PDA

View Full Version : Bdsm and symbol magic

Mr.J
02-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Warning Ok this thread is going to have a neo pagan theme to it so please if you are of another religion do not flame this

Has anybody out there practiced symbol magical with Bdsm. The symbol magic I am on about is taking your intent , “I want to be rich now“, you write this down on a piece of paper and delete the repeat letters

You end up with IABERCH you then combine theses letters into a symbol imposing one on top of each other over each other, so on until you end up with one small easy to draw symbol

This symbol has to be then etched on to the creative part of your consciences for it to crate your wish

This part of your conscious can be reached with extreme pain or extreme pleasure

Pleasure by Cumming can be used , and pain well I have known people to cut themselves

I have purposely left some details out of this post for the uninformed don’t try this at home kids

Sir_G
02-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Good 'ol sex magick. Have done it but not in the bdsm context. Very powerful and not for the novice. Have often thought about practising auto-erotic comatose lucidity as described by Crowley in a BDSM context mainly for vision quests and prophecy but haven't got around to that yet either.

So much to do and seemingly so little time, but then again if we never make the time we'll never have the time. LOL.

Good thread though D for us that are so inclined.

riverwindsong
02-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Please be aware - no flaming is meant, in any way shape or form. I am a Pagan, have been for decades now, and very proud of it. But I have to say, the practical side of me has allllllll kinds of red flags going up here. All I have to say is that one has to be careful of rebound energy when practicing any kind of magic, not just sex magic...sex magic is very, very powerful stuff, very heady, bordering on dark magic that has some pretty serious consequences to it, and can be extremely dangerous with the kinds of power released when it's worked. Combining it with BDSM and the power exchange that is already inherent in the nature of what we do? I can't help but be worried about that. Maybe I'm just being a nervous Nelly here. Just please...be careful. Please, just remember the Rede: And that it harm none, do what you will. Granted, that's just my humble opinion...I just don't want to see anyone hurt, physically or spiritually...and, well, yeah. 'Nuff said.

Guest 91108
02-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I dont' use the magic symbol ritual . but i do other things. grins. most I'm not comfortable sharing here.

DrkRvn
02-17-2007, 01:39 AM
A good book on sex magick i found was Modern Sex Magic by Donald Kraig. Actuall as I look at it now it even has a section towards the back invovling bdsn practices in sex magick. It talks alot about symbols and talismins in some of the early chapters though.

I almost alway boil my magick down the the simplist form. I find lots of complications to distract me so rather than symbols i choose a word that represents what it is I want to achieve and focus my brain on that. So far I have had great success with sex magick. I haven't really tried it with bdsm yet, but I am interested in mixing teh two.

One way I would use symbol in a sex magick ritual would be inscribing the symbol(s) on teh body of the sub, using him or her as a focus. I actually am hoping to try somethings wiht my Lord soon, so I will keep you updated as to what happens.

Sir_G
02-17-2007, 03:16 AM
riverwindsong thanks for your concern and voicing it. What follows is my opinion and not an attack on you or what you have said so please don't take it that way. I know how sensitive these issues can be and how easy it is to get emotional about them.

I see magick as neither dark nor light but liken it to electricity. Is electricity a dark force. It certainly can be used for dark purposes but by itself it is what it is, simply a form of energy that can be harnessed and used to obtain a desired outcome ie. to power a television, to restart someones heart, to execute a condemned person.

Yes sex magick is a very powerful tool by no more dangerous than using electricity irresponsibly. For mine, guarding your thoughts and intents of the heart is far more important and people underestimate the power inherent in their mind. Magick is neither black, white or grey it just is. It is intent that matters and then what I consider to be ok, you may find anathema. It depends on your point of view.

Let your heart be your guide.

poetic_justice
02-17-2007, 04:03 AM
I've practiced symbol magick and sex magick extensively, yes. But in relation to BDSM? Not so much I'm afraid. Usually a partner and I will paint symbols for the Goddess and God or the elements onto our bodies and then raise power by making love to invoke those associated powers.

We've also used associated animal totems painted on our bodies to invoke what we'd like to achieve... a butterfly for the power of transformation, or a hawk for the power to be observant and clear sighted, for strength and courage.

Its an excellent question, thankyou D :)

riverwindsong
02-17-2007, 11:21 AM
I do agree, it is an excellent question, and a very interesting thread. Please don't get me wrong with what I said before. And yes, Sir_G, you are correct in that the magick simply is, it is the intent that puts the force behind it. I didn't take what you had to say as an attack - that would have been silly, but thank you for your concern, and please don't worry...I have a pretty thick skin. *hugs*

Mr.J
02-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Ok thank you for your worries riverwindsong but I do not practice my magic on people or have anything to do with magic users offline

lily27
02-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Are you people talking about Blood Sugar Sex Magic? That album kicked ass.

/sarcasm

Sir_G
02-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Are you people talking about Blood Sugar Sex Magic? That album kicked ass.

/sarcasm

Sarcasm from you "bad girl" now that would be unusual! ;ha

lily27
02-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I am a good girl.... my status says so, so it must be true.

*muah*

Guest 91108
02-22-2007, 02:09 AM
There are other forms of sex magic that are just as stronger and sometimes more so. grins. and yes i do.