PDA

View Full Version : Uncertain

Amberxiao
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
On the one hand, I'd love to learn more about erotic writing, since I can't seem to write sex scenes for the life of me, and I'd love to be able to do that.

On the other hand, I'm involved in a two-year novel writing class on another forum, and have 4-5 other novels or novel-length works I'm working on... plus editing my 2006 NaNoWriMo attempt and occasionally beta-reading/editing for others.

So, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to give the assignments the time necessary, and I'd end up being booted out anyway. Essentially, I don't want to promise more than I can do, so I'm wondering:

How difficult/time-consuming are the exercises?

How long do we have to work on them?

Thanks!

Aussiegirl1
02-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi Amberxiao,

Well, I can only comment for level two, but my assignments involve some critical thinking about some readings, and posting your views on them. The students then need to write two short stories, one without the aid of spelling or grammar checks, and the other one using them.

I suggest that each assignment be done within a few weeks. However,if a student has problems getting an assignment done in that time, they just need to let me know. I would much rather a student do the work when they are in the right frame of mind, than feel under pressure to simply get it done.

I hope you can find time to join our little group, as it sounds like you would be an asset.

Aussiegirl

Amberxiao
02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay. I've done a lot of thinking, and I have decided I would like to at least try it out. If I find I don't have the time, I will be honest about that and bow out.

Aussiegirl1
02-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Fantastic! You should hear from Dragon's muse, the new level one instructor soon. She will get you started!

Cheers
Aussiegirl

Dragon's muse
02-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Sending an email to get you access to level I. Looking forward to reading you.

rose
level I instructor