PDA

View Full Version : POLL: BDSM books, do you still buy them?

Marcus
07-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Now that there is so much BDSM writing available on the internet,particularly at the wonderful BDSMlibrary.com, do you still buy BDSM literature in book form?

Tiger
07-25-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, can't say regularly, but still buying them. Just because it's much easier to read the traditional way: you don't have to turn on the computer and sit in front of the monitor. I don't buy any digital books though. There are already enough for me here :p

But don't forget, you can still get stories of the same or even better quality online, and get much more choices of different tastes ;)

Marcus
07-25-2002, 06:46 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine you being stuck for something to read. :)

I recently downloaded a couple of stories that use the MS Reader format which displays like an page from a paperback. I found this a good format for reading. The program is a free download from MS.

I believe the same files work on portable devices that were supposed to have made printed books obsolete by now. I'm not much of a technology guy but I'd consider getting one of them. That maybe, is the best of both worlds that awaits us.

kimberly
07-25-2002, 07:12 AM
Yeparoo ! *giggles*
afterall....this girl is always interested in increasing her knowledge through O/others' ideas and experiences...besides those long annoying pauses at stoplights.....and that length between the kitchen and the living room.....oh yeah...and inbetween blinks...all that time is wasted...so, why not read huh? *smirks*

Master's slave and soulmate,

Paul{k}
07-25-2002, 09:30 AM
Yes, I still buy books in the traditional form. Old habits are hard to break. *s* The problem is that there is very little in the way of GOOD BDSM literature to be found in the traditional bookstore. I DID find a book recently called "Topping from Below," which was a novel about a woman's slow and deepening exposure to the BDSM lifestyle from a Man she is both attracted to and despises. The author's name is Laura Reese. It's quite good.

She also wrote a novel of similar themes entitled "Panic Snap"

So, yes, I do buy "good" BDSM fiction in the traditional format, when and if I can find it.

Sincerely,

Paul{k}
Master and Soulmate of kimberly{P}

S_Couture
07-25-2002, 09:35 AM
I used to buy them when I lived by myself. Now that I don't, and considering her feelings and taste, I restrict my reading of such materials to the internet.

mickydoughty
08-09-2002, 03:34 AM
I still buy books, with a BDSM theme. I consider her feelings and this is the main reason for doing so, though there very light!!

if I'm going to buy BDSM books, I perfer to buy them through the internet as ebooks (text or pdf to print off). BDSMbooks.com is on my favourites list, for now and hopefully for many years to come.

Though I am finding it extremely difficult to find new ideas, that grab my attention. Bored, bored, bored, etc....... with the whole things. What ever format I buy in or have for free from the internet it seems to lack that certain umph!!!

kimberly
08-09-2002, 07:53 AM
*smiles......likes the "umph".......giggles*

Master's slave and soulmate,