PDA

View Full Version : Attention New Students ~~ Writing Assignment here.

Dragon's muse
02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
This assignment is for

Shecallsmemaster
Amberxiao
**D**
Kishi
tessa

Please post your assignment in a separate thread.

Assignment:

Was anyone's "first time" all that they would have wanted it to be? Now is your chance for a do-over. Set the scene for your "fantasy deflowering". You can go into the actual sex if you like, but the crux of this assignment is to set the scene. Bring me into the moment. Let me experince the setting through you.

Remember to layer as many of the senses as possible.

Ready, set, deflower yourself. (just the way you would have wanted it to be)

Amberxiao
02-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a question:

I've been having difficulty with this because in general, my fiction tends to be very different from my life. I know the theory of "write what you know", but what would be ideal for me is very different from what would be ideal for a character.

Plus, my own deflowering was very nice, and would be hard to top in fiction without it becoming wildly implausible (which I also don't want to do). But, again, I don't want to write autobiography, I want to write fiction.

Second, should the character *know* ahead of time that they're going to be deflowered or should it happen as a surprise or does it not matter?

Third, do we have to use first person, that is, the way you have the assignment is to assume it's us, as writers, reliving a better first time, so that would imply first person as well.

I'd like to modify it to write a deflowering scene that went well for a fictional character, if possible. Not necessarily ideal, either, because I find perfection boring, but definitely good... Is that too far out of bounds of your assignment? If so, I'll try to do it as written, but I fear it will be horrid.

Dragon's muse
02-17-2007, 02:47 PM
First person is nto essential. Actually it is the hardest POV to write well. Write the scene you speak of and it will be just fine.