PDA

View Full Version : The Abyss - The glass is half full!

Sir_G
02-26-2007, 08:01 AM
I stand on the edge of the abyss
It is vast and dark, created with that first kiss
When our realities merged, became entwined
I wonder if we would have gone there knowing what we would find

I offer my hand in assistance and it is slapped away
your words so vehement your emotions so stayed
I offer my counsel and my words are scorned you'd rather watch some fiction
At least the actors have perfect diction

Dreams about to be realised and still you are ungrateful
You view me as a threat, I guess that is fateful
Never mind my pain and the wealth I bring
I have no rights after all you can sing

A tune of your making a charm no less
And I am left bereft and directionless
Yeah love hurts like fuck
Especially when you forget to duck

What does it matter its just a point of view
No matter that life is all askew
But I choose to go on and live each day anew
Because I have my own point of view.

tessa
02-26-2007, 08:21 AM
I stand on the edge of the abyss
It is vast and dark, created with that first kiss
When our realities merged, became entwined
I wonder if we would have gone there knowing what we would find

Your words allowed me to see and feel that place all over again.

Sir_G
02-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Tessa I hope "that" place is or ws not too painful. My turmoil at the moment is temporary I'm sure, know the hangover over is. LOL. But it hurts never the less.

I have made up my mind to live life the best best I can which includes venting the way I have and then moving on. Lifes too short for regrets and stress and I resolve from this day forward to live and be happy. I am here for the road that lies before me not what lays behind.

And yes the glass is half full and I think I'll top it up now.

Radiance
02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
And yes the glass is half full and I think I'll top it up now.

You know I love your style..purrssssssssssssssss

tessa
02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Sir G, "that" place was hell to visit. The scars that remain are reminders of my time there. But it was, as it turns out, only a visit. I sure didn't choose to stay and it sounds as if you are moving right along as well. Good for us! :)

I raise my glass to you and wish you all the very best to where ever you travel next.

tessa :wave:

poetic_justice
02-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I feel. Understand. Hope and wish that things are different soon.

Timberwolf
02-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Very interesting.

I'm glad you're finding the glass half full in life.

lily27
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Greg, my love...

Knowing you as I do, this has given me quite a little window into your reality at the moment. You know I am always around to listen (even when you don't want to talk, you stubborn, stubborn man).

Things will usually work themselves out the way they are meant to be worked out. No matter what happens, know you are very special to many people, and we care for you very much.

love, lily

Sir_G
02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Tessa there are some twee word that go "everything happens for a reason". Some I think we have to wait a while before we understand the reason other revelations come much more quickly. I was sad to read you were scarred but equally glad to read that like me you are moving on and as you say good for us! I wish health, and happiness on the road before you.

Radiance your name says it all. My face beams and my heart glows when we chat - nuff said there. *wink*

Poetic as always you are the muse to my heart - sometimes being the creator of my own reality is hard work. Talk to you again soon.

Timber as always your few words speak volumes hope you are well my brother and not neck deep in snow. *grin*

And lily I am not stubborn I'm a free agent my status says so. LOL. And yes you are right things do have a way of working out. Your kind words as ever are always welcome and yes will will chat again soon.

Hugs and much love to you all. True friends know you and like you anyway. To those that do I salute you to those that don't you obviously don't know me well enough. I look forward to getting to know you though.

Now where's that damn half full glass I was drinking from?

Radiance
02-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Your making me blush,grins .And i kinda like it..winks back

tessa
03-01-2007, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Sir_G]Tessa there are some twee word that go "everything happens for a reason". Some I think we have to wait a while before we understand the reason other revelations come much more quickly. I was sad to read you were scarred but equally glad to read that like me you are moving on and as you say good for us! I wish health, and happiness on the road before you.

We all have scars, Sir G. They are just part of the experience of life. Thank you for your well wishes. The very same to you.

~hands you your glass~ I topped it off for you. Hope you don't mind. :)

Sir_G
03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
*Takes glass from tessa* Thank you very much Tessa. *Turns up the volume on "Chasing Cars.* Raises glass to tessa and my friends, "Here's to full glasses everywhere, good friends, good times and living free."

Cheers

Eponine
03-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Sir_G, you are a very talented poet.
I'm sorry you had to suffer to bring out this eloquence.
I myself have found pain to be a much easier source from which to draw riches of language, especially poetry.
But, and I don't know you much, I hope that your glass remains full :)
Here's a fresh brew, on me :) *hands over a cold mug with alotta head*

Sir_G
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Sir_G, you are a very talented poet.
I'm sorry you had to suffer to bring out this eloquence.
I myself have found pain to be a much easier source from which to draw riches of language, especially poetry.
But, and I don't know you much, I hope that your glass remains full :)
Here's a fresh brew, on me :) *hands over a cold mug with alotta head*

Thanks ThisGirl, I hear what you are saying. From adversity we learn our most important lessons and sometimes this student thinks that sucks. But nevertheless continues to be a student of life.

*takes hold of the cold brew and takes a good swig* Mnnnn damn fine that. Thanks very much.