PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of the Story Reviews & Feedback Forum

ElectricBadger
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Welcome to Story Reviews & Feedback Forum, friends old and new!

Here in the Library we have several literary forums, each with a specific purpose. Because organization helps connect questions to answers, and allows a better search venue for topics already covered, placing the right posts in the right forums is important.

This forum's purpose is to be a place for serious, positive responses to others' work. It is the place to post longer comments on the Library's works and to request reviews of your own work, either published or incomplete. It's also where to submit any prose fiction (erotic or otherwise) you'd like to have edited before posting. Finally, this is the place to discuss the reviewing process, how to improve your feedback and how to obtain better input.

Because of the nature of this forum, there is a lot of possibility to hurt feelings. Writing is an expression of someone, and sharing that takes bravery and risk and should be encouraged and rewarded. Not every response will be positive -- indeed, suggestions and contrary opinions are greatly valued in the creative process -- but everything must be encouraging and constructive. Comments that are anything less will be immediately removed.

Be aware that off-topic threads may be moved to other forums (I'm going to undertake an effort to sort out the archives over the next...um...period of time!) This is absolutely not a comment of the validity or quality or worth of anything posted; it's just an effort to categorize. If you're offended or disagree with any moves of the archives, please send me a message to sort it out!

It may also help to be aware of the purpose of the other forums.

Pencil Sharpening is a space about the authoring process: how to create a work, the process of publishing something and how to connect to an audience, as well as the technical aspects of writing: grammar, word choice, structure, etc.

Writer's Block is a community project which presents an arranged format intended to help authors improve their skills.

Story Ideas is the place to post your suggestions for what sort of content you'd like to see others write about, or for ideas to fill out your own material.

If you have any questions I encourage you to post them or contact me via PM.

-Electric Badger

ElectricBadger
02-25-2007, 12:36 AM
What is the best way to submit a story for review?
This is up to you and your own preferences; however, I suggest you either attach it to a thread as a simple .doc document or paste it in a thread. Reviewers don't always have the time to return emails or the desire to give our their address, so making the work more accessible encourages responses.

May I submit a story each time I create a new draft?
Of course; the editing process is about incremental change, not a single frenzy of adjustment. I do, however, request that you keep each work to its own thread for consistency (otherwise it may become hard to tell which draft is the most recent) and also to avoid cluttering out other authors' threads. I also encourage you to attach a link to your finished story once it's been posted.