anywhere where her novels appear full and in 'free' form?

the only place i know of to find them absolutely free is your local public library...i havent ever been able to find them online, though i am not sure as to the availablility of her anne rampling and a.n.roquelaure books at the libraries...and i have read a portion of "Bleinda" fabulous story and written in true anne rice style with lovely scene settings and dialouge...of her other novels tho i like the vampire series but i love the mayfair series even more :)

Sweetsboi
10-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Hey all:

I just posted a topic on Anne Rice myself and redEva was nice enough to point me to this thread.

I just finished listening to one of the sleeping beauty books (on audio tape) and really enjoyed it. I downloaded her other two sleeping beauty books, several of her vampire books for my daughter (christmas presents)..and am looking for her other BDSM books that you all were kind enough to mention here.

Do you know any other BDSM authors that might be good to listen too?

I pay for a subscrition to Lime Wire and then pay a very low price (sometimes free) audio books and music.

If anyone would like me to send them the audio books let me know (not sure if they are to big for email..they maybe).

sweetsboi

Ruby
10-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey all:

I pay for a subscrition to Lime Wire and then pay a very low price (sometimes free) audio books and music.

If anyone would like me to send them the audio books let me know (not sure if they are to big for email..they maybe).

sweetsboi

What a kind offer.

A request, please check to see if you have the "rights" to copy and send audio books. When paying for a subscription to an e-book or audio book, you are usually only paying for the right to have it on your own computer, not send it along to others.

Other authors? Hmmmm.... Laurel K Hamilton really rocks. She's got two different series featuring lots of hot erotic scenes told in the first person: The Merry Gentry Series and the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series.

The early Anita Blake books are more about graphic crime solving. The later books where she's taken on the characteristics of her vampire master are very, very, hot!

Sweetsboi
10-29-2005, 06:46 AM
What a kind offer.

A request, please check to see if you have the "rights" to copy and send audio books. When paying for a subscription to an e-book or audio book, you are usually only paying for the right to have it on your own computer, not send it along to others.

Other authors? Hmmmm.... Laurel K Hamilton really rocks. She's got two different series featuring lots of hot erotic scenes told in the first person: The Merry Gentry Series and the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series.

The early Anita Blake books are more about graphic crime solving. The later books where she's taken on the characteristics of her vampire master are very, very, hot!

Ms. Ruby i will make sure i check my rights with these books, and thanks for the heads up on the authors and good books.

sweetsboi