PDA

View Full Version : Rhabbi's Second Assignmet

Rhabbi
02-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Let me tell you about my best friend. He is a few years older than I am, and of a totally different background, and we do not always agree on everything, but we love each other because we are spiritual brothers. In fact, he could be considered my father in the faith we share.

He walks a bit slowly, and often repeats something that he told me last week, but I know that he will always listen to me when I need to talk. I could call him at 2 in the morning, and he would come and get me if I needed him to. He is selfless and compassionate, a bit pigheaded, and often lives in another century. But because he is trustworthy, I am trustworthy.

His example shows me how to walk in compassion and love. He will go out of his way for anyone who needs it, and has dragged me along occasionally to keep him company. This has, on one occasion, resulted in us scrapping our plans for the whole day and spending time with someone who needed a ride to run a few errands.

His heart is as big, and as delightful, as any you will find anywhere else. He is not perfect, but he tries. His example shines to us all to let us know that good is possible in this world.

He has been married for 50 years, but he still gives the tie his wife bought him as an anniversary gift to his son because it is not the one he wanted. When he first told us about this we all know he would pay for it, but whatever strife this caused between him and his wife was kept behind the doors of their house. Yet he asked for tie back because he wanted to please her, and it was a really nice tie, by the way.

He cosigned on the loan of a new car for his son because his car died, and the family needed a car. His son wanted to get a used one, but he insisted on getting anew one, and providing the down payment.

What kind of man is he? A godly, compassionate, loving, caring, and imperfect one, and one I am proud to call friend.

Dragon's muse
02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a wonderful person. Look for an indepth reveiw on the morrow.

rose

Dragon's muse
02-26-2007, 07:23 AM
This is an excellent example of character description. It gives a real sense of the person and why he is important to you. You back it up with concrete examples. You show us the man, rather than just tell. Wonderful job.

Look for your next assignment in the next day or so.

Let me tell you about my best friend. He is a few years older than I am, and of a totally different background, and we do not always agree on everything, but we love each other because we are spiritual brothers.<bit of a run on here. Maybe break into two wentences after background? In fact, he could be considered my father in the faith we share.

He walks a bit slowly, and often repeats something that he told me last week, but I know that he will always listen to me when I need to talk. I could call him at 2 in the morning, and he would come and get me if I needed him to<delete. He is selfless and compassionate, a bit pigheaded, and often lives in another century. But because he is trustworthy, I am trustworthy.

His example shows me how to walk in compassion and love. He will go out of his way for anyone who needs it, and has dragged me along occasionally to keep him company. This has, on one occasion, resulted in us scrapping our plans for the whole day and spending time with someone who needed a ride to run a few errands.

His heart is as big, and as delightful, as any you will find anywhere else<delete. He is not perfect, but he tries. His example shines to us all to let us know that good is possible in this world.

He has been married for 50 years, but he still gives the tie his wife bought him as an anniversary gift to his son because it is not the one he wanted. When he first told us about this we all know he would pay for it, but whatever strife this caused between him and his wife was kept behind the doors of their house. Yet he asked for tie back because he wanted to please her, and it was a really nice tie, by the way.

He cosigned on the loan of a new car for his son because his car died, and the family needed a car. His son wanted to get a used one, but he insisted on getting anew one, and providing the down payment.

What kind of man is he? A godly, compassionate, loving, caring, and imperfect one, and one I am proud to call friend.